OSSAA Board Meeting today

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Now that the OSSAA is going forward each school will have to set the guidelines for their fans attending these events.

Our school is requiring masks for all games, social distancing in the stands will be required, and no more than 30% capacity of any arena or stadium will be used for all games

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
I think High school sports should be safe. I expect a few games to be cancelled here or there. I do think there should definitely be caps on attendance though - 10-20% of capacity to allow for distancing.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Now that the OSSAA is going forward each school will have to set the guidelines for their fans attending these events.

Our school is requiring masks for all games, social distancing in the stands will be required, and no more than 30% capacity of any arena or stadium will be used for all games
Concession stands will get hurt because of all of this. ours is not selling any item that is not prepackaged. So no hot dogs, no popcorn etc. They will lose a lot of revenue.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I thought the experts said after the mass protests that outdoor gatherings posed no risk? If masks are mandated, how are football games attended at capacity not as safe if not safer than protests?

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
It has been "scientifically" proven that Covid never spreads during liberal mostly peaceful protests. Even Lord Fauci would not disagree with that point when asked directly. It only transmits at jobs, bars, restaurants, schools, sporting events, Trump rallys, and churches. Please get up to speed with the non-debatable "science". Thank you for your obedience...

Mar 11, 2006

I think that is the general direction large schools in the East have in place for policy

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK

Putnam City is limiting capacity to 25% and only those in football, band and cheer/pom will be allowed to get tickets for their family members. PCW and PCN are limited 3 tickets each and PCO is limiting to 4. No tickets sold at the gates. Visiting teams allowed 200 tickets at West and North, 300 tickets at Original. Original has a larger stadium (originally shared by all 3 schools until last year) which is why I guess they're allowing more.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Putnam City is limiting capacity to 25% and only those in football, band and cheer/pom will be allowed to get tickets for their family members. PCW and PCN are limited 3 tickets each and PCO is limiting to 4. No tickets sold at the gates. Visiting teams allowed 200 tickets at West and North, 300 tickets at Original. Original has a larger stadium (originally shared by all 3 schools until last year) which is why I guess they're allowing more.
been to many a OSSAA playoff games at PCO stadium

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
been to many a OSSAA playoff games at PCO stadium
Yeah, PCO definitely got the better end of the deal... PCN made off pretty well too but if you think BPS is shoehorned in, then PCW stadium will make though think it ain't so bad... Talk about cramming in a stadium just for the sake of having a stadium...
1597410645458.png

You're seeing that right. Visitor stands are in the North endzone BEHIND the track...