PFB blog

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
1. I hate when someone says that any critique is "whining". It devalues your position, IMO.
2. Agree that people calling for credentials to be revoked, etc....are using cancel culture to right cancel culture, but I also don't think that majority are calling for that. Seems like most are just saying not to visit their site for a multitude of reasons. This is just like the boulder that broke the camel's back.
1) i stated it from my viewpoint he has repeatedly tried to justify to me why he would cancel. That is whining in my book. I’m not going to attempt to persuade another grown man why they shouldn’t consume something.

2) this petition has over 1000 signatures which is more than a few. See attached screenshot.

You can spin horse manure to be fertilizer and it doesn’t change what it is. Its A prime example of not liking someone’s viewpoint and exerting cancel culture.

Attachments

POPOKE

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
Having credentials is a privilege, not a right. Would you give them to someone who has a history of slandering your program and looks to have an underlying agenda of getting the head coach fired?
can you name some examples of slander since they have a history?
Give it up man, just stop trying to defend PfB here. We don’t need to give examples of them slandering OSU, they’ve done it, we know it and you know it too. They’ve tried to write negative slanted articles to generate clicks. They’ve sold merchandise with athletes likeness to try to maximize profits. They turned off comments because they were getting so much negativity, it’s time for OSU to do the same, take away the negativity. PfB is a business with a model that uses these crappy practices, they’ve even stated as much. They’ve tried to ride the fence, and a lot of people of tired of it, and the market will dictate their success moving forward.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Give it up man, just stop trying to defend PfB here. We don’t need to give examples of them slandering OSU, they’ve done it, we know it and you know it too. They’ve tried to write negative slanted articles to generate clicks. They’ve sold merchandise with athletes likeness to try to maximize profits. They turned off comments because they were getting so much negativity, it’s time for OSU to do the same, take away the negativity. PfB is a business with a model that uses these crappy practices, they’ve even stated as much. They’ve tried to ride the fence, and a lot of people of tired of it, and the market will dictate their success moving forward.
not defending them either way. They have their viewpoint you have yours. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of some of the cancel culture crew.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I just wouldn’t consume their content not whine about it. You’re arguing something I’m not arguing all I’m saying is those signing petitions and asking for credentials being revoked are committing “Cancel Culture”. That is the argument I’m making. Anything else you are arguing with yourself.
Don't back track, you stated the Kyle's didn't do anything illegal or immoral since morals are in the eye of the beholder. I simply stated why what the precious Kyle did was immoral. I also stated why the precious ones ought to have any credentials revoked. That's not cancel culture, that's taking your repercussions just like Gundy is having to accept his reprecussions.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Don't back track, you stated the Kyle's didn't do anything illegal or immoral since morals are in the eye of the beholder. I simply stated why what the precious Kyle did was immoral. I also stated why the precious ones ought to have any credentials revoked. That's not cancel culture, that's taking your repercussions just like Gundy is having to accept his reprecussions.
im not backtracking its immoral to you its not immoral to me. To each its own. So what if OSU doesnt revoke their credentials what is your next step? Are you going to Boycott OSU? What is next on the cancel culture agenda?

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Pardon us if we are really skeptical of a guy who registered on this site last week when this all blew up. Something is off with your timing of arrival.
you can be skeptical all you want. I’m not kyle. Whether you are skeptical or not won’t change that. You will often see people who have a shallow point of view, deflect a conversation into something that doesn't make much sense like telling someone they are someone else.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
im not backtracking its immoral to you its not immoral to me. To each its own. So what if OSU doesnt revoke their credentials what is your next step? Are you going to Boycott OSU? What is next on the cancel culture agenda?
Why are you so desperate to label anyone that doesn't agree with you? If O-State doesn't choose to protect the families of employees so be it. What I choose to do is none of your business.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Why are you so desperate to label anyone that doesn't agree with you? If O-State doesn't choose to protect the families of employees so be it. What I choose to do is none of your business.
im not desperate to do anything I’m just calling out hypocrisy. What others choose to do should be none of your business as well.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
you can be skeptical all you want. I’m not kyle. Whether you are skeptical or not won’t change that. You will often see people who have a shallow point of view, deflect a conversation into something that doesn't make much sense like telling someone they are someone else.
I'm not claiming you are a Kyle. Just wondering out loud why you just show up here after this story blows up. Not sure of your motivations here.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
I'm not claiming you are a Kyle. Just wondering out loud why you just show up here after this story blows up. Not sure of your motivations here.
after which story blows up? Since you brought up the term motivations, what are you inferring that my motivations are? Or are you just guessing? The most logical explanation is that we have a different point of view and now you are trying to insinuate some made up conspiracy theory.

Last edited: