Pro life (no exceptions) Herschel Walker paid for girlfriends abortion in 2009

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Although it certainly wasn’t covered near the amount of Walker’s allegations, it was covered in the news. I think most assume people posting on these boards read the news and don’t rely on message boards threads for their news.

BTW, an ex-wife claiming she got run over by Warnock’s car and not paying for child care is not “normal crap of a divorce”.
It is a race in another state. No, I don't look up all of the details of past private lives of people running for offices in other states. That is ridiculous.

You don't think that people make unsubstantiated claims in a divorce? You been living under a rock?

You actually think an estranged wife's claim that someone ran over a foot that was found to have NO EVIDENCE is the same as what Walker has done? Ok, no wonder you can't see the real issues here.

Captura de Pantalla 2022-10-05 a la(s) 9.06.37 p.m..png

https://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt--politics/warnock-wife-involved-dispute/MCQYpvtswlZIIGdItrfcBJ/

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Divorces can get weird. I wouldn't wish it on anyone but they get weird. If you would have asked me 5 years ago if I thought my ex was trying to put a hit out on me in the months before we separated I would have said it's plausible. That sounds insane to type but that's where my mind was in the middle of it.

If there is legitimate evidence that he plotted to kill his ex wife it would have been a big deal 2 years ago. This isn't his first run for senate and as heated as it was in 2020 that would have been a way bigger splash. You can say liberal media buried it but Fox would have ran the story if they could prove it.

On the flip side you have a guy that is getting trashed by his own kids. If Warnock's kids come out tomorrow and say he is a POS I'd buy it. But for you guys hearing Walkers kids do the same thing and ignoring it while buying into ex wife allegations to justify your bias, yeah it doesn't matter. Party over country for the rank and file
Exactly.

I'm not a huge fan of Warnock's politics and if they could find a normal republican instead of a MAGA fool to run against him I would probably want him to lose. But, the foolish attempts to equate the completely different actions of these two men just show exactly what you said, party before country.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Exactly.

I'm not a huge fan of Warnock's politics and if they could find a normal republican instead of a MAGA fool to run against him I would probably want him to lose. But, the foolish attempts to equate the completely different actions of these two men just show exactly what you said, party before country.
It's the national party direction don't you know...NO Matter WHAT THE GOP REP HAS DONE ....voting for them is a must

https://twitter.com/lavern_spicer/status/1577651264539840513?t=U9x-Zi9XXLrESo5z_xPfZw&s=09

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Divorces can get weird. I wouldn't wish it on anyone but they get weird. If you would have asked me 5 years ago if I thought my ex was trying to put a hit out on me in the months before we separated I would have said it's plausible. That sounds insane to type but that's where my mind was in the middle of it.

If there is legitimate evidence that he plotted to kill his ex wife it would have been a big deal 2 years ago. This isn't his first run for senate and as heated as it was in 2020 that would have been a way bigger splash. You can say liberal media buried it but Fox would have ran the story if they could prove it.

On the flip side you have a guy that is getting trashed by his own kids. If Warnock's kids come out tomorrow and say he is a POS I'd buy it. But for you guys hearing Walkers kids do the same thing and ignoring it while buying into ex wife allegations to justify your bias, yeah it doesn't matter. Party over country for the rank and file
It was more than mentioned two years ago. It's pitiful when guys that have this crap in their background are facing off for a senate seat

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
It was more than mentioned two years ago. It's pitiful when guys that have this crap in their background are facing off for a senate seat
No it wasn't. If it had legs it would be an issue now. Heck if it was a thing you wouldn't have made some weird all politicians are bad statement when someone asked you for receipts.

You are reaching and your bias is showing. Abortion is bad except when your guy is ok with it because he wants to ban abortion. Just admit you don't care about character of the candidate on your side and move on

Nov 18, 2011
But for you guys hearing Walkers kids do the same thing and ignoring it while buying into ex wife allegations to justify your bias, yeah it doesn't matter. Party over country for the rank and file
Hmmm…accusations of hypocrisy vs accusations of law breaking. Shall we play the game of you might be a partisan if…?

btw, Warnocks kids are like 5 or 6 years old so don’t think we’ll be hearing from them. Warnocks accusations are very recent, within last 3-4 years.

cableok

Territorial Marshal
Mar 11, 2006
yeah, party over country. The Warnock allegation has been out for over a year —- yet not one mention on here. But sure let’s get up in arms over a recent allegation because he’s a member of the opposition party, right?

Maybe both guys are scum? Or only one ? Or neither? I don’t know which is why I am judging neither. But interesting that only a Walker allegation seems to concern some, but not the other.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I'm really trying to understand this. Do you think a wife claiming in the middle of a divorce that her husband ran over her foot which was investigated and dropped due to a lack of evidence is equivalent to Walker's multiple issues all corroborated by his family?

If so, that is simply scary to me. No wonder we are in the situation we are in when so much of the electorate simply has no ability to judge character anymore. I'll say it again, Warnock is too liberal for me. But, I cannot see how anyone could confabulate these things and act like they are the same.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
yeah, party over country. The Warnock allegation has been out for over a year —- yet not one mention on here. But sure let’s get up in arms over a recent allegation because he’s a member of the opposition party, right?

