oSu VS. K State Pushed to ESPN+

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 5, 2020
OKC
Not good for our fans or their fans, unless you plan to attend. The country is not in full stream mode. Hurts recruiting. Plus, we'll not able to be arm chair QBs unless we purchase

Can they do this to MBB also?

Aug 16, 2012
Not good for our fans or their fans, unless you plan to attend. The country is not in full stream mode. Hurts recruiting. Plus, we'll not able to be arm chair QBs unless we purchase

So now the question you have to answer is why they pushed it. After two underwhelming wins....

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
At some point one has to wonder if this is on purpose... ESPN throwing a temper tantrum because the big 12 didn't just let ou and ut leave without a fight. 4 of our 9 games were on + last week, I don't know about week 1 but ours was and I don't know about this week.

Not only is our tv contract going to be worse but we'll also get the privilege of paying more to watch it.

Sep 23, 2010
Not only is our tv contract going to be worse but we'll also get the privilege of paying more to watch it.
I know that we are accustomed to seeing most of our games without paying for a streaming service. But ESPNPlus is very cheap for the year to get several OSU games (Football and basketball) throughout the year. So I can't complain about the costs of streaming.

If we want to be upset about how this might affect recruiting, then I understand.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
With the lineup that week it should definitely be ISU vs Baylor and TCU vs SMU. Though it would be great if we could choose and make every OU and UT game be on ESPN+

EDIT: Best case scenario for OSU and KSU is that we both win this week and have a battle of undefeated teams that ESPN is putting on their crap channel.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
The B12 contract require 2 ESPN+ games per team…they can’t all be against FCS and KU
If that is true, it's an utter shame! Outside of our one PPV game (our choice), I don't recall any games not being nationally televised. Is the ESPN+ coverage on top of a national broadcast or in place of?

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
If that is true, it's an utter shame! Outside of our one PPV game (our choice), I don't recall any games not being nationally televised. Is the ESPN+ coverage on top of a national broadcast or in place of?
It was part of the expanded media deal in 2019 that created Big 12 Now, UT and OU were exempt due to separate existing contacts in place with Fox (OU) and LHN.

Jun 20, 2013
With the lineup that week it should definitely be ISU vs Baylor and TCU vs SMU. Though it would be great if we could choose and make every OU and UT game be on ESPN+

EDIT: Best case scenario for OSU and KSU is that we both win this week and have a battle of undefeated teams that ESPN is putting on their crap channel.
Agree with this. No way should a conference game be relegated to an unwatched channel.

Subscribers by number:
espn+ 14.6Mil
BeIn Sports US 14.8Mil
HBO max 67 Mil
disney+ 116Mil
Amazon Video 175Mil
Outdoor Channel 10Mil

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I know that we are accustomed to seeing most of our games without paying for a streaming service. But ESPNPlus is very cheap for the year to get several OSU games (Football and basketball) throughout the year. So I can't complain about the costs of streaming.

If we want to be upset about how this might affect recruiting, then I understand.
That doesn't make it any more palatable to me. I am paying more than I normally would to watch something that they will soon be paying less to broadcast. Just rubs me the wrong way. Then again, I'll be at the KSU game so I guess it really doesn't affect me. Although it would be nice if streaming meant fewer commercials so I could get home before midnight.

Sep 23, 2010
That doesn't make it any more palatable to me. I am paying more than I normally would to watch something that they will soon be paying less to broadcast. Just rubs me the wrong way. Then again, I'll be at the KSU game so I guess it really doesn't affect me. Although it would be nice if streaming meant fewer commercials so I could get home before midnight.
The issue is a bit different for football because the past 10 years almost every game has made some kind of broadcast (although not always nationally when we were fox regional). But there were a lot of basketball games that didn't make TV before, so I was happy when the ESPN plus feature was added because it meant I was going to be able to watch even the obscure games. $70/year to insure I have the chance to watch every OSU football and basketball game felt pretty good to me. I am more of basketball guy, so I use the ESPN plus for other games and USA basketball games for U19 and what not.

Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater

It is pretty nice actually, been able to watch plenty of football and basketball, but I have also seen alot of baseball, softball and even some tennis and wrestling too.

Sep 6, 2014

You also get almost all of our baseball games. It costs like 5 bucks for ESPN +, absolutely worth it and is a steal of a deal for all the content that is available on it.

Sep 23, 2010
Yeah. If I kept up with the baseball, it would be even better. It's been a really great service to have. And the technology for streaming has improved a lot in the past five years, or the user has gotten a lot smarter how to use it.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Yeah. If I kept up with the baseball, it would be even better. It's been a really great service to have. And the technology for streaming has improved a lot in the past five years, or the user has gotten a lot smarter how to use it.
I'll admit that the baseball and softball coverage are the main reasons I subscribe. For the occasional EPSN+ football games, I can catch those elsewhere without a subscription. I've found it to be well worth the cost especially the amount of sports coverage in the November - June timeframe.

You have to remember that with that much coverage across all collegiate sports they'll pretty much let anyone into the broadcast booth. The last KSU series in baseball had a former player in the booth who was a complete jackass.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

I thought all you young whipper snappers were cord cutters? Don’t all the cool kids stream?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
It is pretty nice actually, been able to watch plenty of football and basketball, but I have also seen alot of baseball, softball and even some tennis and wrestling too.
I love ESPN+ - I get to see more wrestling, baseball and softball. But we got ours in the Disney, Hulu, ESPN+ bundle which doesn't hurt as bad as just paying for ESPN.:D