ou/Texas outcome?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
One of my friends is a big OU fan and it took him until late Tuesday or early Wednesday to start posting his "hate Texas week" stuff on Facebook. Even then he prefaced with "I know we are 0-2 and things don't look good" before he started posting his Texas Sucks memes. So a lot of their fan base is already disillusioned.
The bandwagon fans are being exposed. It's easy to have the appearance of being a real fan when you are winning...

A lot of OSU fans supported OSU when then didn't have winning teams. We were there in the lean years and we are here in the more prosperous years. For me, I'm not going anywhere if the lean years come back.

The only way I would leave is if I felt the University left me. I'm not leaving based on a sports W/L percentage.

Feb 13, 2010
Back in God's country!
The bandwagon fans are being exposed. It's easy to have the appearance of being a real fan when you are winning...

A lot of OSU fans supported OSU when then didn't have winning teams. We were there in the lean years and we are here in the more prosperous years. For me, I'm not going anywhere if the lean years come back.

The only way I would leave is if I felt the University left me. I'm not leaving based on a sports W/L percentage.
Yep, sat through the 0-10-1 season so I'm not going anywhere either!!! :)

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
We'll do our annual trip to the Wheel Bar in Estes Park, where I get to sit back, sip a beer, & watch the OU & Texas fans interact. Last year, there was a short little Texas fan that would run around the bar every damn time they made a play & yell 'That's Huge!' I hope he's back this year.:D

Anyhoo, I want OU to lose for a lot of the reasons already stated. It'd be really nice to see them sitting at 1-3.
Ah memories, The Wheel Bar. They still have a golf tournament, but nothing like the 1980's when Anheiser was a sponsor with the "Bud Girls" in attendance. We're talking some world class tata's and a lot of alcohol. Those days are gone and it's not all bad. I am ashamed of driving after a couple of those. Those of us still alive are here because we caught a few lucky breaks.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
The melt downs on their fan boards are huge right now. The whorns want to fire Herman (what's new) and hire Meyer. The goons are claiming Riley is soft and there is a locker room problem.

Whichever one loses, the boards are going full atomic meltdown! We're talking torches and pitchforks.

I think it serves us best if Texas wins. If that happens we should have 3 consecutive weeks of ranked opponents, after Rapelor.
I'm enjoying this meltdown against Riley among the goon fans and local sports media. Got real freaking old hearing the constant "Riley does absolutely everything right, gives all the right answers in every situation, has his finger on the pulse of all the athletes, BS they have been spouting for the last several years. Gundy takes a stance on something...."that's dumb, what an idiot!" Riley speaks on it...."GENIUS!" Love to see the cracks showing now.

OctaviusRexLTH

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
I've officially decided. I want UT to win, then have half of their defense ejected for targeting or unsportsmanlike conduct in the second half when they play Baylor the week before they play us.

Last edited:

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Freakin’ Texas. Gets me to actually kinda root for them, then implodes to OU right off the bat.

Looking like one of those frustratingly head-scratching Yurcich games. Starting to find a little rhythm on offense now, but lots of negative plays so far. Lots of screens and deep, low percentage throws.