QB Situation

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I hope Young Sanders is as good as advertised as well, I also hope he red-shirts and that Cornelius is better than anyone here knows. I think he's going to be a big positive surprise...

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
I hope Young Sanders is as good as advertised as well, I also hope he red-shirts and that Cornelius is better than anyone here knows. I think he's going to be a big positive surprise...
Cornelius will be a good QB. He reminds me of chelf but with a bigger build. I see us winning 8-9 games.

Jun 23, 2005
How the players develop and perform, and how the coaches handle the QB situation will be interesting to watch. IMO the transitions after Robinson and Weedon were bumpy to say the least. Best case scenario would seem to be that either Cornelius or Brown establish themselves as the starter with the other guy becoming the backup. If he earns it, get Wudtee some looks and use the 4 game rule to get Sanders some serious game experience. Hopefully guys play well and we are in the hunt going down the stretch. But if the team struggles you could definitely see Sanders starting the last two games and the bowl game, and still come in as a redshirt freshman next year.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The new redshirt rule really provides some nice options if one of the older guys isn't working out. This seems like a major plus moving forward...of course it's universal to all teams.

JimmytheGreek

Banned
Banned
Sep 20, 2017
Texas
Cornelius will be a good QB. He reminds me of chelf but with a bigger build. I see us winning 8-9 games.
We had a “good” QB last year with great WRs and a favorable schedule to boot. Including a bowl game, we will be lucky to win 8. 9 is a stretch even with the weak conference. The Boise game will be a momentum builder or season killer depending on the outcome. The final stretch will be tough. I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost 4(or more) of the last 6. I wouldn’t be surprised if we won 4 of the last 6 either. No way this team is ready for 9 wins. Hopefully this comes back to bite me but I’m fairly confident in 8 wins as the ceiling due to numerous factors.

The last 6 games are toss ups except for the one we will definitely lose. Even ISU and TT could be trouble for us this year....luckily we have them at home. I think we will lose to TCU, OU, and drop 2 of the toss ups...prob WV and either KSU or UT....prob UT even though we are at home. That will be a decent year to build on for the next, however. 6 or 7 max then maybe a bowl if we go to a weaker one.

Jul 9, 2011
Near Bryan/College Station in Iola, TX
Looking at this schedule:

Missouri St H W
S Alabama H W
Boise St H W
TT H W
KU A W
ISU H W
K St A ?
TX H ?
BU A W
OU A L
WVU H w
TCU A ?

I can see 6 very likely wins at home and 2 on the road. Probably lose in Snorman, say a tossup on the remaining 3, two away and one home - so let's say we split those last 4. Eight wins very likely, probable win 9 or 10 not counting the bowl game. What kind of bowl we go to depends on how we do in the 4 tossup or worse games against the best competition we face.

Defense has some games to get the new system under their belt and, if no significant injuries, is pretty nasty by the end of the year.

Last edited:

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
We had a “good” QB last year with great WRs and a favorable schedule to boot. Including a bowl game, we will be lucky to win 8. 9 is a stretch even with the weak conference. The Boise game will be a momentum builder or season killer depending on the outcome. The final stretch will be tough. I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost 4(or more) of the last 6. I wouldn’t be surprised if we won 4 of the last 6 either. No way this team is ready for 9 wins. Hopefully this comes back to bite me but I’m fairly confident in 8 wins as the ceiling due to numerous factors.

The last 6 games are toss ups except for the one we will definitely lose. Even ISU and TT could be trouble for us this year....luckily we have them at home. I think we will lose to TCU, OU, and drop 2 of the toss ups...prob WV and either KSU or UT....prob UT even though we are at home. That will be a decent year to build on for the next, however. 6 or 7 max then maybe a bowl if we go to a weaker one.
How about Hideaway if we win 9 (including the bowl)? I'd say it's a fairly safe bet we win 9 if you include it.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
No way this team is ready for 9 wins. Hopefully this comes back to bite me but I’m fairly confident in 8 wins as the ceiling due to numerous factors.
Don't worry, even if we exceed your expectations you will just fall back on the "conference is weak" response.

BTW our "weak conference" went a respectable 5 - 3 in the bowl games last year, with OU losing one in OT.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

So Jimmy says if Gundy wins more than 6 he’s coach of the year. Mark it down. I love the new positive attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
A/V Subscriber
Sep 24, 2007
Or maybe they are smart enough to realize there is a big difference from being from Hawaii and playing in Hawaii....which obv made your post seem irrelevant and just plain dumb and rightfully so as well as the Bama poster. We all in here know English is English. But at least the Bama poster has a point that maybe Samoan could be helpfull....but Dru isn’t Samoan ergo.....
I don’t know about English or Samoan, but this is all Greek to me.

So I left at halftime.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
So Jimmy says if Gundy wins more than 6 he’s coach of the year. Mark it down. I love the new positive attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you going to be excited going to the Papier Mache Bowl ?

Status
Not open for further replies.