OSU's Year in Sports 2021-22

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
The Oasis
redcircle.com
I love to win and hate to lose. I walked out of Jerry’s World as mad as I was when we ran Nate Simmons up the middle against NU at Arrowhead. I was also so frustrated at Boynton and MBB.

But at the end of the day as a family we celebrated a fun night against TCU. An unbelievable once in a lifetime night at BPS against uo. An ok day at the Big12 game. And a great week in Phoenix w an even greater win against ND. Basketball as frustrating as it was was fun to return to as was wrestling. Going to games at O’brate on Sunday’s w the family was a blast and spending the regional weekend w my son at O’Brate and watching those 2 games on Sunday was as fun a day as I’ve had at the ballpark. For our family going to OSU sports events together w 3 generations is what it’s about. For those reasons the year was an A for me. But most are.
Thank you for this post. This is the first time I’ve been able to be a season ticket holder for Cowboy Baseball since 2015. Being able to take my 3 year old daughter and wife to about 7 or 8 games this year was so much fun. As most know on here, I enjoy watching baseball above all else. Going and seeing high quality baseball in that ballpark and enjoying family is what it’s really all about. This year was a great one for me just because of that.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I love to win and hate to lose. I walked out of Jerry’s World as mad as I was when we ran Nate Simmons up the middle against NU at Arrowhead. I was also so frustrated at Boynton and MBB.

But at the end of the day as a family we celebrated a fun night against TCU. An unbelievable once in a lifetime night at BPS against uo. An ok day at the Big12 game. And a great week in Phoenix w an even greater win against ND. Basketball as frustrating as it was was fun to return to as was wrestling. Going to games at O’brate on Sunday’s w the family was a blast and spending the regional weekend w my son at O’Brate and watching those 2 games on Sunday was as fun a day as I’ve had at the ballpark. For our family going to OSU sports events together w 3 generations is what it’s about. For those reasons the year was an A for me. But most are.
You nailed it. The year has been fun. They get an A from me as well.

Dec 9, 2013
Thank you for this post. This is the first time I’ve been able to be a season ticket holder for Cowboy Baseball since 2015. Being able to take my 3 year old daughter and wife to about 7 or 8 games this year was so much fun. As most know on here, I enjoy watching baseball above all else. Going and seeing high quality baseball in that ballpark and enjoying family is what it’s really all about. This year was a great one for me just because of that.
Don’t get me wrong. I love the look backs and individual grades on the first page. It really shows the impact all of our sports have on us. I think that’s what sets us apart and I love that. We deal w a handicap situation in our family and have been unable to go to Allie P and can’t go to cowgirl softball. O’Brate has been a game changer for us. We love going to the Sunday games. And w my son getting ready to move out of state, the regional weekend even though it had too much bacon, was a really great weekend.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It was an A in football...an inch from an A+
Basketball was a C...at highest...I love coach but it's yet to come together...maybe next year
Wrestling was a D at best...we have to do something, our best sport is no longer our best sport, not even close actually.
Baseball was a B+...we got beat but it was by a very very good Arkie team who may win the whole thing...time will tell...but we need to be a program like they are and attract an average of 10K a game. As it is we are like 10th in the country in draw, which is VERY good.
Softball was an A...finished what? 3rd in the country? Awesome good.

I actually didn't have time to pay much attention to everything else so I won't rate them, but I will say overall it was an A or high B for the department, we were in the hunt in nearly every sport and that's what you ask for...we keep staying in the hunt and we will get it done in time. Go Pokes!