Rip Rush Limbaugh

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2007
OK & CA
I am not saying you hate anyone, I just think we could all stand to take the rhetoric down a level and step back for a little perspective right now
People would have to admit they have a problem first. The “regulars” in this sub should dedicate themselves to not posting for 1 month to see if they have some kind of compulsive behavior going on. I see so much name calling, people posting 20+ times a day at all hours of the day going round and round. And for what?

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I very much believe in hell (even if not the fire and brimstone kind) and I’m afraid that is where this asshole is. He certainly did enough to punch his ticket. Though I don’t really take pleasure in that. I actually do hope he atoned for his sins and is in a better place.
You clearly don’t understand how a Christian punches his ticket to Heaven, or how a person punches his ticket to hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
By grace are we saved, through faith, not of ourselves lest any man should boast. I agree that bostfukness isn’t attractive and that opinions are what they are. That being said, I have absolutely zero idea on Rushes whereabouts, it would be just as arrogant of me to assume that as it was for him to make the “arrogant” statements many on here of the other political mindset accuse him of. I sincerencly hope That he and anyone else who dies has an opportunity for reconciliation with their maker.

State

Russian Bot
Mar 15, 2007
TX
Rush was the greatest. He wasn't perfect, but I believe he had a good heart and loved this country and the working people of the country. His humor was brilliant, and perspective insightful and unique. I've listened to him off and on beginning with his tv show in the 90s. Just wish I'd listened to him more now. The country would be better off if more had listened to his show.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
Personal Of Sensationalism?
Popular Orator of Sensibility?
Positive Original Soul?

What is this "POS" of which you so callously speak?
he's possibly referring to rush saying many racists and sexists and anti-LGBTQ statements...there are many...in my world he was a POS...

Jul 23, 2018
USA
he's possibly referring to rush saying many racists and sexists and anti-LGBTQ statements...there are many...in my world he was a POS...
One of Rush's taglines was that he illustrated the absurd by being absurd. Those calling him names never listened to the show, just parroting the false leftist media narrative. There wasn't a mean bone in his body. His long-time call screener and friend James Golden says it best. He starts at about the 1:30 mark.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6233560262001#sp=show-clips

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
One of Rush's taglines was that he illustrated the absurd by being absurd. Those calling him names never listened to the show, just parroting the false leftist media narrative. There wasn't a mean bone in his body. His long-time call screener and friend James Golden says it best. He starts at about the 1:30 mark.

You call it absurd, I call it hate!
I I did listen to him, not religiously, but quite a lot...I'm one of those dudes that likes to hear from both sides...he was a racist, sexist, and homophobia...it's sad that people can't just look at the facts and MANY quotes he said, and just see him as another great Conservative.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006

You call it absurd, I call it hate!
I I did listen to him, not religiously, but quite a lot...I'm one of those dudes that likes to hear from both sides...he was a racist, sexist, and homophobia...it's sad that people can't just look at the facts and MANY quotes he said, and just see him as another great Conservative.
All of those labels are thrown around like footballs today. It is really sad.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014

No, this is really sad:
rush quotes:
"When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it's an invitation."
"Women should not be allowed on juries where the accused is a stud."
"Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society."
“Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.”
“Look it, let me put it to you this way. The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."
"I think it's time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association. Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling them teams. Call 'em gangs."

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006

No, this is really sad:
rush quotes:
"When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it's an invitation."
"Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society."
“Look it, let me put it to you this way. The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."
"I think it's time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association. Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling them teams. Call 'em gangs."
I’m not talking about that. I don’t give one rip about this person. I made a statement that is absolutely true.

Mar 11, 2006
No, this is really sad:
rush quotes:
I would be interested to know if you think Colbert is also full of hate? He certainly has done a lot more homophobic jokes, and definitely more graphic, than Rush.
Or do you view them differently because one is liberal vs one conservative?

I don't view either as being hateful. Both use comedy to push their political commentary.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
I would be interested to know if you think Colbert is also full of hate? He certainly has done a lot more homophobic jokes, and definitely more graphic, than Rush.
Or do you view them differently because one is liberal vs one conservative?

I don't view either as being hateful. Both use comedy to push their political commentary.
*I'm not quite as liberal as you might think, in fact, I have NEVER watched Colbert, but if he has said homophobic things as you say, then yes, I think "he's full of hate."
*the title of this thread is rip rush limbaugh, that is why I mentioned only rush, there are certainly more people who are hateful and rude and POS...reps, dems, libertarians, ind, white, black, brown, male, female, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.