OSU Cowgirls Softball - Women's College World Series

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Nothing. They did nothing. Double play at the top of the order doesn't come through. Good season though. Woulda, coulda, shouldas for the rest of their lives probably.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Fitting way to end. Top of the order grounds into a double play. I’m not sure how FSU even got to this point. They didn’t look like that great of a team. Pitching I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i take it you don't much softball.....despite the batting average....FSU is a top 8 team...elite defense, pitching but they have hitters that can hit....not to mention they won the entire thing in 2018. A lot of those kids can rake, and they can run!!

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Great season no question....but we laid an egg in OKC. Not like they didn't have the talent. Just didn't do the little things as well as your key players not showing up. Pitching did it's job and has carried this team. Offense has been hit and miss and Eberle and Maxwell always bailed them out. At some point it was going to catch up to us...just happened to be in OKC in the biggest stage. Also, way too much hero ball in OKC!!! Don't know why...but oh well...sometimes a little humble pie is good for the soul!

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
Any news on the pitching front? Eberle is going to be hard to replace
On okstate.com

Tatum Clopton
Pitcher | L/R | 5-10
Lawrence, Kan. | Free State

High School: A high-level recruit who was ranked as the No. 7 overall prospect in the nation by FloSoftball, No. 10 in the Extra Inning Softball Elite 100 and No. 11 by Softball America … Two-time Gatorade player of the year in Kansas (2019 and 2020) … Earned first-team all-state honors in both 2018 and 2019 and led Free State to class 6A state titles in both of those seasons … Plays travel softball for the DeMarini Aces … Also played volleyball as a freshman … Mother, Sarah Clopton, pitched at the University of Kansas and was named to the All-Big 12 First Team in 1999.

Personal: Tatum Clopton was born May 21, 2003 … The daughter of Aaron Clopton Sr. and Sarah Clopton … Undecided on a major.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Fitting way to end. Top of the order grounds into a double play. I’m not sure how FSU even got to this point. They didn’t look like that great of a team. Pitching I guess.

i take it you don't much softball.....despite the batting average....FSU is a top 8 team...elite defense, pitching but they have hitters that can hit....not to mention they won the entire thing in 2018. A lot of those kids can rake, and they can run!!
I just haven’t noticed many teams get this far with low to mid 200 hitters. I mean they hit 259 as a team, so I wouldn’t consider that raking. But whatever they do it works for them. Just was surprised to see 220 hitter followed by 230 hitter followed by 270 etc. I was shocked to see their 3 hole hitting 230 and their best hitter at 302. They made a couple errors etc. granted it’s the only game I’ve seen FSU play. That’s just my reaction based on the 1 game.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
End of the day Cowgirls have been to OKC twice in a row. Headed in the right direction. Winning a natty is hard and the stars have to align just right. Wasn’t their year but gotta keep giving yourselves chances and building a program that can go toe to toe with OU

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I just haven’t noticed many teams get this far with low to mid 200 hitters. I mean they hit 259 as a team, so I wouldn’t consider that raking. But whatever they do it works for them. Just was surprised to see 220 hitter followed by 230 hitter followed by 270 etc. I was shocked to see their 3 hole hitting 230 and their best hitter at 302. They made a couple errors etc. granted it’s the only game I’ve seen FSU play. That’s just my reaction based on the 1 game.

Go look at their previous seasons....numbers don't tell the story of their team. Since this is your first time watching....I get why you come to that conclusion. Those who are avid softball fans....FSU is one of the premier teams in the country and a lot of their players are having an off year, but they've been much better at the plate since postseason.

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
Tough pill to swallow knowing they are a better team than what we seen these last few days.

I am proud for what they have succeeded and help build on the foundation that Coach G has set in place.

To the Seniors......Thank you for the cherish memories.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Lost two very winnable games there.
wasnt like last time in WCWS were we were just fortunate to get in.
so making progress

still stings, though