Reporter Arrested on orders of Giuliani Press Secretary

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSU Sig

Federal Marshal
Jan 28, 2005
Edmond
Sig, I doubt you have all of the facts on everything you have an opinion on.

What facts are you wanting? What do you consider fact? Do you consider a CNN reporter calling and interviewing the people that were there and quoting them on it in an actual CNN article as fact? Do you require a voice recording of the officer threatening to charge espionage for it to be fact?

No one knows all of the facts except the people involved. The article was written by some of the people involved. You either believe them or you don't.

Okay Einstein,
I'm not taking a position here for or against this guy. I wasn't there and have no details. This is not an opinion piece. This was an event that happened. I don't have any facts on it and was simply asking the question, hoping we could slow the brawl down until the facts presented themselves.

1. What facts do I want? All of them that pertain to the event.

2. What do I consider a fact? :eek: Are you kidding?

3. Do you consider a CNN reporter calling and interviewing the people that were there and quoting them on it in an actual CNN article as fact? Yes I do.

4. Do you require a voice recording of the officer threatening to charge espionage for it to be fact? A voice recording would certainly make it factual.

OSU Sig

Federal Marshal
Jan 28, 2005
Edmond
This goes to show that even people with some sense say dumb things, anybody else want to compare our gov't to the nazi's
I don't normally agree with Pokefan about much anything but I didn't read his comment that way. I failed to see the comparison between governments but rather I saw the comparison was between the citizens of the countries.

kaje

Let's Go Heat!
Nov 19, 2005
Stillwater, OK
www.maczealot.net
3. Do you consider a CNN reporter calling and interviewing the people that were there and quoting them on it in an actual CNN article as fact? Yes I do.
So if the people involved post it on their own blog or "news site" you are leery on believing it, but if they're interviewed by another reporter and they claim the same thing, you consider it as fact. Gotcha.

4. Do you require a voice recording of the officer threatening to charge espionage for it to be fact? A voice recording would certainly make it factual.
Would you not question the authenticity? How do you know it wasn't created by some co-conspirator acting as a police officer?

OSU Sig

Federal Marshal
Jan 28, 2005
Edmond
So if the people involved post it on their own blog or "news site" you are leery on believing it, but if they're interviewed by another reporter and they claim the same thing, you consider it as fact. Gotcha.

Would you not question the authenticity? How do you know it wasn't created by some co-conspirator acting as a police officer?
Okay you argumentative little maggot, did you ever stop to think there might be some details that did not come out in the initial news story?

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
I have an open mind, I just don't see America as negative as most of you seem to think it is. To even compare the U.S. with the nazi's is just assinine, and it seems alot of you think you know stuff when you really are just making assumptions. I have my opinion and you have yours and just b/c I don't think that America is just a big prison doesn't mean I'm small-minded or anything.
I think people here would fight to keep the freedoms we have and take the risks that involves that freedom over the risk of what could happen as those freedoms errode away. The next step that some are worried about is once a party is in control they declare anyone that votes against them as an enemy combantant and whisk them away to an offshore military base to dissapear.

Germany had their death camps, Russia had the slave camps of Siberia, and we don't know what our future plans are for that little bay in Cuba.

Your opinion may differ from several on this board, but we have had many troops die in the past to allow us the right to voice different opinions.

Pokefan

Territorial Marshal
Aug 3, 2004
Between Pryor and Adair on Beautiful Lake Hudson
This goes to show that even people with some sense say dumb things, anybody else want to compare our gov't to the nazi's
Sutton1 did you actually read what I wrote? Did you not see, or did you skip, ignore or not comprehend the part that said " I am NOT comparing this Administration with Nazi Germany"? That was very plain and simple to understand so I am not sure why you missed it.

But the attitude of the populace, being willing to stand by and watch as others are dragged off is what I am referring to. "It's not me, I don't break the law" How many of those Jews in Germany were law breakers.

