Rocket Mortgage Classic - Golf

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
OSU boys doing well so far!

Wolff is 9 under today and 12 under for the tournament and currently alone in 1st place by 1 stroke.

Hovland is 5 under today and 8 under for the tournament and currently tied for 12th.

Rickie was 5 under yesterday and tees off at 1 pm today, tied for 32nd but can move up if he scores low.

Uihlein and Noren aren’t fairing so well and are likely to not make the cut unless they really turn it on. Van Pelt is 2 under the cut line but hasn’t started today, so maybe he has a chance to make the cut. Gooch withdrew from the tournament due to a back injury.

For those that have been starving for sports, this might be a fun weekend watch. Coverage today doesn’t start until 3pm on the Golf Channel unfortunately, but tomorrow and Sunday will be a bit of Golf Channel in early afternoon and then switch over to CBS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
More ICE CREAM !!!!! (You need to be watching ESPN reporting regarding Wolff and his hearing the Ice Cream truck driving around the golf course)

Nice that ESPN mentioned he played at oSu. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2004
Final

DeChambeau 1st..boo, not a fan

Wolff 2nd
Fowler T12
Hovland T12
Ventura T21
Van Pelt T68

Missed Cut:
Uihlein
Tway
Noren
Gooch(WD)
Clark(WD)

4 Cowboys in top 25..
Go Pokes!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
In the last week or two I saw an interview with him and thought "he doesn't seem so bad." Then I watch him play and I just can't stand him. Slow play is the worst, and when it's on TV every idiot on every muni thinks they have to read every putt from multiple angles - even though they only hit their intended line about half the time.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
In the last week or two I saw an interview with him and thought "he doesn't seem so bad." Then I watch him play and I just can't stand him. Slow play is the worst, and when it's on TV every idiot on every muni thinks they have to read every putt from multiple angles - even though they only hit their intended line about half the time.
And he got mouthy this weekend with a cameraman that was doing "his actual job" of recording the action.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
I didn't like the commentators saying over and over: "Doosbag has a great, classic swing and Wolff has a . . . well, I guess it works for him."

But, of course, Wolff is laughing all the way to the bank !

Feb 5, 2007
Tulsa, OK
And he got mouthy this weekend with a cameraman that was doing "his actual job" of recording the action.
DeChambeau...not a fan at all. He said the cameraman made him look bad by showing his reaction after a shot. Call me crazy, but I think maybe his own actions make him look bad and not what the cameraman did.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
I didn't like the commentators saying over and over: "Doosbag has a great, classic swing and Wolff has a . . . well, I guess it works for him."

You've got to admit that Wolff's swing is rather unorthodox, but he hits it straight, man. And I also think that Wolff's swing will get him (and OSU) more attention on the tour.

Perhaps we'll see more and more players trying to copy that swing, which will drive golf pros and coaches everywhere batty.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO

Douchey looks like he is swinging as hard as he can every time. Looks like me on the back end of a 4 man scramble with 3 in the fairway and I’m going Happy Gilmore on that thing. Total meathead, do they test for roids on the PGA?

There are only a few golfers I can’t stand, Dechambeau and Patrick Reed are pretty much the entire list.

Jul 9, 2004

Douchey looks like he is swinging as hard as he can every time. Looks like me on the back end of a 4 man scramble with 3 in the fairway and I’m going Happy Gilmore on that thing. Total meathead, do they test for roids on the PGA?

There are only a few golfers I can’t stand, Dechambeau and Patrick Reed are pretty much the entire list.

This + Bubba Watson and Matt Kuchar

DemBoys

Wrangler
Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
This + Bubba Watson and Matt Kuchar

And Jim Furyk. "It works for him."

Also the pairings for the first 2 rounds this weekend were released and Rickie and Wolff are paired together along with Fatprick Reed. That ought to be a fun group.