Rittenhouse Trial

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
So your denying what the democrats have done? Someone asked for examples and I went to google and copied and pasted info from the second link. I also, never said anything about republicans being 100% innocent. It isn't my job to educate anyone on history. Hopefully Monkey reads both post, gets interested and decides to explore himself. I don't have a massive library full of books to reference info from. Google is the quickest and easiest way for me to find info, as it more than likely is for most. Is that a simple minded approach? I would say yes. I would also argue calling someone someone simple minded because they use what they have at the disposal, simple minded.

As for the civil rights act. It was the fifteenth amendment, passed by republicans at the end of the civil war, that gave blacks the right to vote amongst other rights. Because of this, we had the first elected black senators. When federal troops withdrew from the south and Democrats took control of the south again. They went to work putting state and local voting laws into place that took the right to vote away. You could say that the passing of the civil rights act of 64, when it comes to voting rights, finalized what reconstruction policies started.

By the way, who controlled the south from the early 1800's until the late 80's early 90's, minus reconstruction? The democrats. What took place during those times? Slavery, dividing of a nation, jim crow laws/segregation all under the watchful eyes of democrats.
I'm not denying anything, you mope.

I'm saying that history is complicated, nuanced, and not prone to being understood fully by simply "googling up" preferred sources that support your own already preconceived opinions/notions, calling it good, and conveniently ignoring any history from 1964 on because it brings your preconceived biases into question. I very quickly and very easily, using original sourced historical documents, proved that quite clearly.

I too urge YOU to "get interested and decide to explore" for yourself instead of simple-mindedly deciding what history is based upon google searches and posting of propaganda of your choice that doesn't tell the whole story. Because what you are doing right now is disposable, simple minded, and easily refuted. Do better in educating yourself. I think @TheMonkey probably has the intellectual curiosity and honesty to do that should he choose. Right now, I highly doubt that you do. I fully anticipate you will continue to with uneducated spoutings of opinions and factual assertions based upon a quick google search.

Finally.....you admitted...

"Is that a simple minded approach? I would say yes. I would also argue calling someone someone simple minded because they use what they have at the disposal, simple minded."

Argue nonsense all you want. Calling something or someone EXACTLY what they admit it is/they are isn't simple minded, it's TRUE and ACCURATE.

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq
So your denying what the democrats have done? Someone asked for examples and I went to google and copied and pasted info from the second link.
I almost hate to ask, but is there even a slim chance you’re going to give a clearer picture of your (for lack of a better term) sources? Like, any reference whatsoever?

At this point, this is like saying the fridge told you to eat the entire cake or something.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
How many centuries should one hold grudges for past behavior and also how many centuries should good past behavior be used to excuse current poor behavior?
So you don't believe the modern day democrat party prefers to try and focus on and convince black (and to a somewhat lesser degree other minority citizens), they are victims in order to try and lower their expectations and increase their dependency on government programs?

Sep 9, 2012
I almost hate to ask, but is there even a slim chance you’re going to give a clearer picture of your (for lack of a better term) sources? Like, any reference whatsoever?

At this point, this is like saying the fridge told you to eat the entire cake or something.
Professor from Vanderbilt University wrote that article. I can't remember the persons name. Henry Louis Gates has said similar things in documentaries as well.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
So you don't believe the modern day democrat party prefers to try and focus on and convince black (and to a somewhat lesser degree other minority citizens), they are victims in order to try and lower their expectations and increase their dependency on government programs?
Your talking points all dressed up pretending to be a question have nothing at all to do with what I asked him.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
So would your answer to my question be a correct or incorrect?
My answer is that it is a talking point dressed up as a question so it isn't something I am going to answer on a message board. As is usually the case with talking points, complex, large, nuanced thoughts are packaged as a quick, simple, overly generalized quip to excite the true believers. It is a game I don't play. If you really want an answer, it is that it is both correct and incorrect.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
My answer is that it is a talking point dressed up as a question so it isn't something I am going to answer on a message board. As is usually the case with talking points, complex, large, nuanced thoughts are packaged as a quick, simple, overly generalized quip to excite the true believers. It is a game I don't play. If you really want an answer, it is that it is both correct and incorrect.
In reality, it's a statement of opinion rather than a factual assertion subject to verification or refutation.

A binary litmus test to determine whether your on "his side" or "the other side".

Nothing more.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Now THAT is what I define as a really nonsensical response. Well done.