OSU vs UAPB is sold out!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
From looking at the available seats on the OkState ticket site there are only around 800 tickets remaining. This should be our first sellout season ever or under the Gundy era.

Everyone always claimed if OSU puts together winning seasons, ticket sales and support will follow. How many sellout season are needed before ticket demand will require expansion, such as an upper deck? Will there be a waiting lists for season tickets and demand will justify upper deck expansion.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2006
USA
Soooo despite the thread title they’re not sold out?

Seriously though, the social media team has been fantastic this summer. Of course coming off an incredible year and being ranked 11/12 preseason doesn’t hurt! This week they’ll continue to make a big push to get the new freshmen to buy their all sports pass (returning student tickets automatically renew) and I think we may have a new record number.

Last edited:

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Since everything I read says it's all about TV viewers in the realignment scramble, I propose we shrink the stadium to seat 25 so everyone else has to watch it on TV.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Soooo despite the threat title they’re not sold out?

Seriously though, the social media team has been fantastic this summer. Of course coming off an incredible year and being ranked 11/12 preseason doesn’t hurt! This week they’ll continue to make a big push to get the new freshmen to buy their all sports pass (returning student tickets automatically renew) and I think we may have a new record number.
How would it not be sold out with so little number of seats available with many being single seats?

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
I would imagine we'd need to sell out for at least a decade or so. In order to win over enough casual fans in the state, we'd probably even need a national title. Multiple CFP's at least.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
We had 60,000 seats after the 2009 renovation and now we have 56,000. With the current 40 million renovation with widening seats and adding aisles it will go down to 55,000. If we win a National Championship this year would we begin selling out yearly or do we need to win multiple National Championships to get more fans?

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
We had 60,000 seats after the 2009 renovation and now we have 56,000. With the current 40 million renovation with widening seats and adding aisles it will go down to 55,000. If we win a National Championship this year would we begin selling out yearly or do we need to win multiple National Championships to get more fans?
I don't know that we'd have to actually win multiple. We'd have to compete for CFP appearances on a yearly basis IMO.

Oregon briefly reached that level but didn't sustain it. They didn't expand (not sure if Autzen can be expanded).

The problem for OSU is that the vast majority of casual football fans in the state root for OU. They have a bigger brand and more success on the field. People want to root for the best teams because it makes them feel like winners.

OSU will need to get to the point where they start winning over a large portion of those casual fans from OU. I think that's something that takes decades.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
I don't know that we'd have to actually win multiple. We'd have to compete for CFP appearances on a yearly basis IMO.

Oregon briefly reached that level but didn't sustain it. They didn't expand (not sure if Autzen can be expanded).

The problem for OSU is that the vast majority of casual football fans in the state root for OU. They have a bigger brand and more success on the field. People want to root for the best teams because it makes them feel like winners.

OSU will need to get to the point where they start winning over a large portion of those casual fans from OU. I think that's something that takes decades.

With OU moving to the SEC they could be mediocre averaging 7-8 wins per season so they will be like Nebraska. OSU on the other hand will be winning 10-12 per year in the new Big 12 so we should attract more fans in the near future.

Last edited:

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I just loved the way old GIA was, you felt on top of the floor!
I miss that too, but I don't think you build with the worst of times in mind. If not for a series of bad events GIA could very well have seemed more appropriate in size for out needs, and hopefully still will.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I'd love to expand BPS, but in this era when all games are available in TV in some form, and TV's are getting to be routinely the size of a full size mattress, it's getting hard for many schools to fill up the stands.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Oklahoma population is growing significantly and now over 4 million with over a million people in OKC and suburbs. Since 2009 when TBP was renovated the Oklahoma population has increased and it is hard to find housing even with ongoing building of houses. Most of the people moving here do not have ties to OSU or OU. OSU is a sleeping giant and if we begin winning Big 12 Championships we will get CCF selections requiring the upper deck due to attendance demands.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Oklahoma population is growing significantly and now over 4 million with over a million people in OKC and suburbs. Since 2009 when TBP was renovated the Oklahoma population has close to doubled and it is hard to find housing even with ongoing building of houses. Most of the people moving here do not have ties to OSU or OU. OSU is a sleeping giant and if we begin winning Big 12 Championships we will get CCF selections.
I don’t know what you’re smoking but I want some.

The population of Oklahoma:
2009 3,687,050
2022 4,018,931

So yeah the population has grown since 2009 but not double… like 9%.