PFB blog

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Listen i get it. All im saying is that is the definition of “cancel culture” if people are calling for that. Kyle Boone has no journalistic responsibility not to report what he sees. People can either consume it or not. If people choose not to consume it then it will go away. The point I am making is it is funny how cancel culture is a part of society people just pick and choose when it applies.
Once again, I'm personally not asking for that, and I agree that all views should be allowed and even celebrated...but for a guy who claims to be a huge OSU fan to pull that stunt isn't cool and he can expect ramifications...just like Gundy is getting now...but WAY LESS because he's not a well know person.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Once again, I'm personally not asking for that, and I agree that all views should be allowed and even celebrated...but for a guy who claims to be a huge OSU fan to pull that stunt isn't cool and he can expect ramifications...just like Gundy is getting now...but WAY LESS because he's not a well know person.
I have said all along people are free to do/say what they want but there are consequences. Just interesting to see the anti cancel culture team at work to cancel someone out.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I have said all along people are free to do/say what they want but there are consequences. Just interesting to see the anti cancel culture team at work to cancel someone out.
I personally don't think they should be, they should be asking for apologies though just like Mike has had to do.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
I personally don't think they should be, they should be asking for apologies though just like Mike has had to do.
Personally i think mike gundy shouldnt have apologized. He is getting it from both sides now as some see apologizing as cowardice. Make no mistake about it he chose to apologize. He went down the im a dumbass, i had no idea what this meant route, there were other possibilities.

poknround

Banned
Banned
Oct 25, 2009
Wabashaw, WI
I hope the Kyle's are stopping by the site. Because they can both go fly a kite. Anyone claiming to support OSU athletics should never do what they are doing. Id much rather follow Robert Allen than these idiots.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
The person you are responding to joined the forum on Tuesday (or at least created a new account then).

There is a fair chance you are responding to one of the Kyles in your post.
Not sure you are if you are talking about me but I can assure you my mother didn’t name me Kyle. I don’t beat around the bush about anything.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I want to be clear there was nothing illegal about what they did. The fair use act allows this. Morality can lie in the eye of the beholder. Multiple outlets have shared the photo from ESPN, OAN to fox news. Should their credentials be revoked as well?
Let me be clear, legal and moral are two different things. PFB's editor chose to use a picture that had a minor(s) next to a public person to start a controversy, satisfy some kind of grudge, and for clickbait. If they choose to utilize the images of the minor members of our staff's families in this manner they should not be allowed credentials.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Let me be clear, legal and moral are two different things. PFB's editor chose to use a picture that had a minor(s) next to a public person to start a controversy, satisfy some kind of grudge, and for clickbait. If they choose to utilize the images of the minor members of our staff's families in this manner they should not be allowed credentials.
And who is determining that that moral compass? A picture that was already posted on social media. You don’t have to be clear for me, I know the difference between legal and moral. There are some moral issues some could argue about Gundy’s shirt. Its better to err on the side of what’s legal as morality can often be biased.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2006
I think the best thing that can happen is they continue to have access at the same level and they decide what their identity is and viewers decide if its worth their time. If they choose to be an OSU blog, they can act like it and earn back trust. If they think they're a news outlet they can give that a try. Let the free market decide their fate though.

