Protest in Iran growing

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Coming soon to a Christian nation near you!!

What's the difference between Iran and the US? In the US, the religious right hasn't completely taken over the state... yet.

https://www.politico.com/news/magaz...the-united-states-a-christian-nation-00057736

1663951951257.png

Can't wait for all the "but it's different because..." responses. The logical contortions you have to make to be ok with this image but against Iran are circus-worthy.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

What's the difference between Iran and the US? In the US, the religious right hasn't completely taken over the state... yet.

https://www.politico.com/news/magaz...the-united-states-a-christian-nation-00057736

View attachment 97311

Can't wait for all the "but it's different because..." responses. The logical contortions you have to make to be ok with this image but against Iran are circus-worthy.
Wait until we get to the Point where they decide that Mormons, Jehovah Witness, Christian Science etc aren't "Real Christians" Its gonna get CRAZY at that Point.

gonna have Baptist and Catholics fighting it out who is the "Real" Christians. it is going to be a complete and utter Sh** Show.

The current GOP is destroying organized Religion in the US in favor of a state sponsored religion

Oct 7, 2008

View attachment 97311

Iran certainly didn't turn from a flourishing, educated, free country to what it is today overnight. The only thing the religious extremists here want is control. That control wouldn't stop at abortion, or gay marriage. And it would take decades for us to turn into an Iran. But if the religious right was willing to support Donald Trump in the name of power and control, it should be pretty obvious there isn't anyone they wouldn't support.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Iran certainly didn't turn from a flourishing, educated, free country to what it is today overnight. The only thing the religious extremists here want is control. That control wouldn't stop at abortion, or gay marriage. And it would take decades for us to turn into an Iran. But if the religious right was willing to support Donald Trump in the name of power and control, it should be pretty obvious there isn't anyone they wouldn't support.
Last line is spot-on. All it takes for the religious right to follow is someone saying "I'm a Christian". The words and deeds that follow are irrelevant (as evidenced).

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked

View attachment 97311

lol

You failed to mention what happens if unhinged liberals take over, because they're just the opposite side of the coin. The openly support violence against opposing views, they support censorship, they support canceling people, etc....

The problem isn't Christianity, religion, left, right, blue, red, etc....the problems are cognitive dissonance, extremism, dehumanization, and the willingness to accept violence as a rational means to achieve an end. Both extremes are doing that right now, and it's scary in and of itself.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
lol

You failed to mention what happens if unhinged liberals take over, because they're just the opposite side of the coin. The openly support violence against opposing views, they support censorship, they support canceling people, etc....

The problem isn't Christianity, religion, left, right, blue, red, etc....the problems are cognitive dissonance, extremism, dehumanization, and the willingness to accept violence as a rational means to achieve an end. Both extremes are doing that right now, and it's scary in and of itself.
so are you claiming that Liberals are claiming they will remove all religion in the country if they take over?

Because These GOP folks are claiming they will remove all religion except Christianity and it will become the ONLY authorized religion in the country if they do.

Your accusing of one side of wanting to go extreme with no evidence....and Protecting the side who is flat out SAYING IT OUT LOUD that they WILL do the extreme if they get power.

BIG DIFFERENCE

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
so are you claiming that Liberals are claiming they will remove all religion in the country if they take over?

Because These GOP folks are claiming they will remove all religion except Christianity and it will become the ONLY authorized religion in the country if they do.

Your accusing of one side of wanting to go extreme with no evidence....and Protecting the side who is flat out SAYING IT OUT LOUD that they WILL do the extreme if they get power.

BIG DIFFERENCE
I'm saying that extremism is dangerous, regardless of what "side" it comes from.

Are you saying both sides aren't doing it right now, and that only the "GOP folks" are dangerous? If so, I challenge you to do some more twitter research to broaden your perspective.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I'm saying that extremism is dangerous, regardless of what "side" it comes from.

Are you saying both sides aren't doing it right now, and that only the "GOP folks" are dangerous? If so, I challenge you to do some more twitter research to broaden your perspective.
Freedom of Religion is a Protected Constitutional Right....I don't see anyone but some crazy GOP ELECTED officials...calling for that to be removed from Americans

Just like some left calling for the 2A to be abolished. THEY ARE BOTH CONSTITUTIONALLY PROTECTED RIGHTS AND ANYONE CALLING FOR THEIR REMOVAL SHOULD BE MOCKED AND SHUNNED EVERY TIME

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Freedom of Religion is a Protected Constitutional Right....I don't see anyone but some crazy GOP ELECTED officials...calling for that to be removed from Americans
Freedom of speech is also a protected constitutional right, and I see extreme left wing officials calling for that to be violated all the time.

Does that equally concern you?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Freedom of speech is also a protected constitutional right, and I see extreme left wing officials calling for that to be violated all the time.

Does that equally concern you?
there is NO freedom of Speech issues in this country...at all. Trump started an entire company based on the idea of Free Speech and it out there up and running and doing its thing right now.

If there was a lack of Freedom of Speech...Truth social wouldn't be real.

Nov 6, 2010

You would have a point if there was a viable communist party in the US, but there isn't. Even the most left of any remotely mainstream dems like Bernie or AOC focus primarily on the fiscal extremes, at least as far as I know.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
there is NO freedom of Speech issues in this country...at all. Trump started an entire company based on the idea of Free Speech and it out there up and running and doing its thing right now.

If there was a lack of Freedom of Speech...Truth social wouldn't be real.
If there was a lack of freedom of religion outside of Christianity, then Islam or Judaism wouldn't be allowed.

Your concern is super overblown on this.

There is zero danger of GOP idiots removing freedom of religion....at all.