Portal News

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 14, 2006
247 just posted an updated transfer/roster tracker. With recent movement we're currently at 84 scholarship players by my unscientific count.

So, as of now, we have room for 1 player from the portal. Obviously we've offered more and logic would suggest we'll hear of more transfers out in the coming days.

Jan 14, 2006
Nobody gonna mention the loss of ANOTHER olineman?
Backup C/OG and OSU graduate Tyrese Williams has entered his name in the transfer portal.

Likely looking for a school where he can start for his last year or two of college. He was valuable depth but the move makes a lot of sense. I hope he kicks ass wherever he ends up.

Aug 19, 2006
247 just posted an updated transfer/roster tracker. With recent movement we're currently at 84 scholarship players by my unscientific count.

So, as of now, we have room for 1 player from the portal. Obviously we've offered more and logic would suggest we'll hear of more transfers out in the coming days.
Interesting. Based on the offers we’ve made it seems like they want to add OL, DL and RB. They’ll have to free up a few more rosters spots to make that happen.

Nov 6, 2010
Backup C/OG and OSU graduate Tyrese Williams has entered his name in the transfer portal.

Likely looking for a school where he can start for his last year or two of college. He was valuable depth but the move makes a lot of sense. I hope he kicks ass wherever he ends up.
Hate to see this one. I thought for sure he'd be starting at guard next year.

Jan 14, 2006
Just saw an interview with Pokes Report where Williams stated that it is "cloudy" whether or not he'd be a starter here and he was leaving specifically so that he could be a starter somewhere.

Sounds reasonable. Wish him well.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Just saw an interview with Pokes Report where Williams stated that it is "cloudy" whether or not he'd be a starter here and he was leaving specifically so that he could be a starter somewhere.

interesting considering who’s left he had a path to start. This could mean they’re kicking Birmingham inside

Aug 19, 2006

Sounds like he does want to have to compete for a starting spot. Not sure who’s going to guarantee him one.

Aug 16, 2012
Probably a thread somewhere this might be more appropriate but I am lazy so will just drop it here.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...st-Facilities-Top-Program-Features-180622138/

The 88 kids at the recent Under Armor HS All American Game were questioned about a lot of things including, " Which school has the best facilities that you have seen?". I am going to temper this with the fact I have no knowledge (nor inclination to research) if any kids selected for the game have been offered by OSU or visited, but OSU did not make the top 12. OU was one of the five teams tied for 8th.

More depressing, 17 other schools received votes and OSU??

Not listed.

Kids ranked Indiana, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, even AIR FORCE, but not a single mention of our facilities. What was once gold has apparently turned...again, assuming at least a few kids who were at the game took a recruiting trip to Stillwater

Oct 29, 2016
US
Probably a thread somewhere this might be more appropriate but I am lazy so will just drop it here.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...st-Facilities-Top-Program-Features-180622138/

The 88 kids at the recent Under Armor HS All American Game were questioned about a lot of things including, " Which school has the best facilities that you have seen?". I am going to temper this with the fact I have no knowledge (nor inclination to research) if any kids selected for the game have been offered by OSU or visited, but OSU did not make the top 12. OU was one of the five teams tied for 8th.

More depressing, 17 other schools received votes and OSU??

Not listed.

Kids ranked Indiana, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, even AIR FORCE, but not a single mention of our facilities. What was once gold has apparently turned...again, assuming at least a few kids who were at the game took a recruiting trip to Stillwater
TBoone Pickens, still has nice facilities. Other programs have also invested heavily in their facilities. OSU will never come close to fundraising on a level needed to update TBP stadium, thus it will be a very long time before major renovation. I don't see that happening any time soon. Probably at least couple more decades. Other than normal maintenance/upgrading of sound system, etc, I don't think much will change either.

Had it not been for TBP and his vast wealth, OSU would have been in deep, deep trouble. A somewhat short of a brand new stadium would have never happened. I don't understand why the entire stadium wasn't completely demolished, built completely brand new, especially considering how much TBP donated. Anyway, the facilities we have is the same we'll have for decades to come.