PAC 12 Expansion talks again

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Anything to get away from UT’s garbage TV deal and play them in non conference only is a win for us.

As long as we play two Texas schools in nonconference. I’d leave the Big 12 in a heartbeat. I’d rather join the SEC, Big 10 (or ACC if they add Notre Dame) but I don’t see that as a possibility.

Bob Bowlsby has sunk the big 12 and it ain’t coming back; and Texas has no interest in putting out the garbage fire they created.

They ran off two strong brands Nebraska and Texas A&M and made it look appealing for Mizzou and Colorado to leave.

Texas ain’t about the conference, and we need to get that through our collective heads.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I think past season was a clear indicator of why we would not fit in the Pac 12.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
I think past season was a clear indicator of why we would not fit in the Pac 12.
Because of politics?
Because of the major differences between Arizona, Colorado and Utah?

Because of Coronavirus?
California, Washington, Oregon, Utah, and Colorado all had a lower death rate per million than Oklahoma.
(Arizona had one of the highest death rates, because of the significantly older population)

Why wouldn't Oklahoma State want to be in the Pac 12?
If there is an SEC or even ACC invite, we should absolutely take it! (there won't be a Big 10 invite)

I think sticking in the Big 12 and hoping for the best with Bowlsby is pretty similar to betting on us covering Bedlam; It may feel good, and I'd love for it to work out. Recent history would indicate it's not smart money.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Because of politics?

Because of Coronavirus?
Because of these 2 combined.

We played 11 football games last season. The first Pac 12 games were on Nov 7th, and that was when the rest of the country shamed them into it.

That was a once in a lifetime even (hopefully), but it still pointed out pretty clearly the difference in culture.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Because of these 2 combined.

We played 11 football games last season. The first Pac 12 games were on Nov 7th, and that was when the rest of the country shamed them into it.

That was a once in a lifetime even (hopefully), but it still pointed out pretty clearly the difference in culture.
I get that; but one thing I love about football is I would legit high five Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton if they're wearing orange and we're celebrating a win.

I wouldn't high five either in any other circumstance.

I think sports, alcohol and BBQ are some of those things that can break down walls of race, age, ethnicity, income level. And if it makes sense for Oklahoma State financially than let's do it and advance against the tribalism that is tearing the freaking United States of America apart.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I get that; but one thing I love about football is I would legit high five Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton if they're wearing orange and we're celebrating a win.

I wouldn't high five either in any other circumstance.

I think sports, alcohol and BBQ are some of those things that can break down walls of race, age, ethnicity, income level. And if it makes sense for Oklahoma State financially than let's do it and advance against the tribalism that is tearing the freaking United States of America apart.
I am a big fan of letting the bottom line drive decisions, but I think it would feel like I would if I spent a weekend and a vegan commune, or a Bernie Sanders rally.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Politics aside, I am not a fan of this.

Too many time zones...

Too much travel..

Lesser conference.

Currently they pay out less than Big 12.
I wouldn’t do it for a lesser payout; I’m confident they could get a better deal with adding four good schools/brands/markets.

Also being willing to leave means we have leverage in future negotiations/influence and it’s not Texas and the school in Norman doing a two-man show.

Sep 9, 2013
Why would anyone in their right mind want to be in the PAC? No one cares about the PAC, and no one watches it.

I get the SEC, but the PAC? lol.

The Big 12's payout is way higher than the PAC. If anything, the Big 12 should raid them for the 2 arz schools, but im not sure they're even a take.
really need to expand east where the eyeballs and cash are.