OSU vs Pittsburgh Wrestling

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 10, 2004
Stillwater
At this point I dont care if Joe or G come back.Hone and Shomers are hustlers who may not be blessed with as much talent but grind.I am not sure if Shomers cant make 157 or maybe he cant beat Sheets.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
It looks like we have wrestlers at every weight ranging from very competitive to outright dominant except heavyweight. Do we have anything in the works for that weight? Incoming freshman, potential transfer, anything?

You’d think a school that had heavyweights like Jimmy Jackson, Tom Erickson, Steve Mocco and Derek White could at least field a wrestler that wasn’t an automatic loss just hoping to avoid a pin.

Is help on the way?

Sep 3, 2019
Stillwater, Ok
It looks like we have wrestlers at every weight ranging from very competitive to outright dominant except heavyweight. Do we have anything in the works for that weight? Incoming freshman, potential transfer, anything?

You’d think a school that had heavyweights like Jimmy Jackson, Tom Erickson, Steve Mocco and Derek White could at least field a wrestler that wasn’t an automatic loss just hoping to avoid a pin.
Is help on the way?
There’s a transfer that we’re try to bring in next year.
We’ll have Konner Doucet in 2020 and Kyle Haas in 2021.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
You’d think a school that had heavyweights like Jimmy Jackson
One of my heroes. The great Jimmy Jackson passed away in 2008 from complications of diabetes. He was only 51.

Interestingly, neither he or Chris Taylor of Iowa State would be able to wrestle heavyweight now without losing weight because of the 280 pound limit. Chris Taylor passed away in 1979 and was only 29 years old. He was a mountain of a man.

I think there ought to be a weight class with no limit. If you want to walk out on the mat at 412 pounds like Taylor, so be it. There also ought to be a 220 pound class in college.