Remember When We Were Headed To The PAC12?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Good lord I'm glad that didn't happen, although I thought it was a good idea at the time.

Interesting read on where they're spending their $$$, given they distribute $7 million less per school than the Big 12.

Notable items: PAC12 spends over 7% of their budget on employee salaries, NO other Power 5 conference is above 2.3%. They're paying their league execs & employees 3 X the other Power 5 conferences. Unreal.

Their PAC12 network, & other IT expenses were around $10 million. The Big12 & B1G were next in spending in this category & spent less than $420k.

Lastly, the PAC12 distributed 74.5% of revenues to the schools. ACC & Big 12 92% back to the schools, SEC 89%.

https://sports.yahoo.com/pac-12-revenues-spending-distributions-140015913.html

Aug 16, 2012
Would have been fun for a while as we could have regularly played some interesting teams and others that we rarely, if ever play, but once the honeymoon wore off, the travel hassles set in and people in the core B12 territory became fed up with watching 3/4ths of league games past midnight.......so glad it did not happen.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Would have been fun for a while as we could have regularly played some interesting teams and others that we rarely, if ever play, but once the honeymoon wore off, the travel hassles set in and people in the core B12 territory became fed up with watching 3/4ths of league games past midnight.......so glad it did not happen.
One of the growing sentiments here at CU is that they made a mistake by going to the PAC12. They've been in the league now for almost a decade & there's a real feel that they don't really have any rivalries or sense of history with any of the schools.

Nothing will change, I'm sure, but you do hear more & more grumbling about it than just a couple of years ago.