OSU Buildings new to me

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 1, 2011
Houston
I haven't been back to Stillwater for 3-4 years. I was using the Google Earth fly around feature and was trying to figure out the building between Sherman Smith and new BB Stadium that I saw on Okstate.com aerial of stadium construction.. I realized it was the Greenwood tennis center after the fly around. I noticed a couple of buildings I don't know anything about. First a building that looks under construction. The Islamic Society of stillwater. Is this on school property? The other was Northern Oklahoma College. . . what is that? Also will the future Indoor track facility go east of the Track Field? The soccer field must be off the west end of the photo, right? The future Wrestling goes East of GIA, on the old practice field, correct? It seems like i am missing one last piece of the athletic village, am I?

osu-150.jpg

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I haven't been back to Stillwater for 3-4 years. I was using the Google Earth fly around feature and was trying to figure out the building between Sherman Smith and new BB Stadium that I saw on Okstate.com aerial of stadium construction.. I realized it was the Greenwood tennis center after the fly around. I noticed a couple of buildings I don't know anything about. First a building that looks under construction. The Islamic Society of stillwater. Is this on school property? The other was Northern Oklahoma College. . . what is that? Also will the future Indoor track facility go east of the Track Field? The soccer field must be off the west end of the photo, right? The future Wrestling goes East of GIA, on the old practice field, correct? It seems like i am missing one last piece of the athletic village, am I?

View attachment 62141
Islamic society is gone. It is now the new physical plant

superpoke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2005
Orange Country USA
The building marked "Northern Oklahoma College" used to be Cowboy Mall. It is NOC-Stillwater for the time being. Not shown on that image is that just north of the transportation facility and parking garage, a new classroom building is being built for NOC that is scheduled to open this fall.

Also not shown is the new engineering building currently under construction on the west side of the architecture building.

Nothing official has come out about either an indoor track facility or a separate wrestling facility, so locations on those would be educated guesses at best. It's also unclear what might go in the space where Cordell stood (or the adjacent old Power Plant site if/when it comes down), or what will be constructed on the Allie P. site. There's going to have to be a parking garage somewhere.

Looking ahead, I would also think something would start getting kicked around about redoing the softball stadium.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
The building marked "Northern Oklahoma College" used to be Cowboy Mall. It is NOC-Stillwater for the time being. Not shown on that image is that just north of the transportation facility and parking garage, a new classroom building is being built for NOC that is scheduled to open this fall.

Also not shown is the new engineering building currently under construction on the west side of the architecture building.

Nothing official has come out about either an indoor track facility or a separate wrestling facility, so locations on those would be educated guesses at best. It's also unclear what might go in the space where Cordell stood (or the adjacent old Power Plant site if/when it comes down), or what will be constructed on the Allie P. site. There's going to have to be a parking garage somewhere.

Looking ahead, I would also think something would start getting kicked around about redoing the softball stadium.
A close friend of mine has family that is heavily involved in softball and I have heard multiple times that "Oklahoma State has the best facilities."

You would think that would lead to more success on the field, but I would be pretty surprised if that facility gets anything done to it anytime soon.

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
A close friend of mine has family that is heavily involved in softball and I have heard multiple times that "Oklahoma State has the best facilities."
You would think that would lead to more success on the field, but I would be pretty surprised if that facility gets anything done to it anytime soon.
I read that somewhere as well, seems to me it was a remark by AD Holder. I noted that the Greenwoods remodeled there locker room. With the new Coach we have now, it would seem to be a good idea to at the very least do some upgrading to the current stadium.

superpoke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2005
Orange Country USA

I would imagine that OU announcing a brand-new facility that will seat roughly four times our listed capacity (and six, almost seven times our permanent capacity) will change the game on that one. Anything we have that's "the best" won't be after that gets built.

We may have really great team amenities, but after almost 20 years, we still don't have a visitors locker room. We also have the smallest stadium in the conference by far. Softball is very much part of the arms race now, and we're way behind.

Anyway, that's off-topic, and I'll let it rest.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I would imagine that OU announcing a brand-new facility that will seat roughly four times our listed capacity (and six, almost seven times our permanent capacity) will change the game on that one. Anything we have that's "the best" won't be after that gets built.

We may have really great team amenities, but after almost 20 years, we still don't have a visitors locker room. We also have the smallest stadium in the conference by far. Softball is very much part of the arms race now, and we're way behind.

Anyway, that's off-topic, and I'll let it rest.
Well... softball is a lot less important than wrestling or getting an indoor track facility built. Indoor track and field will help us in football recruiting... especially against the likes of Arkansas and Texas A&M.

And, frankly, OU has the rings to justify having the best facilities in that sport. We've had them beat for a while, but can't compete with them on the field... so participating in an arms race with them isn't worth it.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
One more year at Allie P and baseball moves to the new stadium.

I wonder is the Ath Dept is considering moving the bleacher section of the baseball stadium next door to the Softball stadium?

Say elevate the bleachers high so the first row is right at the top of the outfield fence???? Maybe consider making that seating complimentary as a way to bring in more fans?

Just a thought. Why throw away good bleachers???