Property around campus

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 27, 2018
okc
Reading the O'colly today, I found two things about properties surrounding the campus that I didn't really care to hear.

The Catholic church on Knoblock will demolish and rebuild at it's present site and the mayor would like the empty lot North of Eskimo Joe's to be the site of any possible Target store in the future.

What that tells me is that OSU is missing an opportunity to acquire both properties. In the past, I had heard that OSU wanted to pay the Catholic church money to move off campus but didn't come up with enough to please the church. The other news tells me that OSU hasn't bought that empty lot north of Joe's.

With the campus in need ot parking and in particular perimeter surface parking, it looks like they are missing a big opportunity to improve a much needed parking situation. We could sure use the parking close to the stadium and arena for game day parking.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Reading the O'colly today, I found two things about properties surrounding the campus that I didn't really care to hear.

The Catholic church on Knoblock will demolish and rebuild at it's present site and the mayor would like the empty lot North of Eskimo Joe's to be the site of any possible Target store in the future.

What that tells me is that OSU is missing an opportunity to acquire both properties. In the past, I had heard that OSU wanted to pay the Catholic church money to move off campus but didn't come up with enough to please the church. The other news tells me that OSU hasn't bought that empty lot north of Joe's.

With the campus in need ot parking and in particular perimeter surface parking, it looks like they are missing a big opportunity to improve a much needed parking situation. We could sure use the parking close to the stadium and arena for game day parking.
Is this the same mayor that tried to one up the Norman mayor in pandemic fascism?

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005

I mean a target that close to campus would probably make a killing.

Jun 27, 2018
okc
That was just wishful thinking on the part of the mayor. Target to this point hasn't seriously considered Stillwater. A target will work well anywhere in Stillwater. OSU needs to jump on this parking space.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I mean a target that close to campus would probably make a killing.
I can't see where that lot is big enough for a target. I can't see one north of the y either and that's a bigger lot.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jul 23, 2018
USA
I can't see where that lot is big enough for a target. I can't see one north of the y either and that's a bigger lot.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
You're absolutely right. I think they were pushing the idea of a teeny tiny baby Target. Full-size Walmarts and Targets need 20+ acres, and there's nothing like that available near campus.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
They need to start cleaning them up. They are starting to look like k-marts
Don't know where you live, but here Target is still a nice store. I wrote a letter to HQ's several yrs ago citing that Target's use of end caps, which encroached on checkout line space, made them resemble Kmart. They sent me a $50 gift card and the end caps disappeared. Rare good response from suits.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Don't know where you live, but here Target is still a nice store. I wrote a letter to HQ's several yrs ago citing that Target's use of end caps, which encroached on checkout line space, made them resemble Kmart. They sent me a $50 gift card and the end caps disappeared. Rare good response from suits.
Power to the people.

Although you have to admit that is a bit of a first world problem.

Last edited:

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I get turned off by shitty floor tiles and empty shelves

Nov 18, 2010
[QUOTE="eddie4osu75, post: 4223961, member: 18472" I had heard that OSU wanted to pay the Catholic church money to move off campus but didn't come up with enough to please the church..[/QUOTE]

Yes, the seller dictates the price at which they will sell their property. You sound like you'd rather real estate worked another way.

That said, OSU has used Eminent Domain to force people to sell their personal homes at a price picked by OSU. So...it's happened before. But the Catholic Church isn't going to be bullied like regular townsfolk....even if OSU would like to remove Christianity from campus.

If they can't fit a target on Duck, maybe than can fit another 10-12 weed stores on those vacant lots. I think the current zoning ordinance in Stillwater requires at least one pot store on every block. Or they could build a Wiccan or Atheist Temple . That would better reflect the direction OSU is headed.

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
On today’s episode of “Ironically, This Guy Needs A Joint”:

Yes, the seller dictates the price at which they will sell their property. You sound like you'd rather real estate worked another way.

That said, OSU has used Eminent Domain to force people to sell their personal homes at a price picked by OSU. So...it's happened before. But the Catholic Church isn't going to be bullied like regular townsfolk....even if OSU would like to remove Christianity from campus.

If they can't fit a target on Duck, maybe than can fit another 10-12 weed stores on those vacant lots. I think the current zoning ordinance in Stillwater requires at least one pot store on every block. Or they could build a Wiccan or Atheist Temple . That would better reflect the direction OSU is headed.