Rickie Fowler

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 20, 2013
Yeah, he had a rough last year or two, but the past two months has been getting it on the tracks. Problem is it takes a while for the OWGR points to build up. Unfortunately, without a win, he'll be chasing/building points for the next year trying to overcome the bad year last year.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
Close, very close
I read where Mickelson is trying to gift him the exemption he's earned and doesn't need. I hope the PGA allows it. Fowler has been playing better recently (not great) and I'd like to see him play his way back into competition.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
I read where Mickelson is trying to gift him the exemption he's earned and doesn't need. I hope the PGA allows it. Fowler has been playing better recently (not great) and I'd like to see him play his way back into competition.
Mickelson wants him there for practice rounds...where he will try to clean out Ricky’s bank account. Mickelson and Jordan are two of the most aggressive gamblers in golf...so rumor goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 16, 2012
Never even tried golf until I was 40. Freaking loved it. So humiliating. I keep coming back for more.
My kid laughed at me for being a golf enthusiast. About two years ago he and some buddies went to Top Golf and now they are hooked. He has a full bag and plays once a week.

Aug 16, 2012
May or may not have something to do with his recent struggles, but you may have noticed him wearing a goofy set of shades during the Memorial. Reported to be an eye issue and the glasses help with the strain.

Jul 31, 2008
So most tourney's have "at large" spots to give to players that they want there that didn't qualify.
Is that not the case with US Open ?

dbt974s

Wrangler
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, CO
So most tourney's have "at large" spots to give to players that they want there that didn't qualify.
Is that not the case with US Open ?
No. Here is a list of how one can become exempt, otherwise it is an “open” and one must qualify via the US Open qualifiers. That said, on rare occasion they do give a “special exemption”, though some choose not to accept the invite to honor the unique “open” nature of the tournament. I believe Mickelson was offered a special exemption this year prior to winning the PGA.

https://www.usopen.com/qualifying/exemptions.html

JohnW

Greenhorn
Aug 10, 2020
Plano
Just saw where he didn’t qualify for the US Open. Man he’s fallen off the radar.
Rickie has fallen off the big event radar but still has his tour card. Hunter Mahan is one who has fallen off the radar and is using his career top 50 money exemption trying to earn his card but is no where close to making it back. Rickie has been working on a new swing and using glasses due to some eye sight issues, meanwhile his putting fell off as he worked on his swing change rather than practice putting. Rickie greatly improved this year but not fully back but is close to putting all game aspects back in sync for 4 rounds. I have full confidence Rickie will be back but will take some time due to his game and results fall off last year especially

Jul 9, 2004
any coincidence that his golf game started struggling when he got engaged and married?

by the way, this is tongue in cheek.