oSu VS. K State Pushed to ESPN+

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
I'll admit that the baseball and softball coverage are the main reasons I subscribe. For the occasional EPSN+ football games, I can catch those elsewhere without a subscription. I've found it to be well worth the cost especially the amount of sports coverage in the November - June timeframe.

You have to remember that with that much coverage across all collegiate sports they'll pretty much let anyone into the broadcast booth. The last KSU series in baseball had a former player in the booth who was a complete jackass.
They also had Branden Weeden do color for the Missouri State game, I actually really liked his commentary for the game, was very insighful on the plays and gave you a good break down too.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Not good for our fans or their fans, unless you plan to attend. The country is not in full stream mode. Hurts recruiting. Plus, we'll not able to be arm chair QBs unless we purchase

Can they do this to MBB also?
I thought all you young whipper snappers were cord cutters? Don’t all the cool kids stream?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
In my 50's and I stream everything.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Don't usually agree with Traber but he hit it when he said that no one outside of Stillwater cares about OSU. We are not as attractive as we like to think we are.
The TV viewership was posted on here several times that showed we are 3rd in the Big 12. If Traber thought his job was to give accurate info and not just anger people he would know better.

You should know better.

Aug 7, 2006
That's horrible! ESPN is pimping their subscription based services at the expense of OSU and the league.
Pretty sure your contract with Bally Sports is up after this season and I've heard they don't want to extend it. Though, that was before all the SEC talk. So, maybe they're okay with a shorter term deal now. If not and you're not in the SEC next season, I'm betting you'll get the full + experience. Though, you could argue paying $5 to watch the Kent State or UTEP game is a better deal than PPV prices to watch Western Carolina.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Pretty sure your contract with Bally Sports is up after this season and I've heard they don't want to extend it. Though, that was before all the SEC talk. So, maybe they're okay with a shorter term deal now. If not and you're not in the SEC next season, I'm betting you'll get the full + experience. Though, you could argue paying $5 to watch the Kent State or UTEP game is a better deal than PPV prices to watch Western Carolina.
You better believe OU would still have the annual PPV game.

Aug 7, 2006
You better believe OU would still have the annual PPV game.
Maybe, depends on what happens to your 3rd tier rights. Maybe ESPN makes your 3rd tier football game an ESPN+ PPV event like they do UFC. Would be smart for them to make you have to subscribe to ESPN+ and then pay $30+ to watch a terrible game.

Oct 30, 2007
I don't understand how ESPN is doing this. Hopefully they're paying us extra, because they aren't supposed to broadcast more than one of our games per season on ESPN+.

https://apnews.com/article/ecd675b1f70d4d1abd377aa53f495926
New ESPN deal with Big 12 lands 3 football title games
The deal calls for each school, except Texas and Oklahoma, to have one football game per season exclusively shown on ESPN+, starting in 2020. Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State and Oklahoma State will have football games on ESPN+ starting this season and Iowa State, West Virginia. TCU and Texas Tech will join them in 2020.