Pope calls for Civil Union laws for Gay couples

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
And some people are simply not racist and don't like being labeled that by people that don't know them.
Just being a white male and living in Oklahoma pretty much guarantees people will think you are racist.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Well, that's not my experience, at all, being a white male in OK, never had that problem. Seems a bit hyperbolic.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
And some people are simply not racist and don't like being labeled that by people that don't know them.
Just being a white male and living in Oklahoma pretty much guarantees people will think you are racist.

Well, that's not my experience, at all, being a white male in OK, never had that problem. Seems a bit hyperbolic.
Ok, let me clarify.
I've been labeled as racist once someone found out I was from Oklahoma. This was in a coastal state. I didn't do anything other than introduce myself and talk a little.
After a while of talking he realized I obviously wasn't racist. He told me later about what he thought initially. Said it's basically a stereo type that white males from middle America must be racist.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Ok, let me clarify.
I've been labeled as racist once someone found out I was from Oklahoma. This was in a coastal state. I didn't do anything other than introduce myself and talk a little.
After a while of talking he realized I obviously wasn't racist. He told me later about what he thought initially. Said it's basically a stereo type that white males from middle America must be racist.

Sounds to me like you met a dumbass who doesnt get out much.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
So if you are adamantly anti murder, you secretly want to murder? It's a false premise you are making. It just tends to be that those who don't like what they do tend to find ways to fight it outwardly and seek out being around those that also fight it. That didn't mean that all who fight against it are secret doers.

Not all fire fighters are arsonists, but arsonists sometimes try to and do become fire fighters.

But what if I’m really against killing gay people with fire?

Where does that put me. Cause I hate burning gay people....like i don’t like it at all.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So if you are adamantly anti murder, you secretly want to murder? It's a false premise you are making. It just tends to be that those who don't like what they do tend to find ways to fight it outwardly and seek out being around those that also fight it. That didn't mean that all who fight against it are secret doers.

Not all fire fighters are arsonists, but arsonists sometimes try to and do become fire fighters.

But what if I’m really against killing gay people with fire?

Where does that put me. Cause I hate burning gay people....like i don’t like it at all.
Then along with those that don't want to kill them in any way, like stoning or throwing them off roofs, etc..., don't be muslim. That's the only group I know that not only wants death for them but actually performs it in this day and age.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Vatican bars gay union blessing, says God 'can't bless sin'

ROME (AP) — The Vatican decreed Monday that the Catholic Church won't bless same-sex unions since God "cannot bless sin."

The Vatican's orthodoxy office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, issued a formal response Monday to a question about whether Catholic clergy have the authority to bless gay unions. The answer, contained in a two-page explanation published in seven languages and approved by Pope Francis, was "negative."

The note distinguished between the church's welcoming and blessing of gay people, which it upheld, but not their unions. It argued that such unions are not part of God's plan and that any such sacramental recognition could be confused with marriage.

The note immediately disheartened advocates for LGBT Catholics and threw a wrench in the debate within the German church, which has been at the forefront of opening discussion on hot-button issues such the church's teaching on homosexuality.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

ROME (AP) — The Vatican decreed Monday that the Catholic Church won't bless same-sex unions since God "cannot bless sin."

The Vatican's orthodoxy office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, issued a formal response Monday to a question about whether Catholic clergy have the authority to bless gay unions. The answer, contained in a two-page explanation published in seven languages and approved by Pope Francis, was "negative."

The note distinguished between the church's welcoming and blessing of gay people, which it upheld, but not their unions. It argued that such unions are not part of God's plan and that any such sacramental recognition could be confused with marriage.

The note immediately disheartened advocates for LGBT Catholics and threw a wrench in the debate within the German church, which has been at the forefront of opening discussion on hot-button issues such the church's teaching on homosexuality.
Sucks for all the gay catholics out there who desperately want their union to be blessed by the catholic church.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005

Breaking news from the worlds oldest and largest pedophilia ring. An organization that helped the nazis, killed 50+ million in the inquisition, used its properties as brothels, and operated magdeline laundries as recently as the 90s......sounds like the group that needs to condemn the love of good people to me!!!!

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Common logic and pop psychology are both dangerous things. That's like saying all effeminate men are likely guy, its just not true.
What you said obviously isn't true, but that in no way makes what I said not true.
It appears you found a 6-month-old post but felt a strong desire to defend anti-gay gays anyway. Then you spurted a bunch of buzzwords and changed the wording from "often" to "all" to attempt to prop up a weak point.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
What you said obviously isn't true, but that in no way makes what I said not true.
It appears you found a 6-month-old post but felt a strong desire to defend anti-gay gays anyway. Then you spurted a bunch of buzzwords and changed the wording from "often" to "all" to attempt to prop up a weak point.
You do you and keep pumping your hate.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
It's weak to give a rip about what happens in other's bedrooms and stereotype, you have a simple mind.
I’m not the one who cares, they are. I’m just noticing obvious hypocrisy.
And while now resorting to insulting me, it is obvious you don’t even comprehend the situation. The people you are adamantly defending are the ones that you are now calling weak.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
This is a common theme. Those who are adamantly anti-gay often have gay tendencies.
This sounds like a textbook case of confirmation bias. It's true that this does happen and when it does, it sticks in your mind.

It is also possible for somebody to think something is a sin and that they shouldn't do it but be too weak to resist. I feel truly sorry for people who are gay but also think it's a sin...seems like a recipe for unhappiness.... they're never not going to be gay.