OU coach gone: official

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
You are right, but take this into consideration before you think Riley is the only scumbag in this deal:
1. The goon mouthpieces have been on Riley all year, they have openly said harsh stuff. (You get paid $7,200,000 not enough to leave)
2. They chose to go to the SEC. (Not enough to leave)
3. Your AD appears to be hovering around your program, reference who instantly appears at Baylor when Riley is having his meltdown (WTH, why isn't he up in a suite)
4. The admin wants to negotiate about what is necessary going to the SEC ( WTH, is the gooner nation broke?)
5. The admin is telling you that you must win in the SEC like you have in the Big XII. (Ruh Ro)
6. You know who's head is gonna roll is you don't win in the SEC (his name doesn't have a J, O or E in the first name)
7. You just watched your admin throw over 100 years of tradition, business and political relationships away and say it's just business. (Not a good indication of fidelity with the Coach Log)

I'm getting the heck out of dodge. I wouldn't have lied to everyone, but I don't think waiting around for the Joe's to meet your demands is very smart either.

8. Friend of mine who has season tickets by OU ramp told me the game before the Red River Rivalry that Riley stopped in his tracks looked up to the fans that was screaming obscenities at him. My friend said some of the words were extreme and the look on Riley face was like he is fed up with them.

Dec 9, 2013
Ch5 in OKC just had a story that Caleb Williams will enter the portal but is waiting on officially to see who the new coach is.

So even if he stays this can’t help keep others or recruiting.

Aug 19, 2006
Last edited:

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Ch5 in OKC just had a story that Caleb Williams will enter the portal but is waiting on officially to see who the new coach is.

So even if he stays this can’t help keep others or recruiting.
If he was 100% portal bound, he'd be gone by now. But he wants to stay and there's a very good chance he does stay. Unless of course, JC fails on this hire, which he wont.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
I would have to hope if I didn’t have any sort of faith in the intelligence of the leadership of Joe Castiglione & stoops. I’d be real concerned if I was Iowa State or some other similar level program though
Why would you be concerned if you were Iowa State. If they grab him that would mean everyone on OU's hire list said no. Guy has stated winning the conference isn't his goal. OU doesn't want that attitude to lead them into the future.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I would have to hope if I didn’t have any sort of faith in the intelligence of the leadership of Joe Castiglione & stoops. I’d be real concerned if I was Iowa State or some other similar level program though
Why would you be concerned if you were Iowa State. If they grab him that would mean everyone on OU's hire list said no. Guy has stated winning the conference isn't his goal. OU doesn't want that attitude to lead them into the future.

Because Iowa State is an example of a lower tier program that doesn’t have the same appeal. OU is different. They can do better than Mendenhall

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
The goal in goonerville now is participation trophies just like most of the SEC

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
We’ve been hearing on this board for 4 days there are ongoing negotiations. So are we to believe they are either (a) negotiating with someone that’s playing this weekend, or (b) someone that’s not playing this weekend but can’t pull the trigger in time to save a recruiting class and mass transfers?

Or is OU or our secret source or both just getting played?

Is it just me or is anyone else getting the sense the job at OU just might not be as attractive as the zeros think it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk