Ring of Honor

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 12, 2008
(FYI)

The two coaches in the College HOF with Okla State connections are Waldorf and Jimmy Johnson...
Jimmy Johnson is not in there because of anything he did at OSU. Waldorf never lost to OU and Johnson never beat them. And then there is they whole cheating/probation thing.

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
After giving this a little research, a Top-10 emerged fairly easily. 2-Time All Americans are rare at OSU. I believe those have to be honored before many of the others that have been mentioned.

Barry Sanders – Pro Football HOF, College HOF, Heisman Winner, 2-Time All American, Retired Number

Thurman Thomas – Pro-Football HOF, College HOF, 2-Time All American, Retired Number

Bob Fenimore – College HOF, 2-Time All American, Retired Number

Leslie O’Neal – College HOF, 2-Time All American, Retired Number

Terry Miller – 2-Time All-American, Retired Number

Justin Blackmon –2-Time Biletnikoff Award winner, 2-Time All American

James Washington - Biletnikoff Award winner, 2-Time All American

Mark Moore – 2-Time All American

Rashaun Woods – 2-Time All American

Russell Okung – 2-Time All American

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2008
Maryland
After giving this a little research, a Top-10 emerged fairly easily. 2-Time All Americans are rare at OSU. I believe those have to be honored before many of the others that have been mentioned.

Barry Sanders – Pro Football HOF, College HOF, Heisman Winner, 2-Time All American, Retired Number

Thurman Thomas – Pro-Football HOF, College HOF, 2-Time All American, Retired Number

Bob Fenimore – College HOF, 2–Time All American, Retired Number

Leslie O’Neal – College HOF, 2-Time All American, Retired Number

Terry Miller – 2 Time All-American, Retired Number

Justin Blackmon –2 Time Biletnikoff Award winner, 2 Time All American

James Washington - Biletnikoff Award winner, 2-Time All American

Mark Moore – 2-Time All American

Rashaun Woods – 2-Time All American

Russell Okung – 2 Time All American
I like this list. I think All-American (at least one year but probably multiple years) should be a requirement. No 1 year wonders. This is a career award so it should require a career not a season. I'd also lean towards players with solid NFL careers as well to start with but not necessarily as a long term limit.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Do we just do running backs to reinforce the TailbackU moniker?
Nahhh, because then we won't get to eventually include Rodriguez. I just initially mentioned Garrison because he's really funny and I'd love to hear his speech. But that aside, he's a Cowboy through and through and I'm glad to claim him as a fellow alum. As Barbara Mandrell sang, he was country when country wasn't cool!!!

Nov 8, 2013
I like this list. I think All-American (at least one year but probably multiple years) should be a requirement. No 1 year wonders. This is a career award so it should require a career not a season. I'd also lean towards players with solid NFL careers as well to start with but not necessarily as a long term limit.
Wondering - does the list have to just be players and head coaches? What about anyone else with long, significant contribution? Perhaps Rob Glass, Byron Bird, etc.? The Phoenix Suns have their long-time head athletic trainer in their Ring of Honor.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Wondering - does the list have to just be players and head coaches? What about anyone else with long, significant contribution? Perhaps Rob Glass, Byron Bird, etc.? The Phoenix Suns have their long-time head athletic trainer in their Ring of Honor.
I'm afraid if they did that, we'd have the MASH Officers Club all over again. Radar O’Reilly, who’s been like a son to me; Corporal Klinger, who’s been like a daughter; my cousin Leroy. :D

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
He has some negatives but none impacted OSU as bad as Dykes’ did.
That's true, but let's be clear Pat Jones was in the middle of that mess as well. He's been insulated from that reality for some reason.

Blackmon, Dykes and Jones probably should never be considered.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
He smoked his NFL career away, after putting up ridiculous Playstation stats and winning the Biletnikoff twice while helping lead us to one of the best seasons in our history. His personal choices afterwards don’t need to be immortalized but his collegiate career does.
FIFY