OSU baseball vs UNO (Thurs-Sat)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Game is cancelled today.

https://twitter.com/OSUBaseball/status/1396090380874047492?s=19

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Once you're 0-2 in a non-con series there's not much to be gained and plenty to lose by going 0-3. I'm sure NO's players are happy with an off day this late in the season. Two wins plus the return of Standlee and Scott is a great weekend for us. 43/flyover/fireworks were a bonus (wish I had been there!).

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Once you're 0-2 in a non-con series there's not much to be gained and plenty to lose by going 0-3. I'm sure NO's players are happy with an off day this late in the season. Two wins plus the return of Standlee and Scott is a great weekend for us. 43/flyover/fireworks were a bonus (wish I had been there!).
Those are definitely the reasons why they did it. And to save arms for next week--but in what other sport do you just cancel a game that can easily be played? It's against the spirit of competition and not a very fan friendly decision. You've got a 70 million dollar facility...and you finally are allowed to have full capacity, and you cancel? If you didn't want to play, don't schedule it. Or even say on Monday or Tuesday that you're only going to play two.

Sep 29, 2015
Omaha
Agree, this is a disappointing move and a bad look. I completely understand why both sides would want to do it and could tell listening to Josh last night on the radio that it was very likely the decision that was going to be made this morning. But looking at twitter and seeing people respond how they had tickets, were looking forward to bringing their kids to the game, etc. just makes it a bad look. I agree, if this was the decision both teams had made let it be known earlier in the week so people could plan accordingly.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Agree, this is a disappointing move and a bad look. I completely understand why both sides would want to do it and could tell listening to Josh last night on the radio that it was very likely the decision that was going to be made this morning. But looking at twitter and seeing people respond how they had tickets, were looking forward to bringing their kids to the game, etc. just makes it a bad look. I agree, if this was the decision both teams had made let it be known earlier in the week so people could plan accordingly.
On the flip side of the coin, with all the injuries this year- Josh may have decided not play to avoid any unnecessary injuries. With a wet field it was certainly possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
On the flip side of the coin, with all the injuries this year- Josh may have decided not play to avoid any unnecessary injuries. With a wet field it was certainly possible.

Are baseball players that fragile?
Nope, but I can certainly see where Josh would want to play it safe with a wet field with a game that means nothing. Opponent is low RPI (147) - OSUs dropped 2 spots after playing them - and his team has had a slew of injuries this year, why take the chance?

As a fan I was disappointed they cancelled, was looking forward to watching/listening to the game. But I understand why Josh would not want to play it.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Nope, but I can certainly see where Josh would want to play it safe with a wet field with a game that means nothing. Opponent is low RPI (147) - OSUs dropped 2 spots after playing them - and his team has had a slew of injuries this year, why take the chance?

As a fan I was disappointed they cancelled, was looking forward to watching/listening to the game. But I understand why Josh would not want to play it.

I get all of that.
I'm pissed as a fan that I planned on taking my kids to the new stadium, for the last chance of this season.
But more than that, when do you just cancel a game out of convenience? It's a Saturday in May not a Tuesday in February. I've never heard of a collegiate sporting event cancelled just because the coaches didn't want to play.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I just don't think a big time D1 baseball program should handle itself that way.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008

I get all of that.
I'm pissed as a fan that I planned on taking my kids to the new stadium, for the last chance of this season.
But more than that, when do you just cancel a game out of convenience? It's a Saturday in May not a Tuesday in February. I've never heard of a collegiate sporting event cancelled just because the coaches didn't want to play.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I just don't think a big time D1 baseball program should handle itself that way.
I agree. It’s a complete joke. If you didn’t want to play them 3 times why would you schedule them for 3 games.