Ring of Honor

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I agree that some real ground needs to be made in fixing this relationship. Criticize me all you want but he's one of the best WR in the league right now and having him here for an induction on a big recruiting weekend could be nice.
Disagree. I think trying to "fixing this relationship" massively reeks of trying to take advantage of what he's accomplished in the NFL and nothing whatsoever about what he accomplished (which was in a relative sense almost nothing) at OSU. Sorry, but I think that's a really bad idea.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Side note: I was at the unveiling of Barry’s statue and some jerk at the front wore this ridiculously large orange cowboy hat that obscured a lot of our vision. Seriously, who does that?
CB21DC64-54F7-42CB-8CFD-20CD25B20F75.jpeg

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
PJ bore the brunt of recruiting violations by JJ. He coached some of our best, and worst, years. It would have been interesting to see what he would have done without the probation. I think he could be up there, but not for a while. It could be a posthumous award.
His embracing of the culture of goon precludes his inclusion

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
There's been 4 Oklahoma State players inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame:
- Bob Fenimore
- Leslie O'Neal
- Thurman Thomas.
- Barry Sanders

If you also include "retired" numbers, you would add Terry Miller to that list.

I think by any definition, those would have to be the first five Ring of Honor Inductees.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
There's been 4 Oklahoma State players inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame:
- Bob Fenimore
- Leslie O'Neal
- Thurman Thomas.
- Barry Sanders

If you also include "retired" numbers, you would add Terry Miller to that list.

I think by any definition, those would have to be the first five Ring of Honor Inductees.
I’m starting to think we do these 4 next and go from there. Feel like the 2011 should be a little older. Not as old as Barry and Thurman were though. On PJ, is there anyone still connected to our program with any pull that would want him in? Gundy maybe?

Nov 8, 2013
Mandatory:
* Thurman (done)
* Barry (done)
- Fenimore
- O'Neal
- Miller
- Blackmon
- Gundy (after retirement)
-------------------
Next Level
- Chester Pittman - I like this idea
- Washington (after NFL career - hopefully quite a while from now)
-------------------
Extending the Circle and Getting Creative (not really serious about all of these)
- Kolb (OL representative? Maybe Okung?)
- Weeden (I am OK actually listing "Weeden2Blackmon" on the Ring in the top list, but in a way that minimizes Blackmon and he shouldn't be minimized)
- Monger (the "walk-on" representative)
- Bailey (the special teams representative)
- Pettigrew (the "turn the corner winning culture" representative and TE representative)
- ________ (the grad transfer/portal transfer representative) (WHO??)
- Corker and/or Young (LB representative)
- Moore (DB representative)
- Anderson (NCAA rushing leader)
- Hubbard (NCAA rushing leader;2K club)
- Tylan (kidding - but listed just for fun since he's my favorite "new era" guy)
- Garrison (60's representative and 2nd biggest Cowboy of all after Pistol Pete)

Aug 16, 2012
To keep from pitting one generation against the other, maybe they should rotate the eras for each year for a while. There is no way to compare what one did in the 60s or before with what someone has done now. It is a different game and a different program. Would be easier to evaluate their merit when taken in context with the game and program at the time.

Pre-1980
1981-2000
2001-current

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Disagree. I think trying to "fixing this relationship" massively reeks of trying to take advantage of what he's accomplished in the NFL and nothing whatsoever about what he accomplished (which was in a relative sense almost nothing) at OSU. Sorry, but I think that's a really bad idea.
Kick it again Bob will echo for ages, he should be looked at long before the sychophant for the goons Patty "Bumfuzzled" Jones

Sep 12, 2008
The only 3 coaches that should even be considered for the Ring of Honor are:

Lynn Pappy Waldorf
Jim Lookabaugh
Mike Gundy

Nov 8, 2013
The only 3 coaches that should even be considered for the Ring of Honor are:

Lynn Pappy Waldorf
Jim Lookabaugh
Mike Gundy
And Waldorf's biggest success came elsewhere, right? Was good at Oklahoma A&M, but earned his CFB HOF creds elsewhere? (Guess I could look it up...)

Sep 12, 2008
And Waldorf's biggest success came elsewhere, right? Was good at Oklahoma A&M, but earned his CFB HOF creds elsewhere? (Guess I could look it up...)
From 1929 to 1933 Waldorf went 34–10–7, winning three Missouri Valley Conference championships. He never lost to Oklahoma, with the Cowboys holding their arch-rivals scoreless for 19 quarters in a row. Pretty good run.

H2Orange

Sitting on the Group W bench
A/V Subscriber
Nov 17, 2007
Edmond
Lots of people mentioning Weeden and few mentioning Rudolph. Mason is the one with most of the school passing records. His best years were better than Weeden's best years.

I would be in favor of inducting one living and one deceased for a few years. Maybe O'Neal and Fenimore next year.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Kick it again Bob will echo for ages, he should be looked at long before the sychophant for the goons Patty "Bumfuzzled" Jones
Hill’s not even a consideration, in the least.

Tim to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
www.tulsalawyer.org
I think easy ones and the next ones should be:

- Fenimore
- O'Neal

Tyreek Hill does not deserve being in this conversation in my opinion. Only one year and left the program due to domestic assault on his girlfriend. Not "ring of honor material" in my opinion.

According to Wikipedia:

Domestic assault conviction
Stillwater police records indicate that on December 12, 2014, Hill was arrested on complaints of assault of his 20-year-old pregnant girlfriend, Crystal Espinal. The police report states that the two got into an argument and he threw her around "like a ragdoll", punched her in the face, sat on her and repeatedly punched her in the stomach, and choked her. Oklahoma State dismissed him from the football team after the charges.

Hill eventually pleaded guilty to domestic assault and battery by strangulation and was sentenced to three years of probation, an anger-management course, a year-long batterer's program, and was required to undergo a domestic-abuse evaluation.

Last edited: