OU to the Sweet 16

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 2, 2011
Frustrating part is that most of their fans don't care

What I wouldn't give for a tournament run right now

Sad that OU fans don't appreciate it

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
So who wants to say that Lon Kruger hasn't accomplished anything? OU fires Jeff Capel.....Who are they going to get to go OU? Bad fan support, empty arena. No one's going to want to go to Norman. Capel is a good recruiter. They'll lose momentum. Well look at them now people that keep trying to use these arguments. What really pisses me off is that we could've easily got Kruger instead of Ford. You've made a series of great decisions regarding OSU basketball, Holder.

Jul 15, 2005
So who wants to say that Lon Kruger hasn't accomplished anything? OU fires Jeff Capel.....Who are they going to get to go OU? Bad fan support, empty arena. No one's going to want to go to Norman. Capel is a good recruiter. They'll lose momentum. Well look at them now people that keep trying to use these arguments. What really pisses me off is that we could've easily got Kruger instead of Ford. You've made a series of great decisions regarding OSU basketball, Holder.
Yes. Castiglione went after a bona fide basketball coach and wouldn't take no as an answer. Holder settled for an actor that convinced him he could be a good coach.

InTheKnow

Usually Last to Know
A/V Subscriber
Apr 1, 2007
Oklahoma
Oh so if Holder begged Self a little more and then he finally gave in, you wouldn't have wanted him? Give me a break.
No, that's where I differ from other folks. Don't care to get on my knees for anyone - Self included. Maybe I'm too proud, but no, I don't want a coach we have to beg to come here. Sorry...

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
No, that's where I differ from other folks. Don't care to get on my knees for anyone - Self included. Maybe I'm too proud, but no, I don't want a coach we have to beg to come here. Sorry...
I guess you don't want any recruits that we sway in the last minute from other schools either then. You have an unrealistic look at things. College sports is a competition in all aspects.