Rip Rush Limbaugh

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2006
If you want to view some of the worst of humanity, click on the Twitter link Binman shared and read some of the vile replies. Some people have dark hearts.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
If you want to view some of the worst of humanity, click on the Twitter link Binman shared and read some of the vile replies . Some people have dark hearts.
I honestly think Rush would have loved that and those comments (they are disgusting btw). He welcomed those types of challenges in real life and never backed down. He reveled in getting the other side riled up or I don't think he thought he was making a difference if they weren't pissed off at him.

Pokit N

Gent of Good Intent
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
Lily Lake, IL
I honestly think Rush would have loved that and those comments (they are disgusting btw). He welcomed those types of challenges in real life and never backed down. He reveled in getting the other side riled up or I don't think he thought he was making a difference if they weren't pissed off at him.
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.”

― Winston Churchill

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Dude was a flat out amazing radio voice even after he lost his hearing. Built a radio empire just basically telling you what the everyday man was thinking but maybe afraid to say. I didn't always agree with his takes, but lots of times I did...toward the end I felt I had to roll up my windows if I was listening to his broadcast in the car because others might be offended in our oft overly offended society that seems to want us all in lock step. Bottom line, a nice addition to freedom of speech of the everyday man...he will be missed by many and others will be glad he is gone. Certainly made a hell of an impact especially back in the 80's when he first starting becoming national...and yes, cancer sucks big time. RIP

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Certainly made a hell of an impact especially back in the 80's when he first starting becoming national...and yes, cancer sucks big time. RIP
He used to have a regular segment in the late 80's and early 90's where he would read off the name of men who have died of AIDS and have bells and whistles to celebrate it.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
He used to have a regular segment in the late 80's and early 90's where he would read off the name of men who have died of AIDS and have bells and whistles to celebrate it.
I don't recall a bit of that...not a good thing if true. But that sounds like BS or at least taken completely out of context. While he wasn't light on homosexuals back in the day (very few were) I don't recall him outright celebrating their deaths.

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I don't recall a bit of that...not a good thing if true. But that sounds like BS or at least taken completely out of context. While he wasn't light on homosexuals back in the day (very few were) I don't recall him outright celebrating death.
Limbaugh later called it one of the most regretful things he ever did.

Iowa’s Cedar Gazette reported in 1990 that Limbaugh’s “AIDS Update,” a recurring segment in which he made jokes about a disease that had killed more than 100,000 people in the United States the previous decade, started by playing songs such as “Back in the Saddle Again,” “Kiss Him Goodbye,” “I Know I’ll Never Love This Way Again,” and “Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places.”
The “Aids Update” segment was short-lived. According to The New York Times, it ended after a few weeks. Limbaugh would call the segment one of “most regretful things I’ve ever done” because it was “making fun of people who were dying long, painful and excruciating deaths.”
The Times reported:
Limbaugh, who does not enjoy contretemps, has cut some of his material, especially on homosexuals. He says he was tired of the “harassment” and also feeling a greater responsibility as his audience grows. He killed a running bit on AIDS after two weeks. “It’s the single most regretful thing I’ve ever done,” he says, “because it ended up making fun of people who were dying long, painful and excruciating deaths, when they were not the target. It was a totally irresponsible thing to do.”​

Sep 3, 2010
Limbaugh later called it one of the most regretful things he ever did.

Iowa’s Cedar Gazette reported in 1990 that Limbaugh’s “AIDS Update,” a recurring segment in which he made jokes about a disease that had killed more than 100,000 people in the United States the previous decade, started by playing songs such as “Back in the Saddle Again,” “Kiss Him Goodbye,” “I Know I’ll Never Love This Way Again,” and “Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places.”
The “Aids Update” segment was short-lived. According to The New York Times, it ended after a few weeks. Limbaugh would call the segment one of “most regretful things I’ve ever done” because it was “making fun of people who were dying long, painful and excruciating deaths.”
The Times reported:
Limbaugh, who does not enjoy contretemps, has cut some of his material, especially on homosexuals. He says he was tired of the “harassment” and also feeling a greater responsibility as his audience grows. He killed a running bit on AIDS after two weeks. “It’s the single most regretful thing I’ve ever done,” he says, “because it ended up making fun of people who were dying long, painful and excruciating deaths, when they were not the target. It was a totally irresponsible thing to do.”​
Sounds like he was remorseful, took responsibility for it, and apologized. We could use more of that today for sure.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I didn’t learn about him until ‘91 and it actually took me a little more than a week to really catch on with how he managed that show and the subtleties of his jabs at people.
It was definitely a show you had to pay attention to follow along. The Clinton years were classics "America Under Seige, Day ( ), Rush Limbaugh reporting" were very entertaining.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
If you want to view some of the worst of humanity, click on the Twitter link Binman shared and read some of the vile replies. Some people have dark hearts.
News9 article on Facebook was the same way. Lots of laughing emojis and nasty comments. A differing of political opinion should not be used as justification for that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jul 23, 2018
USA
https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1362089823238901760?s=19
Rush was a great man and will be missed. I started listening in college after hearing him described as the most dangerous man in America. I kept listening and listening, wondering when the dangerous parts of the show would start. There have been few days since that time where I didn't hear at least a few minutes of Rush. Talent on loan from God. Battling the left with half his brain tied behind his back, just to make it fair. RIP Rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.