OSU vs Texas Tech game thread Thursday

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 2, 2008
SC
What exactly is the offense they are running? It doesn’t resemble anything other than Sunday afternoon old man pick up ball. There’s absolutely noooo structure.

ArizonaPoke

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 25, 2011
What exactly is the offense they are running? It doesn’t resemble anything other than Sunday afternoon old man pick up ball. There’s absolutely noooo structure.
I guess the strategy is to have no approach. That way when the other team Scouts us they have no defensive plan because they don’t understand our offensive plan.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
I guess the strategy is to have no approach. That way when the other team Scouts us they have no defensive plan because they don’t understand our offensive plan.
Their defensive plan is to let us shoot because we are awful at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
I’d really like to see what we practice. Because again, we are not good at anything.

I have not been watching the game as I refuse to buy the over rated and under performing ESPN+. However, by looking at the stat line, Tech had attempted more shots than us(48 to 36) with a much higher percentage of makes…47% vs 33%…which validates that we have no offensive sets. We either take bad shots…mostly three’s or no shot empty possessions.

This is a completely wasted season. However, it would be great to see improvement with our inside guys shooting more…better shot selection, more passing less dribbling, reduced turnovers, much improved free three shooting, and buzzer to buzzer defensive effort. Really everything!!

Unfortunately, with Boynton as coach, I’m afraid next year at this time we’ll be seeing the same things. Hope not but history and current performance doesn’t give me a good feeling.

Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
Andersons a confidence is way below sea level. Such a shame because he could be such a productive player.
I agree that he could be a much better player. He has so much potential. However I disagree that he lacks confidence. He is confident enough to drive to the basket at every opportunity, he just doesn‘t show good judgment when that might not be the best thing to do…which usually leads to turnovers. So it’s either lack of coaching or lack of listening to coaches…or both. Again, its been that way going on year 3 now. Coach should be able fix his issues…he has regressed much like ICE.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Can’t hit FTs can’t hit shots. Game after game. Same issues. Can not even drive in. What has happened to this team?
Well to start you have a pg that can’t make a shot outside 5 feet. So there is basically no lane to dive into. Arguably our best player apparently doesn’t even play.

ArizonaPoke

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 25, 2011
This game is disheartening. There are just too many negatives that have been ongoing and show no improvement. I know Boynton teams have gotten stronger as the season progresses, but I don’t see that this year.