Maybe both guys are scum? Or only one ? Or neither? I don’t know which is why I am judging neither. But interesting that only a Walker allegation seems to concern some, but not the other.
The Warnock allegation had no evidence which is why it wasn't discussed. It is a huge nothingburger and you know it.

You can't tell if a person that is a millionaire who tried to skip out of child support on multiple women while campaigning against it is scum or not?

Please, just don't vote then. We need better judges of character than that electing our representatives.

But, let's be honest here. You are "judging neither" because the real, serious scum actions are on the guy you want to win. Your whataboutisms are coming up short so...... how about..... umm..... let's judge neither. :derp:

Party before country, yet again.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
No it wasn't. If it had legs it would be an issue now. Heck if it was a thing you wouldn't have made some weird all politicians are bad statement when someone asked you for receipts.

You are reaching and your bias is showing. Abortion is bad except when your guy is ok with it because he wants to ban abortion. Just admit you don't care about character of the candidate on your side and move on
I actually don't like Walker, the best day of Jimmy Johnson's career was when he traded him to Minnesota (too bad he didn't trade Jerry as well). Warnock is not much if any better, unless you are in to going Mixon on women. I am legitimately tired of the two parties treating us like mushrooms and the press piling on. So move along.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I'm really trying to understand this. Do you think a wife claiming in the middle of a divorce that her husband ran over her foot which was investigated and dropped due to a lack of evidence is equivalent to Walker's multiple issues all corroborated by his family?

If so, that is simply scary to me. No wonder we are in the situation we are in when so much of the electorate simply has no ability to judge character anymore. I'll say it again, Warnock is too liberal for me. But, I cannot see how anyone could confabulate these things and act like they are the same.
They are both not good guys, why has one got to be a villainous jackal while the other one gets angels wings? That's all I'm saying.

cableok

Territorial Marshal
Mar 11, 2006
That's the point. One guy is a POS who did something awful. The other side (i.e. you here btw) makes something up so they can say both sides are just as bad. And the rank and file drink it up.
So in your mind…an allegation of domestic abuse about one candidate is definitely true and that candidate is a POS, but one allegation of domestic abuse about the other candidate is somehow just made up by the “other side”?

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
So in your mind…an allegation of domestic abuse about one candidate is definitely true and that candidate is a POS, but one allegation of domestic abuse about the other candidate is somehow just made up by the “other side”?
After all thia stupid arguing, I went and looked this up. Before looking it up I thought Walker was the dumbest senate candidate I've ever seen and I'm reflexively suspicious of pastors who run for offices like these.

Not having seen a decent summary of evidence about claims made against Warnock, here's one of the more comprehensive ones I found. https://www.politifact.com/article/2022/sep/08/fact-checking-herschel-walker-attack-ad-about-raph/

The only thing that seems plausible that Warnock may have done is leaving his children unattended because evidence for and against that is under seal. However, it seems unlikely there was much evidence because he still appears to have guardianship and doesn't appear to have had that removed or suspended. Still, we don't know, so maybe. Equating Walker with Warnock definitely seems like false equivalence. One woman brought receipts (literally). Then there's the proof of multiple secret children. For the other, it was investigated and there was no indication that she was telling the truth (again, no evidence was found that he ran over her foot with a car) and that same woman who appeared to lie there is all we have for the accusation of leaving children unattended.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
What has happened to the ability to filter info? Repubs and Dems both jump at the worse possible characterization of someone.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
After all thia stupid arguing, I went and looked this up. Before looking it up I thought Walker was the dumbest senate candidate I've ever seen and I'm reflexively suspicious of pastors who run for offices like these.

Not having seen a decent summary of evidence about claims made against Warnock, here's one of the more comprehensive ones I found. https://www.politifact.com/article/2022/sep/08/fact-checking-herschel-walker-attack-ad-about-raph/

The only thing that seems plausible that Warnock may have done is leaving his children unattended because evidence for and against that is under seal. However, it seems unlikely there was much evidence because he still appears to have guardianship and doesn't appear to have had that removed or suspended. Still, we don't know, so maybe. Equating Walker with Warnock definitely seems like false equivalence. One woman brought receipts (literally). Then there's the proof of multiple secret children. For the other, it was investigated and there was no indication that she was telling the truth (again, no evidence was found that he ran over her foot with a car) and that same woman who appeared to lie there is all we have for the accusation of leaving children unattended.
This is exactly it. But, they are going to continue the false equivalence no matter what logic says.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
What has happened to the ability to filter info? Repubs and Dems both jump at the worse possible characterization of someone.
You are the one clearly not filtering info. You are trying to equate to completely different situations for political reasons. It is so blatantly obvious to everyone but you and your compadre that does the same thing. Nobody is calling Warnock an angel. Most of us have said he isn’t even a politician we agree with. But, to equate the issues in his past with Walker’s in an attempt to make it “just two bad guys” is pure cognitive dissonance.