RB Deondrick Glass enters transfer portal

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
From what I have heard, the kid let his body go and he thought he would play based on his high school career. Well son, if you don't put the work in you won't see the field. I doubt he ends up on another D-1 team is his work ethic isn't good. I am starting to wonder though about our RB's coach. Losing Arroyo really hurt!

gundysburner

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
From what I have heard, the kid let his body go and he thought he would play based on his high school career. Well son, if you don't put the work in you won't see the field. I doubt he ends up on another D-1 team is his work ethic isn't good. I am starting to wonder though about our RB's coach. Losing Arroyo really hurt!
Interesting!

Aug 16, 2012
Can you clarify how not having Arroyo has anything to do with this? Glass was a **** and Arroyo was long gone during his recruitment. I am not worried about RB at all right now. Especially when the guy we have has clearly improved Brown's game and two lower-ranked transfers are seeing PT over Glass.

Aug 19, 2006
Not a big surprise. Seems like he's been low man on the totem pole since he came in. The talent was obviously there based on his high school accomplishments. Had to be an issue with his work ethic or attitude that was holding him back.

We haven't had a lot of luck with 4 and 5 star RB's. As I recall, Chuba was a 3.5 star between the different services. Justice aws a 3 star. Randle was a 3 star. We just need to keep finding those hidden gems and turn them into 6 stars as Holder would say.

gundysburner

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Not a big surprise. Seems like he's been low man on the totem pole since he came in. The talent was obviously there based on his high school accomplishments. Had to be an issue with his work ethic or attitude that was holding him back.

We haven't had a lot of luck with 4 and 5 star RB's. As I recall, Chuba was a 3.5 star between the different services. Justice aws a 3 star. Randle was a 3 star. We just need to keep finding those hidden gems and turn them into 6 stars as Holder would say.
True. Herschel Sims is on that list also.

Jun 14, 2011
Can you clarify how not having Arroyo has anything to do with this? Glass was a **** and Arroyo was long gone during his recruitment. I am not worried about RB at all right now. Especially when the guy we have has clearly improved Brown's game and two lower-ranked transfers are seeing PT over Glass.
If I had to guess, he means our RB recruiting hasn't been great since Arroyo left (which I would totally agree with). Yes, Woz has coached up Hubbard and to a lesser extent, Hill, but it could be argued that those guys would have been great with any reasonable coaching. It didn't take much for Brown's game to improve. He had nowhere to go but up. Yet to see how his recruits develop.

gundysburner

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
If I had to guess, he means our RB recruiting hasn't been great since Arroyo left (which I would totally agree with). Yes, Woz has coached up Hubbard and to a lesser extent, Hill, but it could be argued that those guys would have been great with any reasonable coaching. It didn't take much for Brown's game to improve. He had nowhere to go but up. Yet to see how his recruits develop.
PerryPoke's usually pretty plugged in, & does a sports show on the radio, so I tend to agree with him here, despite him being completely wrong about Dru Brown. Everyone gets a mulligan.

Aug 19, 2006
Keenan Brown did pretty well after stepping down a level at Texas State. Thabo Mwaniki is getting some PT at UH but doesn't seem to be setting the world on fire. Given our depth at safety, it was probably a good move for him though. Not sure he'd be seeing the field at all here.

None others come to mind.

gundysburner

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Keenan Brown did pretty well after stepping down a level at Texas State. Thabo Mwaniki is getting some PT at UH but doesn't seem to be setting the world on fire. Given our depth at safety, it was probably a good move for him though. Not sure he'd be seeing the field at all here.

None others come to mind.
Wes Lunt, er, nevermind.

Oct 30, 2007
Have any of the OSU football players who entered the transfer portal actually gone to a better team and actually played well?
Arlington Hambright played well at Colorado and got drafted by the Bears. Darrion Daniels played well at Nebraska and signed with the 49ers. JD King has played well at Georgia Southern. He has more rushing yards this year than Chuba Hubbard. (He's played 1 more game though.)

A few of our transfers have played well and had success. Most have faded into anonymity.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa

I've always followed rivals, not sure why, I guess I started with them. This is their list of OSU 4*s

Rivals 4* Running backs since 2002

Dantrell Savage - Absolute Savage
Kye Staley - Injury. Huge testament that he came back to the field
Beau Johnson - I thought he did okay, just buried behind 2 studs (Toston & Hunter)
Jeremy Smith - He did well for us, I thought he was solid back.
Dexter Pratt - cant even remember what happened there
Joe Randle - beast for us.. too bad he had all his issues
Hershel Sims- sad.
Chubba Hubbard - generational osu guy. hoping he gets his groove back this week.
D. Glass - meh

You're right though we do have a knack for finding undervalued guys and making them world beaters.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
then you clearly aren't watching recruiting lately.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
Yes you nailed it on the head. Thank you!

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Yes you nailed it on the head. Thank you!
I disagree, he took a kid that had not even played the same football (Canadian vs US) and turned him into a Heisman contender. Plus what he has done with both LD and is now doing with Richardson speaks volumes. I don't give a flip if the guy recruits one stars or five stars if he can get the RB production that we need and that he has been getting.

Aug 16, 2012
then you clearly aren't watching recruiting lately.
Arroyo pulled in one 4-star RB in his two years here.
Wozniak pulled in one 4-star RB in his three years here.

What happened once they got here are completely different stories, but in regard to recruiting studs, there is not a whole lot of difference at this point.

Sky is not falling.