Portal News

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
One of these alternative pro leagues is going to figure out that they could pay these kids currently in college and make a killing. Take kids straight out of high school with no limitations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Surprised they haven't already, college isn't for everyone, plus with a developmental league they can get their bodies right before an NFL team signs them. I'm all for kids getting paid out of high school for their respected sport, but football is a different thing. Few kids can go straight from High School and compete on Sundays immediately, if any to be honest.

Nov 6, 2010
Surprised they haven't already, college isn't for everyone, plus with a developmental league they can get their bodies right before an NFL team signs them. I'm all for kids getting paid out of high school for their respected sport, but football is a different thing. Few kids can go straight from High School and compete on Sundays immediately, if any to be honest.
Because for it to succeed, it has to be affiliated with the NFL, and it would be directly against the NFL's interests to create and support a minor league when they're getting that from college football for free.