Jul 29, 2005
They run a blog and are entitled to their opinions to produce creative content. Likewise, the readers can have an opinion of the PFB product and choose not to go to their site. That is precisely what I did. In my opinion, they forgot that most of their audience wants to read about news on the OSU programs, not their efforts to address their opinions of societal/cultural ideology through the OSU lens.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
And who is determining that that moral compass? A picture that was already posted on social media. You don’t have to be clear for me, I know the difference between legal and moral. There are some moral issues some could argue about Gundy’s shirt. Its better to err on the side of what’s legal as morality can often be biased.
Evidently you don't know the difference, however both measures are required if you are in any business.What Boone did was choose to put up a pic from an account he had access to from a family fishing trip. Boone then decided to hurt his business and used a pic legally. His actions, regardless of intent, forced minors into a situation they have no control over, which is immoral. There is no eye of the beholder. If Boone wished to be moral he could have easily blurred the minors in the pic, but he chose not to do so. Boone would be indignant if his family was treated in this manner. While legal it is best to err on the side of making reasonable choices. Bad choices get bad results. Ask Gundy.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Evidently you don't know the difference, however both measures are required if you are in any business.What Boone did was choose to put up a pic from an account he had access to from a family fishing trip. Boone then decided to hurt his business and used a pic legally. His actions, regardless of intent, forced minors into a situation they have no control over, which is immoral. There is no eye of the beholder. If Boone wished to be moral he could have easily blurred the minors in the pic, but he chose not to do so. Boone would be indignant if his family was treated in this manner. While legal it is best to err on the side of making reasonable choices. Bad choices get bad results. Ask Gundy.
Since I was just looking at the shirt, what everybody was talking about I didnt even notice the kids. I dont know if thats a huge deal for the university. Honestly feels biased, you have accused them of stalking, and going after gundy for a grudge. I havent read anything on their blog thats earth shattering great. I would let the readers decide with their clicks not try to censor them but im anti cancel culture.

Nov 18, 2010
Just interesting to see the anti cancel culture team at work to cancel someone out.
Except that's not what's happening. People aren't trying to get PFB deplatformed from their internet blogging jobs.

Most here would simply like the OP website and other OSU properties to stop PROMOTING internet bloggers who are actively sabotaging the football program for personal gain...right before a potential, and very rare, big 12 championship season starts.

Can you understand the difference? I'll simplify.

PFB is trying to get Gundy fired (cancelled).
OP readers want less access and promotion for anti-OSU internet bloggers. (not cancelled)

If it was up to me, they wouldn't be getting any more credentials or access to the team. It's time to circle the wagons. If people want to attack OSU, let them do it from the outside.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Since I was just looking at the shirt, what everybody was talking about I didnt even notice the kids. I dont know if thats a huge deal for the university. Honestly feels biased, you have accused them of stalking, and going after gundy for a grudge. I havent read anything on their blog thats earth shattering great. I would let the readers decide with their clicks not try to censor them but im anti cancel culture.
So anyone with a divergent view from your view is biased? I'm a potential customer, I am part of the market place. The Kyle's don't get my money. Its simple and due to the Kyle's choice to include minor's in their continued Gundy hate. It should be a huge deal for the university, but since the Kyle's will go all whiny assed victim it will be ignored. (Either one of the Kyle's may pm me to call and personally apologize to attempt to get my business back. Holder and Weiberg do those kind of things, why not the Kyle's?)

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
So anyone with a divergent view from your view is biased? I'm a potential customer, I am part of the market place. The Kyle's don't get my money. Its simple and due to the Kyle's choice to include minor's in their continued Gundy hate. It should be a huge deal for the university, but since the Kyle's will go all whiny assed victim it will be ignored. (Either one of the Kyle's may pm me to call and personally apologize to attempt to get my business back. Holder and Weiberg do those kind of things, why not the Kyle's?)
I just wouldn’t consume their content not whine about it. You’re arguing something I’m not arguing all I’m saying is those signing petitions and asking for credentials being revoked are committing “Cancel Culture”. That is the argument I’m making. Anything else you are arguing with yourself.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I just wouldn’t consume their content not whine about it. You’re arguing something I’m not arguing all I’m saying is those signing petitions and asking for credentials being revoked are committing “Cancel Culture”. That is the argument I’m making. Anything else you are arguing with yourself.
1. I hate when someone says that any critique is "whining". It devalues your position, IMO.
2. Agree that people calling for credentials to be revoked, etc....are using cancel culture to right cancel culture, but I also don't think that majority are calling for that. Seems like most are just saying not to visit their site for a multitude of reasons. This is just like the boulder that broke the camel's back.