OSU at DBU Tuesday

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
OSU travels to Dallas Baptist tonight for a 6:30 first pitch. (OSU website says 6, DBU 6:30)

If you have Bally Sports you can watch here:

https://www.ballysports.com/watch/live/oklahoma-state-at-dallas-baptist

Some will say this is a big game, RPI #6 vs RPI #3, but I say there's no pressure at all on the Pokes.
If they win, awesome, RPI might jump 1 spot. If they lose, that's okay, no shame in losing to RPI #6 and ending the season 1-1 versus them. I'm not saying that they shouldn't go compete their butts off and try to keep the winning streak going--but the biggest games this week are Friday-Sunday. I'll understand if Rob pitches some guys who haven't had a lot of innings.

DBU is 30-17 overall, 17-8 at home, and is on a five game win steak, OSU is on a seven game winning streak and is 14-3 on the road. Neither team has announced a starter.

They've beaten OU, TCU, Tech, Baylor, and Louisiana Tech in midweek games. That's where they thrive--although they did lose 14-1 at A&M.

Last edited:

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
The Oasis
redcircle.com
OSU travels to Dallas Baptist tonight for a 6:30 first pitch. (OSU website says 6, DBU 6:30)

If you have Bally Sports you can watch here:

https://www.ballysports.com/watch/live/oklahoma-state-at-dallas-baptist

Some will say this is a big game, RPI #6 vs RPI #3, but I say there's no pressure at all on the Pokes.
If they win, awesome, RPI might jump 1 spot. If they lose, that's okay, no shame in losing to RPI #6 and ending the season 1-1 versus them. I'm not saying that they shouldn't go compete their butts off and try to keep the winning streak going--but the biggest games this week are Friday-Sunday. I'll understand if Rob pitches some guys who haven't had a lot of innings.

DBU is 30-17 overall, 17-8 and home, and is on a five game win steak, OSU is on a seven game winning streak. Neither team has announced a starter.

They've beaten OU, TCU, Tech, Baylor, and Louisiana Tech in midweek games. That's where they thrive--although they did lose 14-1 at A&M.

I fully expect Rob to throw no one who might throw this weekend, except maybe Stone. He didn't throw against SEMO, so I kind of expect Stone to start. I would expect to see guys like Ure, Bowman, Root, etc. With that being said, a guy I would love to see tonight is Landry Kyle. To me, he's an intriguing arm that could find a much bigger role next year. When I've seen him throw, I've been impressed.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Surprise starter tonight could be McLean or Morrill. Sold out game from looking at Ticketmaster available tickets. Does DBU use their Ace for these midweek games to keep their RPI low? Osmond started prior Mid week game vs DBU and Root in relief and Martin closing in 5-4 win in March.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
They beat OU 10-1 last Tuesday. Walton really needs to give Morrill more pitching tries… with his stuff he could go six innings and our hitting could win the game outright by then!
No.

Do NOT blow the weekend to win this game. If we win with Johnny Allstaff, fine, if we lose with Johnny Allstaff, fine.

Mar 1, 2005
Enid, Oklahoma
They beat OU 10-1 last Tuesday. Walton really needs to give Morrill more pitching tries… with his stuff he could go six innings and our hitting could win the game outright by then!
Like said above, I don't think you see Morrill or McLean, unless it's an inning apiece late with a lead. This game is virtually meaningless in the grand scheme. Save your arms for this weekend. Win the Big 12 and you'll be a national seed. DBU will play it up as a huge game for them (which it is), but OSU should just go play and get some downstaff guys some innings.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I bet we see Stone, Morrill, Davis, Marsh, maybe Roman if its close late. He may give Bowman and Ure another shot.

I really think Bogusz is going to play a huge role in a regional. If a starter gets chased early, he will be a huge asset to stablize a game.

Dec 26, 2011
Stillwater
I've never really followed anything other than OSU football, golf, and in the past basketball. But this team is exciting to watch and I look forward to watching them the rest of the season and going to my first regional

May 26, 2012
I already see our list of normal people indicating that mid week games mean nothing and they are fine losing this one. Clueless. This game will mean a lot when it comes down to getting a super regional. It will also go a long way in determining if we in 2 or 3 games this week or only one like we did a few weeks ago going 1-3 when we lost to oru.