Pat Jones - Negative Nancy

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I agree with the Skip part but Jones has had his panties in a wade for sometime. He will defend Mike to the wall (and that was the contract/flirting), and I somewhat agree with his point. Old news, look around at what high level coaches make. Jones' biggest panty wad is Holder. For whatever reason Pat has a sick up his on butt about Mike Holder. Holder was the bridge to Pickens to the new stadium to Mike G's contract to a level of football that is the best in most of our lifetimes. Anyone know why Jones is so bitter about Holder?
He won, he got a new stadium and has rebuilt the entire athletic infrastructure, and has helped to facilitate a Renaissance in football. Why would a guy that got fired for having no wins in a season be jealous of Holder?

Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
Life is much easier and enjoyable if you stop listening to the Sports Urinal and cancel your subscription to the Daily Sooner. Opinions spewed from over the hill sports hacks and “sport talk“ majors are really pretty worthless if you sit back and think about it.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Life is much easier and enjoyable if you stop listening to the Sports Urinal and cancel your subscription to the Daily Sooner. Opinions spewed from over the hill sports hacks and “sport talk“ majors are really pretty worthless if you sit back and think about it.
I enjoy listening to the Morning Animals on my commute to work because the couple of segments during that time of the morning have nothing to do with Sports and they can be pretty funny. Also, I listen to Al Ashback on my way home and he's mostly talking about music. It's all the daytime hosts that take themselves too seriously.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
From what I heard, there are spots in the plaza west of the stadium to put a bunch of statues. Boone is first but he won't be last.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Pat may just be POd because his career as a coach didn't go the route of fellow hogs say, Jimmy Johnson or even (ugh, I just threw up in my mouth a little) Barry Switzer. Pat did about as well as any coach at then oSu could do given what he had to work with.

You simply can't argue with a statue of Boone Pickens outside of the stadium and university that he gave over $1 billion to OSU for many things. GTS* if you don't believe it. All of it after Pat Jones left.
Had Pat Jones been able to see what he could have done with those facilities and the same backing that Gundy enjoys, then Pat's life may have been a little brigther than ending up on Tulsa sports talk radio and more akin to JJ's stint in FOX NFL booth.

Barry Sanders will be the next statue (and rightfully so) around BPS, but TBP deserves a statue the size of the Colosus of Rhodes.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I was so pissed listening to Pat Jones today whining about Boone’s Statue. I guess he has sour grapes for not getting a statue for the 0-10-1 season he blessed us with. Several times over the past few months he’s gotten off onto political topics on air and it’s obvious he’s a CNN/MSNBC viewer. Today he was all bent out of shape and said over and over that the Boone statue was an insult to all the football players that played at OSU. Well I doubt if all the players that got to experience the absolute Palace that his multi-million dollar donation built would agree with that. Plus they are not erecting a statue for his sports prowess, they are erecting a statue out of gratitude for his loyalty, support, the $600 million he has given overall to the University and the $165 million that built the stadium. He deserves a statue!

Pat is literally a walking talking example of Saul Alinsky’s “Useful Idiot”.....

I’m sure this will be deleted and a Ban warning issued promptly my direction because every time I express my honest opinion about what I truly think about Pat Jones I get slapped down.
I rarely post here anymore due to the Twitter like banning that's been happening. Two people can post the same thing, one gets banned and one doesn't even get the post deleted. I got a post deleted in the B&F Forum for using the word $h!+. I screen shotted and posted two posts of TG calling users a GD moron in the exact same thread. Nothing done. Different rules for different fools.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I think Pat's timeout call at the end of the first half that gave OU a Hail Mary TD earns him a statue.......of some kind. He is truly a legend in his own mind.
That, and the choice to put the ball in OU's hands first when playing in Stillwater and we had the best offense in the country and no defense. Great job taking the home crowd out of it and giving OU momentum from the opening kick off.

Also a gold star for not finding a way to put 2 future NFL Hall of fame running backs on the field at the same time.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I was so pissed listening to Pat Jones today whining about Boone’s Statue. I guess he has sour grapes for not getting a statue for the 0-10-1 season he blessed us with. Several times over the past few months he’s gotten off onto political topics on air and it’s obvious he’s a CNN/MSNBC viewer. Today he was all bent out of shape and said over and over that the Boone statue was an insult to all the football players that played at OSU. Well I doubt if all the players that got to experience the absolute Palace that his multi-million dollar donation built would agree with that. Plus they are not erecting a statue for his sports prowess, they are erecting a statue out of gratitude for his loyalty, support, the $600 million he has given overall to the University and the $165 million that built the stadium. He deserves a statue!

Pat is literally a walking talking example of Saul Alinsky’s “Useful Idiot”.....

I’m sure this will be deleted and a Ban warning issued promptly my direction because every time I express my honest opinion about what I truly think about Pat Jones I get slapped down.
I rarely post here anymore due to the Twitter like banning that's been happening. Two people can post the same thing, one gets banned and one doesn't even get the post deleted. I got a post deleted in the B&F Forum for using the word $h!+. I screen shotted and posted two posts of TG calling users a GD moron in the exact same thread. Nothing done. Different rules for different fools.
All I posted to get banned once was a video of a black conservative talking about the names they've been called.
I also somehow got kicked once for "attacking" another poster which was never explained to me because I don't think I was even involved in the little feud going on. I may disagree with other people, but I don't attack them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO

The mods are all deacons in their church on this site. Snuffy is the thinnest skinned one of them all. He’s the Facebook of Orange Power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 6, 2007
Ardmore, Ok.
Exactly why I quit posting. Selective censorship.

Sep 9, 2020
Tulsa
He and the state media attack Holder because he’s excellent at what he does. You’re a fool if you don’t understand the simple formula the media use against OSU.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Exactly why I quit posting. Selective censorship.
Then why are you here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Here is Monday's discussion with Humphries,

"Well, Craig I don't know, I just don't know players have to run plays and whatnot, but my gosh Mike must have, well you know Craig, he must have scared the bejeesus out of them at halftime like Mr Davis used to scare his coaching staff and Jimmy would cut players on the Cowboys when Jerry wasn't looking, but the bottom line Craig is Boone shouldn't have a statue when you have a second half like that old thing on Saturday but the whole first half doesn't happen if Holder isn't AD".