OSU Baseball at TCU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Herecomesbullets

Territorial Marshal
Nov 14, 2010
The thing that I think makes the least amount of sense to me is that our bullpen has been shaky all year.

We have power arms, but they have 0 confidence and it's hard to blame them the way they are forced to pitch.

There's too many examples of kids losing their confidence for there not to be something there that's real.

So, despite the fact that our bullpen has been shaky, Rob has us ptchimg in a way that, even when getting outs, our starters are being forced to throw a ton of pitches.

So... By the way we are calling games, pitching backwards, nibbling etc... we are pretty much guaranteeing that the bullpen is going to play a major factor.

That's just another example of how Rob has to do things his way instead of adjusting to the talent he's recruited and having our guys pitch pitching to our strengths.

I would not want to play defense behind our pitchers.

There's no flow, no rhythym and it's forever in between plays.

That's part of our problem on defense.

Last edited:

Herecomesbullets

Territorial Marshal
Nov 14, 2010
Josh is a good talker, like his dad< maybe lacks coaching skills, like his dad!!!
Josh is a great Coach

Rob is a great technician, and with the right type of mentality and skill set, is a great Coach as well.

But, he is really dragging this thing down right now with his ego.

I think, if Josh has a weakness, it would be handling negative issues like this with Rob.

I think Rob takes advantage of that.

It's to the point where Josh needs to step in and force some changes.

Our pitchers need to work faster, they need to quit pitching backwards so much and whatever mental approach Rob is taking with them, it needs to be made clear that it's not working.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019
US
TCU is taking advantage of the big left handed leg kick of Wrobleski and stealing him blind.

We massively out think ourselves on the pitching end.

Part of the reason we don't play good defense is because our pitchers, and the way they nibble, make it hard to play behind them.
They nibble because of the pitch calling per Rob

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Apr 14, 2009
I watched much of the games this weekend. Those TCU homeruns with runners in scoring position those weren’t nibble pitches those were gopher balls thrown up ann right over the plate.
I don’t think Rob Walton was calling for walks or gopher balls. It’s the players not the coaching.
I also believe that TCU instead of walking our best hitters were hitting them with pitches. Putting them on and then striking out the batters after them.Just my humble opinion.

Herecomesbullets

Territorial Marshal
Nov 14, 2010
pitch to contact, obviously not c0ck-shots, but let your defense work!
I watched much of the games this weekend. Those TCU homeruns with runners in scoring position those weren’t nibble pitches those were gopher balls thrown up ann right over the plate.
I don’t think Rob Walton was calling for walks or gopher balls. It’s the players not the coaching.
I also believe that TCU instead of walking our best hitters were hitting them with pitches. Putting them on and then striking out the batters after them.Just my humble opinion.
Our pitchers went to a 3 ball count 42 times this weekend.
Only 12 of those ended up in outs.

We walked or hit 24 of their hitters and 2 of the TCU homeruns came with a 3 ball count.

They also had 6 hits with a 3 ball count on the weekend as well.

That was a major plus for TCU this weekend.

Call it what you want, but our pitchers simply don't throw enough strikes, get in too many many bad counts and throw too many pitches.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
Our pitchers went to a 3 ball count 42 times this weekend.
Only 12 of those ended up in outs.

We walked or hit 24 of their hitters and 2 of the TCU homeruns came with a 3 ball count.

They also had 6 hits with a 3 ball count on the weekend as well.

That was a major plus for TCU this weekend.

Call it what you want, but our pitchers simply don't throw enough strikes, get in too many many bad counts and throw too many pitches.
It seems like we try to backwards pitch more often than alot of teams in college and i feel like not getting that first strike across the plate hurts us aaaalot, just as it would any other team. Need to just start pounding the zone with strikes we have a great defense that can support our pitchers any game, but throwing too many balls also puts the defense to sleep and why it seems we have had alot of errors lately in the last few series