Program Identity?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
I am of the opinion that Gundy has done a good job, but Gundy loves him some Gundy. In his presser he said "it's the same set of plays we have ran forever". That's arrogance and laziness with zero innovation. The opinion that the people spending their hard earned money and time to show up, give donations, and support a football team don't have any right to expect to be listened to really makes me wonder why I do those things.

If someone is saying that on a message board then the attitude in the offices is similar. I don't donate millions, but I donate alot. Now the question is do I give the double bird and put more in my Roth or do I keep showing up? The double bird and Roth is sounding better all the time. Thanks Rack, you may have cost OSU a booster cause I will not be a shorn lamb.
The maximum ROTH contribution isn’t very much - 7K. Not sure what a lot is to you but, you should already be maxing out that contribution if you have the ability to spend “a lot” for football tickets.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
How are the Iowa State fans these days? Has Matt Campbell been fired yet?
Heard this morning on ESPNU a funny analogy. Rick Neuhiesel said college football fans are drunk this time of year, especially after week 1. Happy drunk, sad drunk, angry drunk, horny drunk etc.

We've seen all of the above on this board. I don't know where ISU or ou would be right now.

I am sure all of us need to sober up though.:D

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I am of the opinion that Gundy has done a good job, but Gundy loves him some Gundy. In his presser he said "it's the same set of plays we have ran forever". That's arrogance and laziness with zero innovation. The opinion that the people spending their hard earned money and time to show up, give donations, and support a football team don't have any right to expect to be listened to really makes me wonder why I do those things.

If someone is saying that on a message board then the attitude in the offices is similar. I don't donate millions, but I donate alot. Now the question is do I give the double bird and put more in my Roth or do I keep showing up? The double bird and Roth is sounding better all the time. Thanks Rack, you may have cost OSU a booster cause I will not be a shorn lamb.
If you aren't giving a gift out of the kindness of your heart without expectations on that gift, is it really a "gift?" Bottom line, I don't think it will hurt the University either way if you give or not...especially if it's not "millions." You need to do what you are led to do in your heart, you don't need to listen to people on the internet message boards...but if you think you have one ounce of control over things and you don't give millions, then you are likely VERY mistaken and more of a pain in the ass than you are worth to the powers that be. It's up to you to decide.

IMHO, Enjoy your life, it's too short not too....if that means you need to separate you from things that make you angry like OSU football not being up to your lofty expectations, then I say do that. Maybe we would all be better off for it. With Covid we have all seen that life is to short to live like that.

Last edited:

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
For those slower on the uptake the warnings posted in other threads applies to the whole forum:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
How are the Iowa State fans these days? Has Matt Campbell been fired yet?
Football Scores of Interest..

March 20, 2021 (about 6 months ago)
Missouri State 13
Northern Iowa 6

September 5, 2021
Iowa State 16
Northern Iowa 10

Oklahoma State 23
Missouri State 16

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2008
Football Scores of Interest..

March 20, 2021 (about 6 months ago)
Missouri State 31
Northern Iowa 6

September 5, 2021
Iowa State 16
Northern Iowa 10

Oklahoma State 23
Missouri State 16
I was poking fun.. :)

P.S. Iowa State was ranked #7 in the polls.. picked to finish 2nd in the Big 12. OSU not so much..

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I was poking fun.. :)

P.S. Iowa State was ranked #7 in the polls.. picked to finish 2nd in the Big 12. OSU not so much..
I don't disagree...I just posted those scores so some on this site that don't know would...Should we have beaten MSU by more? Most certainly. Should we have been able to run the ball? Of course...but I don't think many of our fans knew that we weren't up against a "old days" "normal" FCS team...We were up against a post transfer portal, Bobby Petrino coached, highly motivated, FCS team with 15 D1 transfer portal players and a huge chip on their shoulder, one who played a real college football schedule in the spring. This is new territory and the scores around the country involving many FCS teams reflected that.

Sep 12, 2008
I don't disagree...I just posted those scores so some on this site that don't know would...Should we have beaten MSU by more? Most certainly. Should we have been able to run the ball? Of course...but I don't think many of our fans knew that we weren't up against a "old days" "normal" FCS team...We were up against a post transfer portal, Bobby Petrino coached, highly motivated, FCS team with 15 D1 transfer portal players and a huge chip on their shoulder, one who played a real college football schedule in the spring. This is new territory and the scores around the country involving many FCS teams reflected that.
Are any Iowa State fans screaming for Campbell's head after last weekend?

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
You mean the same Lincoln Riley who eked out a win vs. the mighty Tulane Green Wave? The one whose head is being called for on a platter by his "fans"? That Lincoln Riley?
Yes, I believe he is referring to the Lincoln Riley who has won the last four B12 Championships and is 46-8 as HC.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
My perception in short. A clean, consistent, program which often has 10 win seasons but can't beat OU and consequently doesn't win conference championships.

I am willing to ride with Gundy and enjoy 10 win seasons with the belief taking that next step is more likely than a step backward.

Status
Not open for further replies.