Pat Jones - Negative Nancy

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OctaviusRexLTH

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
He is trying to become some kind of shock jock to appease his friend Barry Switzer's crowd base at Paper Clip U.
I just want to call in and be like, “Hey Pat, remember all that cheating you did at OSU? You think people should take what a cheater says seriously because....why?” And yes that applies to Barry Switzer as well

Foster

Greenhorn
Feb 7, 2007
I agree with Pat that Barry Sanders should have a statue, and it's a travesty that he doesn't. I think it should have been erected before Boone even made his gift. Now, after the gift, I'm ok with Boone being first, but I think Barry should get one pretty quick. Pat's football knowledge cannot be denied, and he said some pretty solid things today about the current OSU defense. I would guess Pat has been paid a lot more for his knowledge and ability by NFL teams than most of the commenters on the board.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I was so pissed listening to Pat Jones today whining about Boone’s Statue. I guess he has sour grapes for not getting a statue for the 0-10-1 season he blessed us with. Several times over the past few months he’s gotten off onto political topics on air and it’s obvious he’s a CNN/MSNBC viewer. Today he was all bent out of shape and said over and over that the Boone statue was an insult to all the football players that played at OSU. Well I doubt if all the players that got to experience the absolute Palace that his multi-million dollar donation built would agree with that. Plus they are not erecting a statue for his sports prowess, they are erecting a statue out of gratitude for his loyalty, support, the $600 million he has given overall to the University and the $165 million that built the stadium. He deserves a statue!

Pat is literally a walking talking example of Saul Alinsky’s “Useful Idiot”.....

I’m sure this will be deleted and a Ban warning issued promptly my direction because every time I express my honest opinion about what I truly think about Pat Jones I get slapped down.

Nov 23, 2010
Vermont
He’s little more than a feeble old man, hoping anyone outside his nursing home still remembers his name and has to be controversial in order to convince himself he’s still relevant.

Aug 7, 2006
I mean... the three people who have(or will have, in Boone's case) statues on campus are pretty damn deserving of having one. Barry should have one as well, but it seems really silly to be upset about a guy who gave over half a billion dollars to the university getting a statue.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
He's has the right to get his panties in a wad over whatever just like the rest of us.
I don't understand why building a statue of the man who brought us out of the rustoleum days and put us on a level playing field with other major conference schools is something to get your panties in a wad about though. I doubt his panties are actually in a wad anyway. He's just doing a Skip Bayless routine on the radio to get people talking.

Jun 5, 2020
OKC
I don't understand why building a statue of the man who brought us out of the rustoleum days and put us on a level playing field with other major conference schools is something to get your panties in a wad about though. I doubt his panties are actually in a wad anyway. He's just doing a Skip Bayless routine on the radio to get people talking.
I agree with the Skip part but Jones has had his panties in a wade for sometime. He will defend Mike to the wall (and that was the contract/flirting), and I somewhat agree with his point. Old news, look around at what high level coaches make. Jones' biggest panty wad is Holder. For whatever reason Pat has a sick up his on butt about Mike Holder. Holder was the bridge to Pickens to the new stadium to Mike G's contract to a level of football that is the best in most of our lifetimes. Anyone know why Jones is so bitter about Holder?