Ramadan, Passover and Easter Convergence. Temple Mount is Tense right now

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Meanwhile, Evidentially the big news here in America is the controversy over a group of Christian missionaries returning from serving the people of Ukraine, singing a praise and worship song on an airplane…on of all days…Easter bunny day…oh my stars…what will we ever do!!?!!?!

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Meanwhile, Evidentially the big news here in America is the controversy over a group of Christian missionaries returning from serving the people of Ukraine, singing a praise and worship song on an airplane…on of all days…Easter bunny day…oh my stars…what will we ever do!!?!!?!
We both know that you would be uspet if their was a hail satan song sung loudly by a large group of people on the plane instead.

Believe it or not, forced proselytizing tends to make people upset and resentful.

Mar 11, 2006
We both know that you would be uspet if their was a hail satan song sung loudly by a large group of people on the plane instead.

Believe it or not, forced proselytizing tends to make people upset and resentful.
I guess there is nothing that can be common ground?

I would hope all Americans can understand that Ilan Omar's post was, at best, in poor taste. Sure she can be annoyed that some people were singing a joyous song on a plane ...but a US Congressperson to be so concerned/upset to take the time to post a video and comment about it on Easter --- that is ridicule worthy.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I guess there is nothing that can be common ground?

I would hope all Americans can understand that Ilan Omar's post was, at best, in poor taste. Sure she can be annoyed that some people were singing a joyous song on a plane ...but a US Congressperson to be so concerned/upset to take the time to post a video and comment about it on Easter --- that is ridicule worthy.
I'd be upset with any large group of people singing on a flight if I'm just trying to get to my destination. I'm not gonna start a tweet storm over it though and if you're the kind of person who would, well you sound like a miserable person to be around... (All general "you"s of course.)

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of this type of thing, but it is a free country so far...kind of. If I'm traveling to a heavily Muslim country I would more than expect this on their planes. I think it's interesting and fine for people living in different cultures to express themselves. In fact I really want to travel to Morocco during Ramadan some day soon. Btw, I love that we in America can express ourselves when joy overcomes us. It's not as if they would have done this on any other holiday other than Easter while coming home from a Ukrainian mission which I'm sure was very moving...This was not specifically banned nor endorsed by the airline and it seems like they just did one song and didn't force anyone to sign or anything like that...unlike just a few examples from several middle eastern airlines, one of them Emeritus which is widely considered one of the best airlines in the world YET they allow not only spontaneous song, but company and nationally mandated indoctrination pre flight. Point being, I'm glad we have freedom in America, but I also respect other cultures...those in America we should know that the predominate culture here is indeed mostly a Christian one....We can either hate our culture or love it, but to suppress it is something I wouldn't ask them to do, nor expect of us. As far as Satan song sung I've heard highway to hell on a plane a number of times when someone had their headphones up to loud...lol.

https://youtu.be/j_TVsxFChrk

https://youtu.be/eH5ujpBEA70

https://youtu.be/KgRKaHOkR-A?t=23

Last edited: