Possible Upsets week 3:

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Many surprising upsets last two weeks with Frost fired and now Neal Brown and Marcus Freeman on the hot seat. Will the upsets continue this week?

Week 3
Nebraska over uO (-11)
UTSA over Texas (-12.5)
Kansas over Houston (-8.5)
California over ND (-10.5)

Mar 8, 2010
Many surprising upsets last two weeks with Frost fired and now Neal Brown and Marcus Freeman on the hot seat. Will the upsets continue this week?

Week 3
Nebraska over uO (-11)
UTSA over Texas (-12.5)
Those all seem like very real possibilities!

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I like Nebraska to cover but not win… another 1 score loss.

I predict a boring weekend when it comes to upsets.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009

Agree. But I think they’ll play out of their minds tomorrow under their new coach. Best they will have looked in years. Wouldn’t be shocked if they won. And would just hate to see it.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I have zero clue what to think about OU-Neb, or a lot of the games at this point, lol. Watched a lot of opening weekend, camped last weekend but we had satellite signal so we were able to listen to Marshall take down ND, App St over A&M. Hearing a lot of 'I can't believe Venables has OU playing this great defense this soon' over the last few days though. Color me skeptical until we get a little further into the season on that one.

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
UTSA vs Texas could be interesting:
1. Texas is coming down from the emotional high of a huge game.
2. They could be without their top two quarterbacks.
3. UTSA is a good team that won 12 games last year.

The Longhorns looked really good against Bama. They haven't looked that good in a long time. It will be interesting to see if that continues or if they have a let down.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK

Week 3
Nebraska over uO (-11)
UTSA over Texas (-12.5)
Nebraska over OU is a real possibility at the very least I think a bet on NU is a very good bet.

I don't think UT will drop to UTSA, but I think that could very easily be a very close game. UT played out of their minds against Bama. They are not a top ten team, but low top 25 is legit.

Kansas and Houston should be one hell of a game. I think Kansas is legit. Not legit top 25, but legit like we were in 2002 when we beat OU for the 2nd straight year and went to a bowl game for the first time in a while. I still remember the PA announcement "Oklahoma State is Bowl Eligible". Anyway, Kansas could ABSOLUTELY beat Houston.

Cal vs ND is a trap game. ND is going to tear them to shreds after last week. Are they a top ten team? Not in the least, but they are way better than Cal.

I'll throw one more on for you. Tech vs NC State(-10). I would 100% say Tech can win this. They got some gumption right now.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Nebraska over OU is a real possibility at the very least I think a bet on NU is a very good bet.

I don't think UT will drop to UTSA, but I think that could very easily be a very close game. UT played out of their minds against Bama. They are not a top ten team, but low top 25 is legit.

Kansas and Houston should be one hell of a game. I think Kansas is legit. Not legit top 25, but legit like we were in 2002 when we beat OU for the 2nd straight year and went to a bowl game for the first time in a while. I still remember the PA announcement "Oklahoma State is Bowl Eligible". Anyway, Kansas could ABSOLUTELY beat Houston.

Cal vs ND is a trap game. ND is going to tear them to shreds after last week. Are they a top ten team? Not in the least, but they are way better than Cal.

I'll throw one more on for you. Tech vs NC State(-10). I would 100% say Tech can win this. They got some gumption right now.
ND QB out for four-five weeks.
TX may start a freshman QB.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Remember that UT game in Stillwater a few years ago that just had a good feel to it from the start? I'm sensing that in the Nebraska game today. These fans think it's the 1970's again and they are loving it.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

Agree. But I think they’ll play out of their minds tomorrow under their new coach. Best they will have looked in years. Wouldn’t be shocked if they won. And would just hate to see it.
Remember that UT game in Stillwater a few years ago that just had a good feel to it from the start? I'm sensing that in the Nebraska game today. These fans think it's the 1970's again and they are loving it.
Didn't age well...