OSU Baseball in Big XII Tournament thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Tadlock in shock with deer in the headlights look. TT needed this game for a regional. Although stadium only looks 1/4 full announcers are saying attendance in the 20,000 range. I guess people bought all session tickets but only attend their team games. Much higher attendance records than at Bricktown. They are saying OU may have stole regional from TT if they get to Sunday game.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Watching Tech play makes me even more sick!!! How in the hell we get swept by these guys? Outside of Birdsell, their pitching sucks and while they can hit, you can contain their offense with solid pitching

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
TT players were getting into if with refs at the end of the game. TCU fans we’re cussing and calling ump names to the point of security needing to intervene and eject TCU fans from the game.

I don’t understand how Texas RPI improves 12 points by win over TCU and OSU loses 2 points after beating by run rule over Baylor.

If we beat TCU and two against Texas and get to final game against TT\OU we should have a RPI in top 10 and have a home regional.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2007
TT players were getting into if with refs at the end of the game. TCU fans we’re cussing and calling ump names to the point of security needing to intervene and eject TCU fans from the game.

I don’t understand how Texas RPI improves 12 points by win over TCU and OSU loses 2 points after beating by run rule over Baylor.

If we beat TCU and two against Texas and get to final game against TT\OU we should have a RPI in top 10 and have a home regional.
This would be awesome.

Do we even have enough pitchers to play these games? I would guess we need about 9 pitchers to have a chance to cover 4 games in three days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 24, 2015
Houston
This would be awesome.

Do we even have enough pitchers to play these games? I would guess we need about 9 pitchers to have a chance to cover 4 games in three days?

This is who we have left. Starters and Bullpen combine. Not having Osmond this weekend makes it a little more difficult.
Stone
Martin
Morrill
Phanskaler
Root
Boguez
Davis
Marsh
McLean
Ure

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
This would be awesome.

Basically nobody has any pitchers left is my understanding from talking to TCU and Texas fans yesterday. We have Stone and Martin with all staff for today and tomorrow. If we make it to Sunday we may have to throw McLean and allstaff is my guess. College baseball team struggle to have two much less to have three to four bonafide starting pitchers and this is why rarely do you have a sweep.

Yesterday… Texas was wanting Gordon to go the distance and he either stretched his knee or hamstring the wrong way and was limping off the field so he could be out for Regionals.

Without Gordon, Texas relievers were awful…. TCU just needed to get some walks but they were trying to hit bad pitches to move runners with bases loaded as umpire was calling pitches in the ground and obviously high pitches strikes.

OU starter was superior and TT struggled until reliever came in the 9th and they hit a two run homer and could have tied it but struck out swinging with a bad pitch.

I wonder if we make it to Sunday if Mederos could pitch with four days rest?

Hopefully we get to Saturday game and a large crowd of OSU fans get here as Texas had around 2000 fans at yesterday game and they were very loud.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2015
Houston
Basically nobody has any pitchers left is my understanding from talking to TCU and Texas fans yesterday. We have Stone and Martin with all staff for today and tomorrow. If we make it to Sunday we may have to throw McLean and allstaff is my guess. College baseball team struggle to have two much less to have three to four bonafide starting pitchers and this is why rarely do you have a sweep.

Yesterday… Texas was wanting Gordon to go the distance and he either stretched his knee or hamstring the wrong way and was limping off the field so he could be out for Regionals.

Without Gordon, Texas relievers were awful…. TCU just needed to get some walks but they were trying to hit bad pitches to move runners with bases loaded as umpire was calling pitches in the ground and obviously high pitches strikes.

OU starter was superior and TT struggled until reliever came in the 9th and they hit a two run homer and could have tied it but struck out swinging with a bad pitch.

I wonder if we make it to Sunday if Mederos could pitch with four days rest?

Hopefully we get to Saturday game and a large crowd of OSU fans get here as Texas had around 2000 fans at yesterday game and they were very loud.
Mederos will not throw again this week.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Texas and TCU are out of pitchers and now Gordon may be out for regionals. We have used Moderos in game one for 5- 6 innings and Morrill in reliefs for 3-4 innings and Campbell for 7 innings in game two.

If we get to Saturday games the first game is at 9 am and the second game if needed is at 4 pm. We need to beat TCU today, so Stone may start to see if he can go the distance but our bats should be all over TCU pitching and it would be great to run rule them for short game.

If we get to Saturdays game go with Martin and most likely bats will have to win this game for either us or Texas. If we get to second game throw Davis or Phansalker.

If we get to Sunday’s game start McLean or maybe Osmond is ready by then. Ure started one game early in the season. Could he go some innings?

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2006
USA
www.yahoo.com
If we can use just Stone, Phamsalker and McLean today we will be in decent position. I agree that Martin and Davis probably start the next two. Don't think there's any chance we throw Mederos if we make it to Sunday. We're in protection mode on our three starters for regionals.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
TCU pitcher today is Riley Cornelio a right hander. We faced him on 4-22 and had 11 hits and 7 earned runs and we won 13-2. Campbell went 8 innings and Stone closed.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2015
Houston
If we can use just Stone, Phamsalker and McLean today we will be in decent position. I agree that Martin and Davis probably start the next two. Don't think there's any chance we throw Mederos if we make it to Sunday. We're in protection mode on our three starters for regionals.
I would like to stay away from Phanskaler and McLean today if possible. My pitching path to victory would be.
Stone 6innings
Marsh 2 inning
Ure 1 inning
Then both of them are available on Sunday!