Rittenhouse Trial

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 3, 2014
That's true. An individual's personal views don't limit their right to self defense. It does however blow a hole in the narrative that he was a white supremacist roaming the streets for protesters to shoot.
does it really though?...words vs. action...I don't know if he was roaming to shoot, but give me a break that he supports the BLM...I do think he is on his way to becoming a politician...
5fff91f24da65.image.jpg
3535d0bab16fe3686731ee10e214341d634c23c8.jpg

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
if he is telling the truth and hasn't hired a media manager/publicist at some point to manage him and tell him what to say.

No, I'm not alleging that is the case, merely pointing out that there are other possibilities.
He may be tired of being some white supremacist poster boy.

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
does it really though?...words vs. action...I don't know if he was roaming to shoot, but give me a break that he supports the BLM...I do think he is on his way to becoming a politician...
View attachment 93240 View attachment 93242
Interesting things I've learned from the internet:
1. The Proud Boys are a far right group that has attracted some unsavory characters, but it isn't a white supremacist group. They accept members from all races.
2. There are a ton of trolls that use the "OK" sign just to trigger liberals.
3. "Hitler did nothing wrong" isn't about antisemitism. It was a Mountain Dew slogan contest prank.
4. Most college kids could care less about politics. They just chant "Let's go Brandon" at sporting events because it's something that went viral.

I don't really know anything about Kyle Rittenhouse's beliefs. He may be a white supremacist, or he might be a BLM supporter. All I really know is that if you got triggered by that photo, he probably got what he wanted.

Jan 3, 2014
Interesting things I've learned from the internet:
1. The Proud Boys are a far right group that has attracted some unsavory characters, but it isn't a white supremacist group. They accept members from all races.
2. There are a ton of trolls that use the "OK" sign just to trigger liberals.
3. "Hitler did nothing wrong" isn't about antisemitism. It was a Mountain Dew slogan contest prank.
4. Most college kids could care less about politics. They just chant "Let's go Brandon" at sporting events because it's something that went viral.

I don't really know anything about Kyle Rittenhouse's beliefs. He may be a white supremacist, or he might be a BLM supporter. All I really know is that if you got triggered by that photo, he probably got what he wanted.
you say 'triggered', I say 'calling it like I see it.' ...btw, a person can be a white supremacist and not be white...

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
you say 'triggered', I say 'calling it like I see it.'
That's fair. We're all just trying to call things like we see them. Be careful not to believe everything you hear though. The "OK" sign controversy is nothing more than a hoax.

4chan decided back in 2017 that they were going to try to prank the media by fooling them into thinking that it was a symbol for white supremacy. They flooded social media with memes about it. The media took it hook, line, and sinker, and now many people correlate it with white supremacy.

It's true that some white supremacists have used the sign since that happened, but the vast majority of people do it just to trigger the far left. I don't know what Kyle Rittenhouse has in his heart. He may be a racist. But I wouldn't make that judgement from that photo. He may just be joking around like a normal teenager.

Jan 11, 2010
Close, very close
That's fair. We're all just trying to call things like we see them. Be careful not to believe everything you hear though. The "OK" sign controversy is nothing more than a hoax.

4chan decided back in 2017 that they were going to try to prank the media by fooling them into thinking that it was a symbol for white supremacy. They flooded social media with memes about it. The media took it hook, line, and sinker, and now many people correlate it with white supremacy.

It's true that some white supremacists have used the sign since that happened, but the vast majority of people do it just to trigger the far left. I don't know what Kyle Rittenhouse has in his heart. He may be a racist. But I wouldn't make that judgement from that photo. He may just be joking around like a normal teenager.
Some people just want to see everyone who disagrees with their narrative burn. Or, they just need someone new to hate. Either way it's a sad commentary and a ridiculous waste of life.

Jan 3, 2014

replying to the bold:
thanks for the advice...ditto
many people do correlate it with white supremacy, no matter how it started...
OK...click your heels together...

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN

If some people are doing it to be racist and many are doing it just to troll the libs, then isn't it a little off putting that there are a fair amount of people willing to do something that may be taken as racist just to be jerks? IMO that says more about them than the people they are trying to irritate.

And I agree it's stupid. It should have been ignored my the media when it first became a thing but it wasn't and here we are. With something like this, context matters alot. There was a scene from Malcolm in the middle where the kids were using it as a "made you look" to hit each other. Lots of things from that generation of television haven't aged well but that was as innocent then (relatively speaking for that show) as it is today. Compare that to the Rittenhouse photo. Yeah he may have been trolling the libs there but who he was with and what he was charged with make it a really bad look. That was a mistake and he is really lucky it didn't come back to bite him in this.

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
If some people are doing it to be racist and many are doing it just to troll the libs, then isn't it a little off putting that there are a fair amount of people willing to do something that may be taken as racist just to be jerks? IMO that says more about them than the people they are trying to irritate.

And I agree it's stupid. It should have been ignored my the media when it first became a thing but it wasn't and here we are. With something like this, context matters alot. There was a scene from Malcolm in the middle where the kids were using it as a "made you look" to hit each other. Lots of things from that generation of television haven't aged well but that was as innocent then (relatively speaking for that show) as it is today. Compare that to the Rittenhouse photo. Yeah he may have been trolling the libs there but who he was with and what he was charged with make it a really bad look. That was a mistake and he is really lucky it didn't come back to bite him in this.
Here's my take on it:
It was created as a joke to troll liberals. It was designed to illustrate the absurd levels they'll go to to be offended. If you see an actual racist doing it, it's still probably just a joke. (Racists like trolling liberals too.) If someone actually believes it's a symbol for white supremacy and gets upset, that just means the joke is working.

I've always thought that pranks like "Hitler did nothing wrong" and the "OK" symbol were funny, but people that don't understand internet culture get upset over them. So while I laugh, I also choose not to participate. 4chan is way too wild and messed up for me. That isn't a corner of the internet that I visit. But I do occasionally have to laugh at some of the things that come from there.

All that being said, I don't really know any white supremacists. Maybe some of them are stupid enough to believe it actually is a symbol for white power. So who knows. To each their own. It's not something I would do, but I wouldn't consider someone a racist just because they did it.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The thing with Rittenhouse and the okay sign reminds me of Borat and one of his stunts. He got a bunch of people at a bar to sing along to a song "Throw the Jew down the well". When asked about it, he said it didn't really mean those people were likely anti Semites, it was more a demonstration of how easy it is to get people to go along with the group.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
KR is really upset with his original attorneys... Lin Wood is one of the attorneys claiming election fraud still for Trump

"Rittenhouse Slams Lin Wood, John Pierce for 'Disrespecting His Wishes'" https://www.insider.com/rittenhouse...erce-for-disrespecting-his-wishes-2021-11?amp
That sucks for him and I'm glad he has the self awareness to realize how wrong that was and call people out for it. Regardless of how you feel about the situation he is a human being and it's awful that his attorneys manipulated the situation for political/monetary purposes.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
That sucks for him and I'm glad he has the self awareness to realize how wrong that was and call people out for it. Regardless of how you feel about the situation he is a human being and it's awful that his attorneys manipulated the situation for political/monetary purposes.
He is also claiming that the legal defense fund they set up in his name was a scam as well

"Rittenhouse Said Lin Wood, John Pierce Defense Fund Was Scam" https://www.businessinsider.com/rit...john-pierce-defense-fund-was-scam-2021-11?amp