Next time read the post.
IF its too hard to understand, ask for help

Apr 7, 2005
Sutton1 did you actually read what I wrote? Did you not see, or did you skip, ignore or not comprehend the part that said " I am NOT comparing this Administration with Nazi Germany"? That was very plain and simple to understand so I am not sure why you missed it.

But the attitude of the populace, being willing to stand by and watch as others are dragged off is what I am referring to. "It's not me, I don't break the law" How many of those Jews in Germany were law breakers.

Next time read the post.
IF its too hard to understand, ask for help
You did compare them at first than you didn't, so if you want somebody to understand you than don't talk out of both sides of your mouth. That's also what I said earlier slugger, that many soldiers have died for your right to have an opinion even though my opinion is that your opinion is wacko:eek:

Also, I find it funny that so many of you take yourselves so seriously on a message board, oh wait nevermind you guys are awesome:x

kaje

Let's Go Heat!
Nov 19, 2005
Stillwater, OK
www.maczealot.net
haha yeah, you guys. Why do you take losing your freedoms seriously? And why do you discuss them on a website created specifically for discussing things? You all are stupid.

*gives sutton1 a high five*

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
You did compare them at first than you didn't, so if you want somebody to understand you than don't talk out of both sides of your mouth. That's also what I said earlier slugger, that many soldiers have died for your right to have an opinion even though my opinion is that your opinion is wacko:eek:

Also, I find it funny that so many of you take yourselves so seriously on a message board, oh wait nevermind you guys are awesome:x
I never take myself seriously on here. SOmetimes I will argue a position opposite of my true beliefs just to see what I can learn on an issue. It also provides for some entertainment too. Ask Becky.:D

Feb 7, 2007
Sutton1, do you understand that in our country we are guaranteed due process in a court of law?

Do you understand that a new precedent has been set that now states we are no longer guaranteed that due process? The government has absolute power. If they say someone gets jailed for life and never heard from again, there is nothing that can stop them.

Ask yourself why they would ever enact such a law? Why would they not entitle someone to due process?

Quit taking people raising valid questions as being "America Haters". We are not making this up because we are bored.

Whether you agree with it in principal, it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Therefore it is ILLEGAL. Our government was established to service the people, not own them.

Pokefan

Territorial Marshal
Aug 3, 2004
Between Pryor and Adair on Beautiful Lake Hudson

So let's see did you answer how many people were lawbreakers in Germany? Whacko opinion. but then it was whacko for all those folks in Germany to stand by and watch it happen. Whacko for the rest of the world to ignore it.
But of course you could be one of those folks who deny it ever happened. But then THAT would be Whacko.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sutton1

View Post

Better not drive a car, fly in a plane, walk down the street b/c something could happen. I don't break the law so I am not worried about being taken anywhere.

Thats what everyone else said in Nazi Germany when the took the Jews gypsy's Catholics etc... It won't happen to me....

Not saying This administration is Nazi Germany. Just pointing out that self same attitude got about 6 million people killed.
Ok Sutton1 Now where in this First part do I do any comparing of this Administration to Nazi Germany? Please do enlighten me. You said I was talking out both sides of my mouth. Obviously NOT. But I may be if you put words in my mouth.

As I said if its too difficult to read, then ask mommy for some help.

kaje

Let's Go Heat!
Nov 19, 2005
Stillwater, OK
www.maczealot.net
Criminal Indictments Sought Against Police, Giuliani Staffers Who Had Reporter Arrested For Asking Question

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Matt Lepacek, the reporter who was kicked out of the CNN press room and arrested after asking Rudy Giuliani's staff a question, has now been released on bail. Criminal indictments are now being pursued against the police involved as well as Giuliani's staffers for their flagrant abuse of the First Amendment, assault and wrongful arrest.

Lepacek appeared as a guest on the Alex Jones Show to relate his experience after the Republican presidential debate last night.

