Program Identity?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Because those sports you cite are still pretty amateur, where football has been semi-pro for a long long time.
So what? Call it semi-pro, B-league, minors, or whatever, it doesn't change the fact we can still choose to pursue a higher level of success than what we've achieved and STILL maintain our "integrity and pride", terms previously used. And as I mentioned before, that will basically take two things: money and the willingness to make aggressive personnel changes/demands. Either the fans and administration are collectively for that or they're not, that's it.
Money and aggressive personnel changes don't always work out. Texas alone is a perfect case study, as are many others. There must be other factors than just those two. As for what they are, I don't know. I just know I've seen several programs try with what appears to be those two factors, and they've failed. Many have failed several times.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Money and aggressive personnel changes don't always work out. Texas alone is a perfect case study, as are many others. There must be other factors than just those two. As for what they are, I don't know. I just know I've seen several programs try with what appears to be those two factors, and they've failed. Many have failed several times.

Texas Football is always like a hot new steakhouse with the freshest, most exotic, organic ingredients with Gordon Ramsey, Bobby Flay, Wolfgang Puck all arguing in the kitchen about how to prepare the meal; Blew all their money on advertising yet didn't bother to hire any dishwashers, servers, busboys or pay the utilities.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
How are the Iowa State fans these days? Has Matt Campbell been fired yet?
Football Scores of Interest..

March 20, 2021 (about 6 months ago)
Missouri State 13
Northern Iowa 6

September 5, 2021
Iowa State 16
Northern Iowa 10

Oklahoma State 23
Missouri State 16
So Iowa State is about on par with Missouri State, and we're better than both. Got it.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So Iowa State is about on par with Missouri State, and we're better than both. Got it.

I think you missed the point
I wasn't even trying to be on point.
More just a jest really.
I know that comparisons like that don't truly represent things.
Other than the fact that many teams that were favored in week 1 struggled, I don't know that there's much that you can say. Too small a sample size.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow

Valid point; however, don't you also agree that after a certain amount of time trying the same approach literally becomes insanity? I call the horns misfortune just chasing a popular name without really thinking it through. OU failed with Donnie Duncan before eventually landing with Joe C. They failed with Schnellenberger and Blake before landing with Stoops. I'm definitely not (yet) in the fire Gundy camp, but what he's currently doing is only getting us so far. As a fan I don't demand or expect championships every year, but I'd like to at least think we're strongly in the hunt for them, just like we do with wrestling, golf, and baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.