Portal News

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
This is what makes me believe that kind of stuff isn't happening. In the world of social media/internet, there is just no keeping stuff like this under wraps. What coach at that level would expose themselves to this kind of risk?
And who want to tell the world that they are essentially a prostitute?

Aug 19, 2006
And Antwine only made the need bigger.

It’s a tough spot because the talent at that position in the portal does not seem nearly as strong as other positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We may have room under the 85 limit but they still have a certain number of spots allocated by position group. Seems like we should have a couple open on both OL and DL with all the departures but it's hard to know.

If so, we're getting smoked in transfer recruitment. Disappointing that we couldn't build off the bowl win.

Nov 6, 2010
And who want to tell the world that they are essentially a prostitute?
I almost addressed that part of it, but thought better of it, but since you asked. All of them now. The shame aspect of it is gone, traded for victimhood. I'm not weighing in on the merit of that mentality, simply stating that the attitude has changed and become more accepted.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
My source was EPSN's Way Too Early 2022 Top 25. Said they only return 7, but who knows what guesses they were making.
I wouldn’t trust national writers over Baylor guys.

They apparently return their whole offensive line and entire front 7. They do lose Pitre, but honestly, especially with Player I think they’ll be an awesome team. It’s probably the 2nd best front 7 in the entire country just behind Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VaPoke

Wrangler
Oct 14, 2013
Washington DC
Our offensive line is is gonna be doing a lot of "ole" next season. With the departures and striking out on transfers we are gonna be thin thin thin. It's gonna be a rough look.
Does anybody know why so many O linemen are leaving? They all can't be leaving due to the lack of playing time outlook. Not to throw darts, but does this reflect Coach Dickey? We have had O line issues for several years and just when we hope to have some continuity, too many hit the exit. I realize we have some promising kids in the pipeline but numbers and experience count.

Aug 19, 2006
Does anybody know why so many O linemen are leaving? They all can't be leaving due to the lack of playing time outlook. Not to throw darts, but does this reflect Coach Dickey? We have had O line issues for several years and just when we hope to have some continuity, too many hit the exit. I realize we have some promising kids in the pipeline but numbers and experience count.
Lots of speculation but nobody knows for sure. If Dickey can't close the deal with some transfers this week, we're going to be dangerously thin next season. Not a lot of experience backing up the starters.

Aug 16, 2012
Lots of speculation but nobody knows for sure. If Dickey can't close the deal with some transfers this week, we're going to be dangerously thin next season. Not a lot of experience backing up the starters.
And while it may not be the case, with so many leaving and appearing to strike out on gaining any replacements, one has to wonder if there is a common denominator.