OSU Baseball at TCU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 1, 2008
Time for the Pokes to "man-up" or "lay down". We will see what kind of coaching job JH and RW can come up with now!!!! Hope they can motivate the boys. Tough weekend.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Let’s recap the wizards decisions this weekend

Leaves Davis too long in a one run game gives up a bomb. Goes to phansalkar gives up a bomb. Then uses Standlee down a run for no reason.

Game 2

Pulls stone for no reason goes to Standlee when we actually need him after he threw a pointless inning the day before and gives up 3 hits and we lose by 1

Today

Sits on his bets available arm and uses a guy who threw a ton of pitches 2 days ago a guy who hasn’t pitched in a couple of weeks and a guy making his debut. All gave decent efforts. Then he goes to his best arm after we’ve walked in the tying run with no outs. And any decent hitter late in a tie game is going to sit fastball in that situation.

And this as a program is apparently acceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
This series expose us in a major way! We don’t have enough quality arm’s especially in the bullpen. We guys who throw hard...which is nice, but a lot of them can’t throw strikes. Right now, we don’t have enough to make it out of the regional and at the rate we use standlee, davis, and Martin...they’ll be worn down come postseason

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
This series expose us in a major way! We don’t have enough quality arm’s especially in the bullpen. We guys who throw hard...which is nice, but a lot of them can’t throw strikes. Right now, we don’t have enough to make it out of the regional and at the rate we use standlee, davis, and Martin...they’ll be worn down come postseason
It appears we are not a contender for the conference. Maybe we can put it together toward the end and surprise some people as a 2 seed. I think that’s the best we can hope for this season.

Last edited:

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
But we heard nothing for the last year but how deep and quality the pitching staff is. Who the heck is evaluating, preparing, and utilizing these people. Year in, year out, we have maybe one or two good starters, a closer, and any other bull pen is a cluster with no clue who can get a job done. It’s just a continuation of the same crap that has been going on for the last several years.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Josh:

“We’re now starting to doubt our talent”

“Justin felt some stiffness, and we had to protect him”

“We just got too sped up on offense and had some bad swings when we could have brought in four or five runs.”

“I’ll be pissed off for the next four or five hours and then focus on our home stand”

“You see some things where we can get some guys in the right spots to find their niche.”

“The wins and losses matter, but the process matters.”

“I’m not as disappointed in the guys as I am myself.”

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
Josh:

“We’re now starting to doubt our talent”

“Justin felt some stiffness, and we had to protect him”

“We just got too sped up on offense and had some bad swings when we could have brought in four or five runs.”

“I’ll be pissed off for the next four or five hours and then focus on our home stand”

“You see some things where we can get some guys in the right spots to find their niche.”

“The wins and losses matter, but the process matters.”

“I’m not as disappointed in the guys as I am myself.”
Josh is not, and should not ever throw anyone under the bus in a public forum. But the tone of his voice in the post game said a lot. He’s not, and should not be happy with anyone.

That first statement is somewhat interesting.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Josh is not, and should not ever throw anyone under the bus in a public forum. But the tone of his voice in the post game said a lot. He’s not, and should not be happy with anyone.

That first statement is somewhat interesting.
Agree.

Many have said that he's much tougher on the team than we realize by his public persona, but there are a lot of times (like this weekend, based on sloppy play) when you wouldn't know it. If he's only tough on them with words and not actions (ie benching, moving down in order, etc) it's meaningless. He's done a lot of great things, but I wouldn't label many of his teams as "disciplined."