OSU Cowgirls Softball - Women's College World Series

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
The problem is they are punchin Judy hitters who’s game is to hit balls on the ground the other way. That was the last thing we needed. What we needed was a decent fly ball which isn’t their game. But I don’t like the bunt with one out. That was a bad call. With no outs on. But 1 out you gotta swing. He should have pinch hit for the 9 hole once the 8 hole popped out. You’re asking them to change their entire approach to drive in a run clearly it didn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good points. I have always been more partial to moving runners, especially when you have a pitcher that is not comfortable with it. I'm a dinosaur though

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
2 and a half to go but it looks like they will get the OU/UCLA matchup they want but not in the championship game lol. OU gets past Georgia UCLA will be there waiting for them. Sooners got a tough road.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
If there’s a team that is built to come out of the losers bracket....it’s OU. They have the offense. We on the other hand...with our anemic offense..if don’t find a way to put together quality AB’s, string together hits...we be done Saturday by either Arizona or FSU.

Feb 3, 2020
OKC
Yea I think this is more about how well JMU is playing right now. They are making all the plays. Early we were smoking the balls and would have scored a couple of runs if JMU hadn’t made some spectacular plays
Yep, tough one for the Cowgirls... wish they could've pulled it out but JMU came to play.

Oct 30, 2007
So losing game 1 is a HUGE advantage as they all got a day off. This is a really dumb setup. Worst possible route is to go 1-1.

What am I missing?

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
So losing game 1 is a HUGE advantage as they all got a day off. This is a really dumb setup. Worst possible route is to go 1-1.

What am I missing?

They have to play two today to advance while the 1-0 loser only has to play one.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
He is exactly correct. Coach G called the squeeze at the right time and it took an extraordinary effort by a player in a zone we haven't seen since Lisa Fernandez to stop it. The bunt was the right call. Sometimes you get beat doing the right things.
Certainly no problem with calling for the bunt there. I do think you PH for the 8 hole. The problem was the lack of execution. The ONE place you simply cannot bunt the ball in that situation is straight back to the pitcher, especially when she is the best athlete on the team. Its the only place they have any chance to get the out at the plate. Towards 1st or 3rd there is no time to make a play, even with the hesitation, to get the runner.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Bunt was fine. No other pitcher in the WCWS makes that play. Greenlighting Busby on 3-0 was probably the right call, she made a terrible decision though. 7th inning was exciting and full of mishaps from both teams. This team relies on the long ball to score consistently. Agreed just like with Oklahoma it's hurting in the WCWS.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Florida state has the walk off run 60 feet away. Runners at 1st and 3rd 1 out after an Arizona error. We play the winner. Need it to go extras lol

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
Certainly no problem with calling for the bunt there. I do think you PH for the 8 hole. The problem was the lack of execution. The ONE place you simply cannot bunt the ball in that situation is straight back to the pitcher, especially when she is the best athlete on the team. Its the only place they have any chance to get the out at the plate. Towards 1st or 3rd there is no time to make a play, even with the hesitation, to get the runner.
Just who would you put in to PH?