In addition to the details that were already outlined in our previous article, fellow We Are Change member Luke Rudkowski also related how he was just silently filming the fracas when Giuliani staffers, and in particular one unidentified female, started hitting and attempting to steal his camera, before Lepacek and Rudkowski were pointed out by the staffers and five to seven police arrived to grab them and throw them out of the building.

The female staffer was witnessed to be instrumental in alerting the police to the "crime" of Lepacek asking a question that the Giuliani camp weren't comfortable with.

Rudkowski was assaulted and questioned on who he was working for despite the fact that he hadn't even asked a question and was standing separately from Lepacek.

Lepacek was told that other eyewitnesses saw police stamp on one of the cameras as it lay on the floor.

Another eyewitness said that the entire arrest was clearly being directed by Secret Service, who were ordering the police to threaten anyone who asked questions about the incident with arrest.

Lepacek was later released on $400 bail but faces charges of criminal trespassing even though he had obtained a CNN press pass well in advance and the debate was a public event. State police have refused to hand back electronic equipment that they seized from the group.

CNN staff attempted to dissuade police from arresting Lepacek as he was led out into the parking lot but were ignored.

Presidential candidate Ron Paul was informed about what had occurred and stated words to the effect that while we are supposed to be spreading freedom and democracy abroad, we couldn't even handle it in New Hampshire.

We are now being inundated by media requests and expect this controversy to receive attention on the major news networks and newspapers over the coming days.

The fact that the Giuliani camp views it as legitimate to have members of the media intimidated, assaulted and arrested for asking a question should be a wake up call for the kind of America Giuliani would oversee as a future President and this incident should contribute to derailing his entire campaign.

The actions of the New Hampshire State Police were completely unconstitutional and we are now pursuing criminal indictments against the police involved as well as the Giuliani staffers that assaulted the group and their property, and demanding that any charges against Matt Lepacek be dropped immediately.

This represents a flagrant abuse of the First Amendment, clear wrongful arrest and an act of official oppression.

More on this story as it develops.......

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/june2007/060607criminalindictments.htm

Feb 7, 2007
Geez Rudy, guilty conscience or something? But that's great that they will hopefully be prosecuted. You can't just walk around throwing people in jail because they ask you a question.

And I hope that the media actually does pick up this story and run with it. Rudy has had some major gaffes since the campaign has began. Ironically they have centered around 9/11. First being exposed to the fact that he hadn't read the 9/11 Commission Report, and now ordering his goons to arrest someone for asking questions about 9/11.

Why does that bother you so much Rudy?

OSU Sig

Federal Marshal
Jan 28, 2005
Edmond
I think people here would fight to keep the freedoms we have and take the risks that involves that freedom over the risk of what could happen as those freedoms errode away.
I know I will fight to keep all liberties and freedoms.

I The next step that some are worried about is once a party is in control they declare anyone that votes against them as an enemy combantant and whisk them away to an offshore military base to dissapear.
I'm sorry, but I find this a little over the top.

Germany had their death camps, Russia had the slave camps of Siberia, and we don't know what our future plans are for that little bay in Cuba.
Although the statement is technically factual, the mere mention of Gitmo with those other camps could lead one to think you are making an association between a government by the people, for the people with a fascist and communist government.

Your opinion may differ from several on this board, but we have had many troops die in the past to allow us the right to voice different opinions.
No arguments here.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
This is an interesting story and seems like it could have been a little political suicide if Rudy has to fall on the sword or career suicide for the staffer with the itchy trigger finger......

What is CNN saying about this? I would think they would be leading the story as it was their evernt. I am still a little skeptical after visiting Prison Planet.

Apr 7, 2005
ok you guys win, we are all screwed, I am now worried about being sent to a hidden prison forever, never to be heard from again

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
ok you guys win, we are all screwed, I am now worried about being sent to a hidden prison forever, never to be heard from again
No, not yet. But you will know when we have changed Washington for the positive when they change the name of all of the "hearing" rooms to "LISTENING" rooms. :D