OU coach gone: official

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 9, 2013
[
I hope you enjoy BV's D. (Sorry, too easy)

There's a reason he hasn't been a head coach before. The guy is an emotional lunatic. Clemson literally assigned a coach to hold him back during games. Is that the mature leadership your program needs at this time? And if he tempers that fire to stay within the lines is he the same coach?

Should be fun to watch it play out. Once again, good luck!
Maybe he works out and having Stoops in Norman works in his favor as a mentor.

But Stoops hand picked Lincoln as his replacement not BV. Stoops set it up for Lincoln not BV.

BV knew this in real time and new 5 yrs ago that uo was off the table for probably the rest of his career. Why then has no other program that’s been open TX, LSU, USC, A&M, Ohio St, Florida, Miss, Tenn, Miami, UCLA, Oregon, Georgia, Nebraska, Arkansas, Fl St, Mich St, Miss St, Ks St, TCU, Baylor, Iowa St, WV come after him?

Not one blue blood. Not one next tier. Not his alma mater Not even uo or stoops as they chose Lincoln.

Apr 7, 2006
His D is enjoyable when it’s dicking down the other team.

Yep, there’s a reason why he has turned down every HC offer until now. And it’s not the reason you think it is.

His antics have endeared him to an entire fan base (two of them actually) and OU’s players are visibly excited about it. But it’s also possible you know better than they do.

We are every excited. Or are we sad? You tell me.
Of course you're excited. Spencer Rattler was also gonna win the Heisman, then Caleb Williams, then Riley was sabotaging the season all along. The SEC was a homerun and it wasn't.

You're fanbase is delusional and doesn't know what is good or bad. Whatever is happening now is always the best thing around until it isn't.

If you were hiring a DC I'd agree that BV is a homerun. You aren't. This is a meh hire that was probably a second choice (explaining the timing). May work out for 5 or 6 years. Time will tell. He's not likely to achieve at the level of the rest of that list (prior OU coaches) just because of where he's going and the instability he's walking into.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor

Yep, there’s a reason why he has turned down every HC offer until now. And it’s not the reason you think it is.

His antics have endeared him to an entire fan base (two of them actually) and OU’s players are visibly excited about it. But it’s also possible you know better than they do.

Welllll, he did go in dry on your team SEVERAL times didn't he

jnewtont

Territorial Marshal
Oct 18, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
The guy is an emotional lunatic. Clemson literally assigned a coach to hold him back during games. Is that the mature leadership your program needs at this time?
Images of Bo Pelini come to mind.
We might be in for an enjoyable next couple of years.
I wonder what the parody Twitter handle will be, because Faux Venables just won't work.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
So you think there are at least 30 better people than him to be a Head coach? Interesting. His clemson players seem to love him. Their fans aren’t happy.

What about him do you find so unappealing?

I’m Very excited. Look at the common thread of the most successful teams in the last decade. Very strong defense. Athletes on defense, and the ability to recruit & develop them. His defense has been top 5 top 10 every year. He sends players to the nfl. Going to be easy to sell him to elite defensive recruits.

I think looking at how the big 12 shook out, we saw just how valuable great defense can be, didnt we?

Guess whose winning the sec? Even with all the new offense, it’s still defense at the end of the day, isn’t it? Michigan laid a big ole shit on Iowa and Ohio state with what? The D.

Why did okie st have the ball 3 times inside the 6 yard line & yet zero touchdowns? The D.

BV gonna bring that D
I hope you enjoy BV's D. (Sorry, too easy)

There's a reason he hasn't been a head coach before. The guy is an emotional lunatic. Clemson literally assigned a coach to hold him back during games. Is that the mature leadership your program needs at this time? And if he tempers that fire to stay within the lines is he the same coach?

Should be fun to watch it play out. Once again, good luck!
Yeah, those sideline antics are actually dumbed down because he has a boss on the field. Now that he’s the boss, I put the over/under on sideline penalties next year at 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Hilarious. It ends up being Venables after all. Sooners thought they had a shot at some real coaches and get stuck with him.

They'll try to spin it but this is a disaster for Joe C and the OU leadership. Can't wait to hear how great he's gonna be from Dean and the local media.
Hearing the call to Fickell didn’t go well for JC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 8, 2013
Houston

That's awesome! More people than Boone stadium can seat!

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

Of course you're excited. Spencer Rattler was also gonna win the Heisman, then Caleb Williams, then Riley was sabotaging the season all along. The SEC was a homerun and it wasn't.

You're fanbase is delusional and doesn't know what is good or bad. Whatever is happening now is always the best thing around until it isn't.

If you were hiring a DC I'd agree that BV is a homerun. You aren't. This is a meh hire that was probably a second choice (explaining the timing). May work out for 5 or 6 years. Time will tell. He's not likely to achieve at the level of the rest of that list (prior OU coaches) just because of where he's going and the instability he's walking into.
Well, yeah, we’re excited. No amount of moping by sad cowboys is going to change that for us! And if he hires Lebby, boy howdy, Hot Dog, what a hell of a combo! Especially with an upgrade on the strength coach. This is exactly what OU needs to transition to the sec

Let’s gooooo !!!

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
That's awesome! More people than Boone stadium can seat!
is it embarrassing that we beat your arse in our "little stadium" and your coach left you for USC which only won four games, your "Heisman" candidate is in the portal and you have "Stooped" to hiring an OC formerly from Baylor whom covered up rape for his daddy in law, Art Briles? Can't blame you, I'd be pissed as well.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
is it embarrassing that we beat your arse in our "little stadium" and your coach left you for USC which only won four games, your "Heisman" candidate is in the portal and you have "Stooped" to hiring an OC formerly from Baylor whom covered up rape for his daddy in law, Art Briles? Can't blame you, I'd be pissed as well.
No, this past Saturday was embarrassing, it was the B12 Championship! Embarrassing is having the ball 1st and goal on the 3 and no cigar! LOL

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
No, this past Saturday was embarrassing, it was the B12 Championship! Embarrassing is having the ball 1st and goal on the 3 and no cigar! LOL
Not nearly as embarrassing as hiring a guy who hid RAPE. Good riddance, glad you are leaving to a conference that cheats, overlooks and advocates rape and battery of women, just like your school. You guys are indeed a perfect fit...I bet you are proud.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Not nearly as embarrassing as hiring a guy who hid RAPE. Good riddance, glad you are leaving to a conference that cheats, overlooks and advocates rape and battery of women, just like your school. You guys are indeed a perfect fit...I bet you are proud.

Baylor graduate to file lawsuit claiming coaches failed to act on report of assault by player | Baylor | wacotrib.com
Now Rack, let's be practical. Everyone know the womens are there to aid the football in the Nation of Goon.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
That reminds me...you lost to Baylor also...by 13 and were no where near winning the game in the end as you were down two scores...enjoy the Alamo Bowl...just try not to rape anyone...

But hey...if you do, maybe your new OC will cover it up for ya.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Well, yeah, we’re excited. No amount of moping by sad cowboys is going to change that for us! And if he hires Lebby, boy howdy, Hot Dog, what a hell of a combo! Especially with an upgrade on the strength coach. This is exactly what OU needs to transition to the sec

Let’s gooooo !!!
Somehow the hiring of Lebby and a woman clapping don't go together...maybe a girl who was rapped and now has clap that he covered up for his Daddy in Law Art Briles...but never a girl clapping. :facepalm: But you be you toker.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor

Let’s gooooo !!!
I'm with Rack, your gif is kinda creepy when celebrating a former Briles coach