OSU Equipment Manager at Bedlam

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Saw this on facebook. Anyone know anything more about this?

This is my son, an OSU Equipment Manager. OU has a decades "old" tradition of catching the opponents kicker football, then tossing it out of the stadium. I've witnessed it, if you've been to a game you've seen it. My son was booed last night by OU fans on the jumbotron for retrieving the OSU football, then quite frankly 5 grown adult men (OU fans)... tried to steal the football out of the hands of DJ. They lost that battle, and DJ came back with the ball, but has a broken rib and several others bruised, before he really new what happened. Thank you to the other managers than ran to his side. This job goes back decades of equipment managers for OSU and any college for that matter that plays there. Back to when my husband was an Equipment Manager at OSU.

OU fans: if you where there and booed my son, unfriend me, if you were there and saw this, message me. If you agree this should stop then share this post. When a young OSU student doing his job gets hurt over a football tradition that quite frankly seems childish, it's time for change.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Why can’t they use nets like other stadium to catch the ball? I assume it has to with w age and setup of the stadium.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Hey Rob and Andy? You’re neglecting a thread you did a lot of talking in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course you don't address the behavior of the sh!t bag goons that attacked our equipment manager. I'd expect no less hypocrisy out of you after your cried for years and years about the cheerleader phantom trip and the alleged turkey leg toss.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Why can’t they use nets like other stadium to catch the ball? I assume it has to with w age and setup of the stadium.
They like visiting teams co-mingling with their trash fans. That way the other team knows who they're mething with.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Believe it or not, I’m not THAT fan. While funny, I always thought the throw the football out of the stadium thing was pretty stupid.

I don’t yell Boomer Sooner in public. I’ve honestly only done it in the confines of the Cotton Bowl. Threw a Texas Sucks at the end for good measure too.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
Watch the video, genius. You literally see the ball sail past the exact same Allstate hands that are in every stadium.

Watch it again yourself ,idiot. The net is purposefully not raised all the way...the same way it is not for all opponent kicks on that end.