OU coach gone: official

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
my uo fans and many others on social media just cannot comprehend how anyone would willingly leave uo...and now it seems they are frustrated that a new HC has not been named yet.... why isn't there a line of coaches knocking down the door to be at uo?....lol

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
my uo fans and many others on social media just cannot comprehend how anyone would willingly leave uo...and now it seems they are frustrated that a new HC has not been named yet.... why isn't there a line of coaches knocking down the door to be at uo?....lol
According to insiders there's more private interest by unexpected names than you know. Enough so that they wanted to evaluate those possibilities before offering BV.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
According to insiders there's more private interest by unexpected names than you know. Enough so that they wanted to evaluate those possibilities before offering BV.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Yeah. They are looking to see if there is smoke to the saban stuff.
He's one of a list of maybe 1-3 coaches that would be worth bragging about or taking time to evaluate the possibilities on before moving on to a more realistic candidate like BV. I wouldnt be shocked but i'd be very surprised if OU got anyone like that. But if BV was 100% their guy, he'd probably have been hired by now. So it feels like there could be very well be interest by unexpected names but insiders wont spill the beans just yet. They are usually more right than not

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
I feel like the only hire that MIGHT be realistic and would be Dabo Swinney. That would be a huge hire and definitely would stop the bleeding. And he'd likely bring venables with him which would help.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
I feel like the only hire that MIGHT be realistic and would be Dabo Swinney. That would be a huge hire and definitely would stop the bleeding. And he'd likely bring venables with him which would help.
I could see that, taking over OU as it transitions to the SEC could be a step up. Probably the only other step up is Bama or NFL.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Dabo isn't going near Norman. He has struggled at Clemson lately. Not sure he is ready for the Gooner pressure.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
I could see that, taking over OU as it transitions to the SEC could be a step up. Probably the only other step up is Bama or NFL.
It's the only one that kind of sort of makes sense if Swinney maybe feels the magical run might be coming to an end at Clemson? And I don't know that Swinney would want to try and pick up the pieces at uo right as they are headed to the SEC.

Dabo isn't going near Norman. He has struggled at Clemson lately. Not sure he is ready for the Gooner pressure.
It's the only massive hire that ou even has a shot at...even if it's a shot in the dark. I'd be stunned if he came to Norman.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
He's one of a list of maybe 1-3 coaches that would be worth bragging about or taking time to evaluate the possibilities on before moving on to a more realistic candidate like BV. I wouldnt be shocked but i'd be very surprised if OU got anyone like that. But if BV was 100% their guy, he'd probably have been hired by now. So it feels like there could be very well be interest by unexpected names but insiders wont spill the beans just yet. They are usually more right than not
There is huge smoke with saban. Huge.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
I remember when insiders said BV was going to be hired and announced at 3pm yesterday. You told me I fell for an internet rumor. Looks like you're falling for any even bigger one. :lol:

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
I remember when insiders said BV was going to be hired and announced at 3pm yesterday. You told me I fell for an internet rumor. Looks like you're falling for any even bigger one. :lol:
You know Joe C said you would not believe some of the interest they have. He dangled that carrot and people are chasing it. Its brilliant, recruits and players think it is a huge hire. All the while Joe C is checking the balance in the checkbook.