OSU vs BYU Baseball Thu-Sat Series

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
7-6. Have no idea what the expectation for this team should be. I guess at this point making a regional. For his best team, to be 7-6 at this point is a huge disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Martin pops out. BYU wins 8-6
Very disappointing loss. Left a pitcher in too long then couldn’t string enough hits together to get the lead back.

Doubled up their hits and couldn’t beat them.

Another loss to a team with less talent. They are making a habit of this.

Yep. It’s either we can’t hit or we get a Walton special. Going on multiple years now.

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
7-6. Have no idea what the expectation for this team should be. I guess at this point making a regional. For his best team, to be 7-6 at this point is a huge disappointment.

My best guess this team will feast on a few big 12 cupcakes but really struggle against Texas, tech, TCU, and OU. I hope to be wrong but we will play much better teams than byu and Gonzaga most weekends in the big 12. Hosting a regional should be the expectation every year. This fan base deserves it with the new stadium. But I just don’t see it right now and would love to be wrong.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008

My best guess this team will feast on a few big 12 cupcakes but really struggle against Texas, tech, TCU, and OU. I hope to be wrong but we will play much better teams than byu and Gonzaga most weekends in the big 12. Hosting a regional should be the expectation every year. This fan base deserves it with the new stadium. But I just don’t see it right now and would love to be wrong.
I agree. That’s why I never got on board with the “Gonzaga has 3 stud starters”. What do those who say that think we will see most every weekend in conference play.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
They can save the week and get back on track by winning the next 2. But my confidence level is pretty low. I got on the radio late, did Josh have anything to say?

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Josh's first few teams had such a bulldog mentality. If they lost a close game or failed to produce in a key situation, it was surprising--because they battled and battled and very often found a way to win. I just haven't seen that mentality from OSU baseball in a while. The last season and a half, you expect them to find a way to lose, and are surprised if they come through when needed.

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
Josh's first few teams had such a bulldog mentality. If they lost a close game or failed to produce in a key situation, it was surprising--because they battled and battled and very often found a way to win. I just haven't seen that mentality from OSU baseball in a while. The last season and a half, you expect them to find a way to lose, and are surprised if they come through when needed.
Yes it’s a trend that can’t be ignored.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
They can save the week and get back on track by winning the next 2. But my confidence level is pretty low. I got on the radio late, did Josh have anything to say?

He hasn't come up to talk. Don't think he is going to.
Oh.

At this point do you put Mendham at first jake at dh and try another outfielder? Trenkle is basically an auto out. Although offense isn’t why we lost this game.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
No post game interview.
Disappointing. I’d be interested in hearing what he had to say. The post game discussions by coach ward were fascinating to listen to growing up.
Give credit to the kid for putting a good swing on the ball, etc. which is fine he still had to hit it out and deserves credit for that. But I’d like to hear him acknowledge they left a pitcher too long, for once. And that’s what cost them the game.

Mederos should have left that game feeling good. A bad first and then a dominant 4 innings that allowed us to take the lead. Instead when he’s clearly struggling they leave him out there. That’s on them.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Oh.

At this point do you put Mendham at first jake at dh and try another outfielder? Trenkle is basically an auto out.

He's so good in CF though. Hard to take that glove away.
That’s what makes it very difficult. If they can consistently hit I agree leave him there.

Last edited:

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
A frustrating first 13 games to say the least. They desperately need to win the next 2.

Not nearly as good as we’d hoped. Doesn’t mean they can’t get there, just not there right now.

You don’t get to Omaha in month 1 but you can definitely make your path much more difficult.